The Lion King on Broadway opening in Las Vegas!

The Lion King | New York City | Official Website for Tickets & Information

After we’re going to be there… :dry: We missed the preview performances by a week!!!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;939720]The Lion King | New York City | Official Website for Tickets & Information

After we’re going to be there… :dry: We missed the preview performances by a week!!![/QUOTE]

OMG. Thank you SO much for posting that Victoria!!! We are very likely going to be combining a DL/Las Vegas trip in May for our anniversary and this just makes me more excited about the Vegas leg of the trip!

Oooh! That makes a trip to Vegas sound even more enticing!

Not heading to Vegas again till Feb 2010 but I will def. make this one of our shows we go see!

Going to LV for our anniversary next week. Too early.:sad:

How long is this show likely to run for? we are in Vegas at the end of August/early September, will it still be on then? Oh my there are so many shows we want to see in Vegas and this is just going to be another one!

Well, it’s actually starting in May, so I’m pretty sure it’ll still be there in September. They’re duplicating the costumes and set, so I think it’ll probably run here for a while… at least a year, probably more. It’ll probably have a custom theater like Blue Man Group and the Cirque du Soleil shows… we saw Blue Man Group and Mystere two years ago, and both shows are still in Vegas. (However, we also saw Mama Mia two years ago, and it’s no longer there… but it didn’t have a custom theater.)

Dang! I am leaving Thursday for Vegas and it will be too early to see it! :frowning:

Thanks for that Vicoria, we are very keen to see The Beatles show Love which I believe is done by Cirque too?? and apparently Bette Midler is showing there too- oh so exciting!

Yes, Love is by Cirque. Have yet to see it (Dad thinks the Beatles will get annoying :glare:), but we stayed at the Mirage the last time we were in Vegas, and the theater area is very cute (I cannot remember why we went back there…). They have a lounge with go-go inside the letters. Lots of fun!

Oh, and look for deals on Cirque. There was a deal for any Cirque show, buy 2, get 2 free (except the 4 seats are split up). I’m not sure what weeks it is available for, but definitely look into it. I believe there are a few other promos going on at the moment, too.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;940094]Yes, Love is by Cirque. Have yet to see it (Dad thinks the Beatles will get annoying :glare:), but we stayed at the Mirage the last time we were in Vegas, and the theater area is very cute (I cannot remember why we went back there…). They have a lounge with go-go inside the letters. Lots of fun!

Oh, and look for deals on Cirque. There was a deal for any Cirque show, buy 2, get 2 free (except the 4 seats are split up). I’m not sure what weeks it is available for, but definitely look into it. I believe there are a few other promos going on at the moment, too.[/QUOTE]

Oh thanks so much- will do-last time we went to Vegas was our ‘first’ time visiting there and we actually didn’t do any shows!! we spent most of the time exploring the hotels,Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam etc, which was amazing-so this trip (which is for Paul’s birthday) we decided to do the show/entertainment side of Vegas- so your help was much appreciated!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;939720]The Lion King | New York City | Official Website for Tickets & Information

After we’re going to be there… :dry: We missed the preview performances by a week!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I really do miss the Lion King. I once saw it when i was a kid, and still I find myself still wanting to look at it once again.