The rest of my Trip report

Ok so here we go:

DM and I wake up at like 6am… Get up and get ready to head over to Epcot by 8am… We get there and get a parking spot right up front which was great and headed inside. There was really no one there just us people for the Doll and Bear weekend and it looked like a small class trip of some kind… So we walked over to the Wonders pavillion where we are to get our list of things that we got (ie the bears and or dolls that we picked in the RSP the day before at the Cont) and then have breakfast with everyone. DM and I got everything that was on our list…Yahooo we were so happy… Then it was off to get something to eat. Disney served us coffee, OJ and Mini muffins and cookies. We thought that it was going to be an actual breakfast and we were shocked at what they were giving us… But oh well we got the bears that we wanted so we just figured that we would get something to eat later on… We chatted with alot of very nice bear and doll people from all over the world which was nice. After about an hour or so of chatting it was time to leave the Wonders Pavillion and head over to World Showcase Pavillion (Which is between UK and Canada) and a very long walk… This is wear all the bear artist are, where the bear and doll auction is going to be later on this evening and our dinner.
So we hoof all the way over and start looking at all the other things that the artist brought with them to look at and or to sell. We chatted with a great couple from Canterbury Bears who were so nice it felt like we had known them for years…
We looked down to see what time it was and it was almost 11am and we had a bear making class at 1230 back in the Wonders Pavillion (where we had breakfast earlier) So we decided that we would wait on line pay for our bears and have them sent to the main gate at epcot so that we didnt have to carry them around all day and could pick them up when we left later on. Now the fun begins… Let me remind you know that up to this point everything for the past 2 days for this bear weekend was fantastic…

Ok here comes the bad stuff. We pay for our bears and the CM gives us a long green sheet and tells us to go over to the other table and see another CM so that we can see our bears and give the CM there this green sheet (which is out package p-up reciept) Ok so we do this and the CM asks us for our other green sheet, we were like what other green sheet and he says the one that you were givin this am (which is the one that has the list of bears that we wanted on it). We tell him that the CM who checked us out took it from us and we didnt know that we were supp to get it back… So the CM says well Im sorry but if you dont have this sheet I cant give you your bears… Ok now Mom wants to cry and I want to hit something or someone… So he calls over this woman CM and she says the same thing. We once again explain the same thing to her that we never got it and then in fact we never even got our credit card receipt etc… So she looks at my Package p-up recpt and its blank… Now she starts yelling at me saying well your sheet is blank there are no items on it… There is a total amount on the sheet and that it was paid for and it was paid for… So we asked her to ask the CM that we checked out with to see what he did with it… She refused and said that he was too busy right now. Now DM and I are ready to cry kick scream etc…
At this point about an hour had passed and we have to be in a bear making class in a 1/2 hour (which we paid 50 pp for by the way) and it was all the way on the other side of Epcot…
So the female cast member now is starting to realize that the the male CM who checked us out made a mistake… She takes our package p-up recepits and tells to go to our bear making class and by the time we come back in about 2 hours she will have everything figured out…
Now were arent sure if we should go and make our bear cause now we have no paperwork stating anything etc… And we still are mad cause it was like this CM was accusing us of stealing or something. So we decide to go and make the bear… We run and I mean run all the over to Wonders Pavillion and we are about 10 mons late for our class…(Oh yea and we still havent eaten anything yet at this point)

We make our bear with a lovely mother and daughter from Japan… It was hard to understand them and we were still upset over what just happened so we were really not in a good mood right now and this is supp to be fun and we werent having fun and were getting very fustrated…
We finish making our bear and the 20 of us in the group all get our picture taken together… We say goodbye and thanks to mom and daughter from Koto Bears and now its back to running all the way back to the World Showcase Pavillion to see what happened…

Ok now we walk back inside the WP Showcase and ask the girl behind the counter for this CM who was dealing with our situation… She looks at us and gets says real nasty “YES WE KNOW ALL ABOUT YOUR PEOPLE AND SHE IS WORKING ON IT PLEASE GO IN THE BACK AND FIND HER” Boy its amazing to us how CM who were so nice the day before and earlier that morning now have such attitudes… Sof off to the back of the room we go and we asked for (cheri) the CM who was helping us and they go and get her… She comes out with a stack of green papers in her hand and says that she found them… So DM askes her 3 times where she found them out and the CM wouldnt answer her so finally on the 4th time the CM says to us you were right the guy CM behind the counter had the paperwork the whole time etc… And the she said that she got all our information out of the computer which showed which bears we wanted, which bears we got, which bears we paid for, and how we paid for them… She then began to explain to us how they take CM from other areas of the park to work the register for this event and how they only get a few days of training etc… So finally we get everything all figured out, checked out all of our bears and have them packed up to shipped to the main gate…After we do all this we have to sign a peice of paper which states that we saw everything etc… Ok we do that and finally at the very end Cheri the CM says Im sorry… We walk away and head towards some other people that we met while we were there and who knew all about what was going on with us… We are now happy that everything was taken care of however we were still very unhappy of how we were treated and how rude a few of the CM were… I mean not for nothing but we paid 350 dollars each to attend this event and spent about $2000 each on bears so…
Well anyway we finished talking to some people that we met, its about 500 now and we still havent eaten and were do back at have dinner here later on. So DM and I say goodbye to them and decide to go and get something to drink and relax a little but in Epcot before we have to come back…
Now hold on to your chairs for this one…

As we are walking out just checking everything out, The CM Cheri that was so rude to us is walking the other way towards us talking to another male CM that is walking with her… She is talking loud enough that we and others in the room can hear her and she says as we are walking past her to this other CM " You should have seen these 2 &#$@$ that I had to deal with OMG what a pain in the &$#@ they lose there sheets and then expect us to deal with it" There was a few more choice words that were said and then she looked over and realized that we were right there… She didnt say anything to us and just kept on walking away… We were both like OMG so now all we want to go is get the heck out of there… It was like we were the talk of the show this Saturday…

We went outside and found a smoking section just past UK and I went and got mom a diet soda and me a Bass Ale from the Rose N Crowne Pub. WE sat on a beach and enjoy our drinks had a few cig’s and talked to some other people from the show who were floored and shocked at what happened…
We relaxed a little while longer and then headed back to the WSP for our dinner… The tables were done so nice and they each had a flower arrangment on them with a lrg stuffed Mickey Mouse and a little bear on his leg. We were so hungary so we started to chow down on salad and bread… Then our dinner came which was chicken, meat, potatos and veggies… Everything was good except for the meat was RAW… Everyones was RAW YUKKKKKKKKK… So we ate what we could then they brought out dessert which was a small piece of black forrest cake surrounded by white choc with a Mickey mouse and bear on it and a small piece of rasberry cake… Both were great… Now after dinner there is an auction in which each artist there made either 1 bear and or doll or both. They handed ourt these paddles which were in the shape of MM’s head… We decided that since it was such a bad day all around and we were still so agravated that we didnt want to stay and see the auction (and besides we dont have the money anyway LOL) We said goodbye to the people at our table and went out to enjoy the remaning hour that Epcot was open and see Illumnations…
We walked over towards the area of Germany and looked around the shop and then watched a little of illumnations and started to head out… Did a little shopping at MouseGears on the way out then went to the package p-up area and picked up our boxed of bears, headed out to the car and back to hotel…

We get to the hotel and unload the car and start chit chatting yet once again about what a horriable day it was and how we were treated etc… Our legs hurt so bad from running around all day and epcot it felt like they were going to fall off… We still couldnt believe that Disney CM’s could be so rude and nasty but we finally fell asleep about 1am and were getting up on Sunday at 8am.

Sunday am we got up and had a character breakfast at our hotel (Wyndham Palace in DTD) It was AWESOME… Minnie Mouse,Pluto and Goofy were there… After breakfast we still had one more day at the bear show if we wanted to go back to epcot but we decided against that and did what we wanted to… We still had a say pass left so we didnt want it to go to waste. We drove over to the POLY and walked around and then over to AKL and walked around… Then we headed for MGM studios… We had a PS for Prime Time 50’s cafe at 715. We did a few things around MGM and then went to dinner and then headed over to Fantasmic for the 2nd show… What an awesome show… When the show was over we started to head out and did a little shopping on the way and then headed back to the hotel. We still had to pack everything up in the room and get everything together cause we were checking out on Monday morning and driving home…

We went to sleep and woke up at about 8am on Monday and packed up the car and checked out of the room. We went to DTD and did some more shopping and then had a sundae at Ghiardelli’s. Left DTD and started to head home… We spent the night in NC on monday night and made it home on Tuesday afternoon…

All and all it was great to be at Disney World, however I will never be going to the Doll and TeddyBear weekend there ever again…

Oh my! I am so sorry to hear about the CM. That was SO rude! I hate for you to miss out on another show because of her. I would really consider writing a letter about her behavior. That was not only unprofessional it was just hurtful and wrong with a capital W! I am glad you guys got it all straight and got everything that you wanted. It’s a shame that one jerk ruined what should have been a perfect trip.

I really can’t believe (well, I can, you know what I mean) how rotten people can be. I would have been crying in the first two minutes. Our last trip (dec 03), my DH and I waited for two hours for illumnations and 1/2 hr before the show,a CM came up to us and about 30 other people and said “I have good news and I have bad news, you all have to move because this area is for a vip viewing and they paid just a little more than you, the good news is that it’s going to be a great show.” That night I was up all night with the phase “they paid just a little more than you” ringing in my head. Talk about feeling second class!! I’m glad you were able to regroup and enjoy the rest of your trip.

I am glad that you made the best of your weekend there, but it is terrible how rude the CM’s were. I would definitely write a letter.There is no reason for CM’s to treat you that way!

I agree with everyone else who said you should write a letter about how rude the cMs were.

Oh my goodness - I think you should definitely complain about the way you were treated and I would have no qualms at all about mentioning the CM by name. Behaviour like that is unforgiveable. Isn’t it too bad that situations like this can ruin your vacation? It just puts a cloud over it. I guess it’s because we all love WDW so much, that we find it hard to believe the CM’s can be so nasty. I had a similar situation many years ago. In a rack of children’s shorts, I found one pair that had not be re-priced (to a higher price), and the attitude of a CM who tried to tell me I had to pay the higher amount was beyond rude. (She insinuated that I had somehow changed the tag - a ridiculous and impossible thing to do). I marched right over to Guest Relations and reported her immediately and have never regretted doing it.

I completely agree. Look at it this way, if you remove that horrible CM you had a wonderful time. Do you not want to experience that again just b/c ONE person was bad?

Thank you for sharing your TR.

Lisa :mickey:

DM and I are in the process of writing a letter. We are going to be sending it out to various people amoungst disney. It just bothers me so much that a CM can be like that… People do talk about people behind their backs ( I dont think that it is right but it happens) But when she turned and saw us she should have said sorry or something and not said another word, but she kept on going… If it wasnt for that one bad day the trip would have been wonderful… I just dont understand people sometimes…

Let us know if you ever get any response from Disney!!!

I can’t believe you were treated that way. No one should have to experience that kind of treatment at WDW. I hope you get a quick response to your letter.

I am glad you were able to have a good time even though you had a terrible experience with that CM. That person doesn’t need to be working at Disney at all. I’ll bet your bears are cute though!

Aww, sorry that ruined your doll and bear show. It sounds like a really cool thing to do with your Mom. Too bad it makes you never want to do that again. Got any pictures of the bears? They sound neat.

We did take pictures on the first day at the Cont and my DM just dropped them off on Sat to be developed and to get a CD copy also… Once we do I will post some of them if you would like…

So far the letter that Im writing is up to 2 pages… Oh boy…