The possible expansion of the refillable cups drink choice

Nothing official but today I had some free time and called guest services to ask about the refillable cups and why they were limited to soda drinks.I asked them why it just applied to soda drinks and why not coffee and tea and hot chocolate.She said that she would check on why,she surprisingly called me back within 45 minutes with the answer and what a surprise technically she said they decided to go this way with sodas as a test,but it might possibly be expanded to other refillable mug fluids…also she said there is a possibility it might go away as they have fielded numerous complaints about the system etc…

My test last week says it works just ok… I got a brand new mug- went to the station. and it would not let me fill it at all… they quickly GAVE ME A NEW MUG THOUGH… However- it was tricky to get it to work…

My friend found out the hardway that after 14 days the cup dies and needs to be reprogrammed …so much trust built in

yes… Well, we had been given the new mugs- turned around to use them, and it didn’t work… They asked no questions though… It was weird to wait for it to ring so that you could get a drink…

As much as I hate drinking out of a paper cup…I think we will skip the mug for the first time in ions…if it doesn’t work with coffee, it’s not worth the cost. We aren’t there to use it for soda…mostly coffee and hot choc in the morning.

I actually may take a coffee cup…buy the coffee each time and pour in into a mug to drink it. :slight_smile:

I think he is saying that only the sodas are restricted… You could refill coffee/ hot chocolate as much as you want. There should be no changes yet for coffee, etc…

Yes that is true,only sodas have disabled older mugs,but the chip technology might be heading for everything else or they might do away with it all together…they say they are looking into it and right now it is subject to change either way

Yes that is true,only sodas have disabled older mugs,but the chip technology might be heading for everything else or they might do away with it all together…they say they are looking into it and right now it is subject to change either way

I just wish they had a “bring back mug and pay 1/2 price” program. I have no issues buying a mug, but if all the disney mugs in the world got together, they would probably fill the grand canyon.

We may not buy a mug next trip. Even paying Disney prices on the 2 lt bottles, we’d have to fill it more than 25 times over a week’s time span. Since we have DVC, it’s a whole lot easier to keep a few bottles in the fridge than walking back and forth to the dispenser.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1142298]I just wish they had a “bring back mug and pay 1/2 price” program. I have no issues buying a mug, but if all the disney mugs in the world got together, they would probably fill the grand canyon.

We may not buy a mug next trip. Even paying Disney prices on the 2 lt bottles, we’d have to fill it more than 25 times over a week’s time span. Since we have DVC, it’s a whole lot easier to keep a few bottles in the fridge than walking back and forth to the dispenser.[/QUOTE]

We didn’t buy one this trip even as a souvenir, we stopped at a supermarket and pre purchased our softbdrinks and water, we let our money talk we also bought vitamin waster and the like and spent nothing at the resort or parks ,sorry Disney but it works both ways… my feelings on the refillable are simple the cost of the cup does not justify the end result especially with the limitations attached

And, it is not that big of a cup… So its not like you are getting some huge refill that you could sip on for hours. We did that with water as well… When you are outside for 14hours a day, you need a bunch of water to drink… We also took a small cooler bag, under the stroller with frozen waters in it. by about 10:30, we were ready for a drink, and they and started to melt. It was very refreshing when you were hot.