The Plaza

We have never eaten here bc it has never been open when we were there. We got a res, but I wanted to get everyones opinion. Its either there or a CS for that day. Opinions??:heart:

We usually stop for a sundae or for a late lunch. The place can be noisy but the food is good and plenty of it.

…it must be good because we’ve never been able to get in there! I didn’t realize it was closed sometimes? Is that during the lower attendance times?

Yes, we usually go mid-late September. Unless its always just been booked and I am thinking of the Diamond HorseShoe. That could be totally possible! lol:glare:

That’s strange, it’s usually open all year.

We like it but it’s nothing fancy, just a little different. To me it’s a change from heavier meals but I still get waited on and feel like I got a little break from the crowds and heat.

It’s never open during hard ticket parties. The only sit down open during parties is Tony’s. Don’t know if this will change when the new restaurant opens in Fantasyland.

We love the Plaza. We always thought it was an ice cream place. One day we decided to go in without reservations and love it. We have always had good service, they never rush us out and the food is really good. Their clubs sandwiches and cheesesteaks are very good.

I knew most table service restaurants were closed during hard ticket events but I didn’t expect it to only be open seasonally.

No, it is open all the time. It is a small restaurant, but it is good. Tomato soup is yummy!
The first time we ever ate there, we were walking past it on our way to Pecos Bill, with starving kids. Well, it was right at noon, so we stopped and asked and the could seat us almost immediately. Well, while we re waiting ( 3 minutes total), the waitress asked where we were from, which I thought seemed a little odd because she seemed to be typing it in. Oh well, we were seated, and ready for our lunch.
About 5 minutes later the Mayor came in, and asked where the ***** family was. Well, that was us. He told the whole restaurant that we were from Atlanta, ga and we were the100th family in the restaurant that day. We got a free picture, dessert, and a certificate. It was instantly one of our favorite restaurants, and we go back every trip. It is a great little gem. Good ice cream too!

[QUOTE=hanwill;1121650]No, it is open all the time. It is a small restaurant, but it is good. Tomato soup is yummy!
The first time we ever ate there, we were walking past it on our way to Pecos Bill, with starving kids. Well, it was right at noon, so we stopped and asked and the could seat us almost immediately. Well, while we re waiting ( 3 minutes total), the waitress asked where we were from, which I thought seemed a little odd because she seemed to be typing it in. Oh well, we were seated, and ready for our lunch.
About 5 minutes later the Mayor came in, and asked where the ***** family was. Well, that was us. He told the whole restaurant that we were from Atlanta, ga and we were the100th family in the restaurant that day. We got a free picture, dessert, and a certificate. It was instantly one of our favorite restaurants, and we go back every trip. It is a great little gem. Good ice cream too![/QUOTE]

Wow…what fun! Now THATs A Disney moment…:mickey:

Oh yes, our daughter was 4 and she is now 12 and we still talk about it. She loves the mayor still. He is the same one too! We love that restaurant.

I’ve never known The Plaza to be open seasonally. Only the old Pirate and Parrot QS, Diamond Horseshoe, and Tomorrowland Terrace.

…oh…you reminded me that since my trip last month, I’ve wanted to ask if the tomorrow land terrace QS is ever opened for service or is it just shut down now…we haven’t found it open the last couple of visits? We miss the “noodle” opportunity!! I know they do the dessert party at night, but when the park is packed and lines are long at other restaurants, why not have it open for lunch at the very least?

It was open in early June and again in July this summer.

—Gee—they just don’t like us I guess. :crying: DD will be happy to know it’s not permanently closed. I could understand the times we have been there in January, but a few weeks ago—I thought sure we would find it open…

After reading this post I tried to find the menu on allears. They only have the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor list. Am I missing something?

Menu for The Plaza…

Plaza Restaurant, Magic Kingdom - Menu

Thanks! It looks like a nice early dinner spot.

It’s good.