The Mountains or Bust!

Cast: Me and DD7
Hotel: Beach Club
Dates: March 25-29

Our flights got in 15 minutes early in Sanford (flew Allegiant). Car was waiting for us and whisked us off to Beach Club. We were in our room at BC by 9:30 PM. My DD said she wanted to go swimming when we arrived but then decided she would rather head over to Epcot for EMH. So, we changed our clothes and off we went! Only rode a few of the smaller rides but gave us a quick fix!

Day 1

Saturday morning, we were up bright and early to make Rope Drop at 8 am at MK. We walked up to the bus stop just as the bus arrived. It was just the two of us and one other family. MK was pretty empty and got a few good pictures outside the park. We waited at the rope, sang along to Good Morning, waved to the gang and we were off!! My only complaint about rope drop is there are some adults (not kids) who think pushing and shoving is okay and running over 7year olds is acceptable. I had a few words with a woman who pretended not to understand me (I say pretended because I heard her speaking English later). But we weren’t going to let a few rude people ruin our day!!

We were one of the first on Space Mtn. Rode it and grabbed a FP for later in the day. Then headed to Pooh - love the honey walls. Then off to Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, FP for Splash, Thunder Mtn Railroad, Pirates, Magic Carpets and Jungle Cruise all before 10:30. What a great morning with no lines! We then used our FP for Splash Mtn. We had lunch with Pooh and gang at Crystal Palace - I love a few of their salads on the lunch buffet. We then rode the other rides that didn’t have long lines (Small World, Hall of Presidents, Country Bears, Philharmagic). We really enjoyed seeing Mickey in his patriotic gear and got our picture taken with him - about a 5 minute wait. Everything we did seemed to be timed perfectly. We walked into shows just as they were loading the theaters. The weather was gorgeous - not too hot - just a perfect day. My DD did the pirate makeover - empress pirate - and really enjoyed it. We did the dessert buffet at Tomorrowland Terrace - love watching Tink fly overhead - and then called it a night. It was really hard to see much of the detail for the Magic, Memories preshow from the terrace but what we could see was amazing!

I just want to say that the CMs were outstanding! They were so pleasant despite the crowds (it got really crowded around lunch time) and they were working really long hours. The CM who let us in at rope drop at 8 am was the same CM who was waving goodbye to us at 10:30 PM!!

I hope to be able to post pictures sometime this weekend.

We were back at our hotel by 11 and both fell fast asleep.

All I can say is wow. An amazing first day. :happy: Any pictures?

Awesome first day! Can’t wait to read more!

Sounds like a wonderful couple of days so far. Isn’t it always nice when your flight arrives early, even if it is just 15 mins!!!

Wow you guys pack a lot of things into a day! Love to see some photos if you have time?

WOW! What a jammed packed first day! I can’t wait to read more and see pics. Did you think the dessert party was worth the extra $?

After eating at a buffet at lunch, no way could I do a dessert party. Well, I could, but I don’t think I could handle more than one or two desserts and that does not count as a party in my book.:laugh:

That sounds like a fantastic first day! Can’t wait to hear more! (and pictures)…no pressure…just sayin’…:happy:

[QUOTE=staceyheis;1072394]Our flights got in 15 minutes early in Sanford (flew Allegiant).

Allegiant flies out of an airport close to us but I have never been brave enough to give them a try. Looking at reviews online there are some real horror stories out there. How was your experience with them?

Wow… Thats awesome that you were able to get so many attractions in before lunch. I am sure this made your day much more enjoyable. I can’t wait to read more and your thoughts on the resort.

[QUOTE=Buzz’s#1Ranger;1072705][QUOTE=staceyheis;1072394]Our flights got in 15 minutes early in Sanford (flew Allegiant).

Allegiant flies out of an airport close to us but I have never been brave enough to give them a try. Looking at reviews online there are some real horror stories out there. How was your experience with them?[/QUOTE]

I fly Allegiant exclusively now out of South Bend and have never had any problems whatsoever with them. I guess I haven’t read the on-line reviews, what do they say? And flying into Sanford is such an easy experience, beats MCO anytime.

Sorry - stomach flu has gotten the best of me. I hope to be able to update and post pictures later this week.

[QUOTE=Buzz’s#1Ranger;1072705][QUOTE=staceyheis;1072394]Our flights got in 15 minutes early in Sanford (flew Allegiant).

Allegiant flies out of an airport close to us but I have never been brave enough to give them a try. Looking at reviews online there are some real horror stories out there. How was your experience with them?[/QUOTE]

We didn’t have any problems. The only issue was that when our return flight also got in early, the grounds crew wasn’t ready for us so we had to wait 45 minutes for our luggage. That was more attributable to the size of the airport, I think. My sister flies them at least 4 times per year and has never had a problem. My piece of advice thought is to add up all the “extra” fees to make sure it is still a good deal.

Some pictures from Day 1

I hope you’re feeling better-the stomach flu is the WORST.

I’m enjoying your TR! Your DD is a cutie!

Great first day! Me and my DD do the power tour in the morning and LOVe getting on all those attractions by lunch. It works in every park and is even better with a morning EMH to give you another hour head start on the late risers.

Can’t wait to hear more and see more pics!