The pirates ride

:pirate: I have a huge confession to make. I have never been on this ride. Is it scary? Is it a family ride? Can the kids go with me? Just wondering.

I went on this all the time as a little kid! The scariest part for me was the short but DARK hill/water slide near the beginning, I always shut my eyes. The rest is just piraty good fun, I remember laughing alot, and I have no doubt you’d be a good mommy and reassure your kids if they /were/ scared a bit. :happy:

Granted, I haven’t been on the new one since they added Capt. Jack…and did they add a Barbossa/Davy Jones in there somewhere too? Not sure if the latter two would make a difference, but I think they’d be fine. How old are your kids?

My boys are 10 & 6, and then of course, the other one, who is 45!!:laugh:
I was wondering about the darkness. I don’t know anything about the new additions, either.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Never been on!?!?!

I may have to make a special trip to WDW when you take your first ride!:happy:

You will love it - it may be a teensy bit scary for very young children (the cannons are loud) but not for your boys. It’s so wonderful!! The songs, the characters - beside the teeny little drop the ride is very smooth and relaxing. It’s dark but not too dark and it isn’t meant to be a scary ride. You are going to LOVE it!!!

How is that possible?! Get yourself on that ride pronto! You will love it!

I know, I know. Aren’t you proud of me for admitting it though?

Oh yes, I think you should make a special trip and join me.

I find it VERY disturbing that my very own daughter has NEVER been on PotC. How is that possible? You get your tail on that ride ASAP!

It’s not scary at all. Other than a little dark and one tiny dip it’s really quite tame. You’ll LOVE it. It’s a classic…

Ummm, who are you?:ph34r: :laugh:

DW and I took DS on there in october when he was 18months. he absolutely loved it (i do not know if this is a good guide, being he likes to lock himself in his closet also…)

but it is not scary at all…

Oh my goodness gracious!!! Look at who it is!!! So nice to see you, DAD!!:laugh: :heart:

It’s scarier for adults who don’t like mild thrill rides. The dark drop (which is smaller than the smallest drop in Splash Mountain) is quite tame, but actually a lot of fun.

One of the things I like about PotC is that you can make it as scary as you want. You can choose to take it seriously, or can can sing along and make it funny.

The scenes where the island villages are being ransacked are actually quite humorous.

I bet the boys will want to get back on it right away.

the only scary thing about the ride is how long that song stays in your head…

I personally love POTC. And no, I’m not just making this post to make my 1700th post. :biggrin:

of course not…

The new additions for the PotC ride (DL anyway) aside from adding movie props to various scenes are Three places where Jack Sparrow (that’s CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow!) shows up, Captain Barbosa now leads the ship attack on the fort, and a curtain of mist carries the image of Davy Jones and a warning that “Ye’ll not escape me!”

The ride is great and my kids have been riding it since they were about 2 with no problems. No need for fear.

are the changes made in WDW similar?

:eek: :eek: :eek: I cannot believe you have never been on this fantastic ride.
It’s not scary at all. It tells a story and there is some shooting going on. It just makes me smile to sit in the little boat and watch the “goingson”.
Ride it, you’ll be surprised how much fun it is. :pirate: :pirate:yoho yoho:pirate: :pirate:

Yeah, it’s definitely not scary.

And Goofy Daddy, I saw that guy on your avatar when I went there! :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes that avatar is from a picture I took of him posing with my kids a few weeks ago!!