The Wave: menu

Hi. Well All Ears has posted the menus for The Wave in the Contemporary.
It doesn’t do that much for me and seems to share one thing in common for most of the Disney O&O restaurants since the 2005 introduction of the Magic Your Way dining plan. It’s (the menu) not that big and not that varied.
Plus a lot of what I do see, just doesn’t interest me.

What do the rest of you think? Are you let down? Are you disappointed? Or do you like the menu and think it’s just right?
I guess eventually we’ll eat there, but the chances of eating at Citrico’s are much better, and even Marrakesh seems more interesting to me than The Wave.

Thought I would post a quick link…

The Wave, Contemporary - Menu

Looks OK to me, I would give it a try. Not sure my kiddo’s would care for it though. Looks like they have a nice variety of “drinks”.

Not too bad . . . at least the kids menu has a little variety, altho this place doesn’t seem like a “kid place” altho I guess it’s DISNEY!

This looks yummy!

“Tropi-glow” Cocktail - X-fusion organic mango and passion fruit liqueur, Malibu coconut rum, pineapple juice, and a souvenir Multicolored glow cube. - $9.75

We’re trying it in August so I will let everyone know how it was when we get back. I am not super intrigued by it, but I like to try new places. Plus I do enjoy beef tenderloin!

At least the menu is different from most of the other restaurants that all seem to have the same menu.

The lettuce wraps sound especially yummy. But as for the rest of it, nothing excites me too much.

I felt the same way you do when I first looked at it, Doug. It’s nothing I would break a leg getting to, meaaa

I felt the same way too!:closedeye I was looking forward to an interesting menu…and I’m a bit disappointed:pinch: Maybe the menu will change after some feedback from the first guest to try this new restaurant. If not…then…maybe it’s yummier than it sounds!

I’m just sorry the Sticky Mickey isn’t a carry over from the Concourse Steakhouse breakfast menu:crying:

I was writing a post earlier noting how all of the non-Disney restaurants in WDW have at least 12 dinner entrees while the Disney O&Os average 8. Bongo’s has an incredible 24 entrees. Shula’s, bluezoo, Fulton’s, HoB, Yak and Yeti all have more than 10.
I was also noting that since the implementation of the MYW dining plan that propertywide, the menus at the Disney O&Os have been cut back and pretty much homogenized. A perfect example it Spoodles cutting tapas from their menu and the disappearance of lobster from almost every menu in WDW that is on the dining plan.
I’m holding out some hope as this is the first menu, and it’s bound to be changing every so often. Especially if it gets bad reviews. (I’m not saying there have been bad reviews, but suggesting that it could force a change in menu sooner)

I was writing it, but closed the tab instead of switching tabs and lost all I’d written. Oh well.

The entrance to the restaurant is super cool (we just saw it last weekend when we took the kids to DtD and played at the arcade at the Contemporary)

We checked out the menu, thinking maybe we would eat there and only ONE thing looked good to me and it was on the lunch menu. :sad:

But, the entrance is pretty cool. It’s a wave.

I think the menu looks interesting and will give the restaurant a try. I like to try new things and stuff I don’t fix at home

However, I have a feeling the menu will change. The meat and potatoes type crowd will have something against almost all of the dinner menu items.

It doesn’t really appeal to me either. Hopefully it’s a work in progress and we’ll see some positive change or something more unique as they work out the kinks of a new restaurant. We definitely won’t be including that in our ADR’s for Jan…My Mom, bro, and sisters won’t eat seafood. Sheesh.

Well I just booked it for 7/30. We will see how it is. Were doing the dining plan and it seems like a good fit. The decor should interest the children. Ill let you know.

Thanks, I await your review and comments.

Sustainable Fish???

What I want to know is who writes these menus?:confused:

My dd would like the vegetarian entrees.

I wouldn’t race there, but I’d try it - even the sustainable fish.

The only thing I can think of when they say sustainable fish would be aquafarmed fish like tilapia, Chilean salmon, and tiger shrimp from Thailand. Perhaps they’ve figured out how to do something with tuna.
Have you seen the price of fish at the stores lately?
Halibut, tuna, and even cod which are caught wild are all north of $16 a pound, and cod used to be so cheap!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;855788]The only thing I can think of when they say sustainable fish would be aquafarmed fish like tilapia, Chilean salmon, and tiger shrimp from Thailand. Perhaps they’ve figured out how to do something with tuna.
Have you seen the price of fish at the stores lately?
Halibut, tuna, and even cod which are caught wild are all north of $16 a pound, and cod used to be so cheap![/QUOTE]

The price of fish is insane. I don’t even bother looking at the tuna or halibut. It’s more expensive than a prime rib roast.

Oh, I can’t wait for you to report back:happy: I hope you enjoy it!

Ain’t that the truth! This week Publix has beef tenderloin on sale for $12.99 ($17.99 everyday) while they have portions of halibut for $8.50 and a per pound price approaching $28!
I have started buying quick frozen portions of tuna and flounder because it is much less. 12 ounces of tuna was $6.99 and flounder was $5.99. Fresh flounder was on sale for “only” $9.99 a pound.
But don’t get me started on food prices or well get this thread moved to chit chat!:pirate:(arg)

I actually just had lunch there yesterday. It was very good. My Mom was up for a visit and picked it because she’s a vegan. There were plenty of options for her (and Disney is usually willing to change anything to accomodate). I like that most everything was organic, including the beer (we didn’t try the beer so I can’t report on that). The place is beautiful though.