The mouse has gotten too big for his brithces

So I have 4 months left on my AP and have been looking at the renewal price. Even as a FL resident each ticket is more than $400. I hate to say it but I think Dis has gotten too proud of what they offer. And what they off in my opinion is more and more chinese junk trinkets and more non-english speaking staff service where i have to do hand signals to explain what i am looking for. I’ve been an AP for 11 years but as they start to raise their prices not in relation to the economy I just cant justify what they ask for a few blissful days at the world.

I know… I am shocked how much regular prices have gone up in the past few years… I was shocked to see the change during this recession…

yes well, that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe it can be remedied by not buying the AP’s any more. I am saying that because I am jealous of all that can do this.

America = melting pot. I speak with an accent ( I have been told)
If Disney didn’t hire all people, they would be in trouble. ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don’t. Let’s leave that subject alone, ok!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1094812]yes well, that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe it can be remedied by not buying the AP’s any more. I am saying that because I am jealous of all that can do this.

If Disney didn’t hire all people, they would be in trouble. ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don’t. Let’s leave that subject alone, ok![/QUOTE]

Thank you Dopey!

What about doing the Seasonal FL Resident Pass? We have done this for 6 out of the past 7 years. I never want to go when it is so stinking hot, I hate Spring Break crowds and Christmas/New Years Crowds… I think it is roughly $250 an adult and you can pay monthly if that helps.

I can’t imagine not having mine…

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1094831]What about doing the Seasonal FL Resident Pass? We have done this for 6 out of the past 7 years. I never want to go when it is so stinking hot, I hate Spring Break crowds and Christmas/New Years Crowds… I think it is roughly $250 an adult and you can pay monthly if that helps.

I can’t imagine not having mine…[/QUOTE]

Well now that’s a much better price. So Kim, does this really mean that the black out dates are for those times of the year when one doesn’t want to be there anyway? that’s actually fantastic.

Sounds like a great deal to me! AP’s are great if you are going to use them often - this sounds like a super deal though!

The Fl Resident seasonal pass is the only way we can do it. They offer a payment plan, too. I just put 500 down on 5 passes (3 adults, 2 children) and I’m paying 78 a month. This is SO much cheaper than any other fun thing I can take my children to do, and we live close enough that the gas is not too much of a burden. Also, my BF’s daughter lives in Orlando, so we are there all the time anyway.

I would hate to have to pay full price for a pass and the block out dates are perfectly fine with me. I go to the beach in the summer, not WDW.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1094831]What about doing the Seasonal FL Resident Pass? We have done this for 6 out of the past 7 years. I never want to go when it is so stinking hot, I hate Spring Break crowds and Christmas/New Years Crowds… I think it is roughly $250 an adult and you can pay monthly if that helps.

I can’t imagine not having mine…[/QUOTE]

The season passes are awesome, that’s what I always do. And you’re never missing anything really, you are able to go for all the festivals (Flower & Garden & Food & Wine) and you still see all of the holiday decorations.

Plus I keep hearing about this pay monthly thing for your passes, you can do that too can’t you?

The seasonal pass is 17 a month for an adult. How cheap is that!? :slight_smile:

$17 is very reasonable. I’m seriously considering doing it again, getting passes.

I get the Fl weekday seasonal pass. I may upgrade to the seasonal pass though,not sure. It is so much cheaper getting AP’s.

If I still homeschooled, I would have bought the weekday pass!! It’s a great deal if you live close and can use it!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1094812]

If Disney didn’t hire all people, they would be in trouble. ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don’t. Let’s leave that subject alone, ok![/QUOTE]

Yes, indeed. Thank you!

Our new America?

I think I’ll just get a job there and let them pay ME to go to the parks.

Sweet deal, I’m thinking.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1094873]I think I’ll just get a job there and let them pay ME to go to the parks.

Sweet deal, I’m thinking.[/QUOTE]

Wait, didn’t you already do that? :happy:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1094812]yes well, that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe it can be remedied by not buying the AP’s any more. I am saying that because I am jealous of all that can do this.

Just to clarify, I did not disparage anyone LEGALLY migrating to US and working for the Dis. If I came across sounding differently, my whole-hearted apoligies are sent. I actually have an accent depending on whether or not I’ve been home to the mountains recently. You can take the boy out of the mountains, but well you know the rest…

We’re cool :happy:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1094873]I think I’ll just get a job there and let them pay ME to go to the parks.

Sweet deal, I’m thinking.[/QUOTE]

Perfect solution. I like it. I hear they have a snowbird program. Being very close to becoming a snowbird, :pinch: I am going to look into that!