The Tiki Room

Has anyone here been to the newly remodeled Tiki Room?

I am wondering how it came out and did they really revert to the original attraction.

I was just there and I loved the change. I was a little young when they changed it to the “new management” so I don’t remember a lot of the old show but some memories started coming back to me as I watched it. A reverted pre-show was definitely a welcome change from the bickering of Iago and Zazu’s “agents” that I was used to.
As far as I can recall from the old one, the new show is almost (if not completely) identical. If nothing else, it was just nice to have it a little more enchanted and a little less Iago-y…
But Disney definitely got it right with this change! :mickey:

We were there last month and from what I can remember, it’s the original.

Are you having trouble remembering a month ago or remembering what the original was…

:eek: :laugh: :mickey:

[QUOTE=tigger;1095309]Are you having trouble remembering a month ago or remembering what the original was…

:eek: :laugh: :mickey:[/QUOTE]

Both.:laugh: No, no - I mean from what I remember of the Original.

Hmmm…maybe Limsy can let ya know:)

Is the lady coming out of the fountain near the end?

She has been replaced with Boss Mouse…he has been secretly auditions for this part for years.

Complete with tutu, I hope!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1095295]Has anyone here been to the newly remodeled Tiki Room?

I am wondering how it came out and did they really revert to the original attraction.[/QUOTE]

So I guess you decided to skip it like we did this trip.:mellow:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

DodgeBall Threw Up - YouTube

Nope it burned while we were standing in front of it :crying:

it wasn’t me!

I have only seen the “under new management” version so I am looking forward to this version this week! thanks for the reminder that it’s new - I would have been ok skipping it otherwise :slight_smile:

soundgod- where else would you throw up? ( ok, I have always wanted to ask that…)

Has anyone watched the new/old version on youtube? I am sure that someone has recorded it somewhere…

Ok, now I want to go. ASAP!

No … They toned it down with loud noises … They have more Thunder now … At least that’s what we saw in September. Had the ol’ flavor to it again.

WE have skipped it for years. Didn’t care for it “Under New Management”. Guess I will have to try it this trip.

I admit, tigger, I have had my eye on you…:ninja:

[QUOTE=hanwill;1095356]soundgod- where else would you throw up? ( ok, I have always wanted to ask that…)
[/QUOTE]

Well, you’d throw up in your mouth a little and be able to choke it back down.
You know, like when some food does a quick “hello” before returning to whence it came. As opposed to just letting it all rip as you fall to your knees as you say your prayer to the great porcelain God Kohler (most WDW bathrooms are equipped with Kohler:laugh:).

[QUOTE=hanwill;1095356]soundgod- where else would you throw up? ( ok, I have always wanted to ask that…)

Has anyone watched the new/old version on youtube? I am sure that someone has recorded it somewhere…

Ok, now I want to go. ASAP![/QUOTE]

I skimmed an old video from before the “new management” addition and everything looked pretty similar.