The Wave or Crystal Palace?

Hi, I am new here so I don’t know how much info is on this so here goes…

Would you rather eat dinner at The Wave or Crystal Palace?

I saw a thread about the Crystal Palace but it was mostly about breakfast.

We were going to try out The Wave even though I have heard mixed reviews. I am up for anything. But, then I was offered a Crystal Palace reservation from a friend who has to cancel. I am wondering if this would be a good move.

Is the food good at the Crystal Palace or do you go for the characters? My sons are 4 and 7. My 4 yr old said he wants to eat there and my 7 yr old is cool with it too. But, if we don’t eat with them they won’t mind since they have seen them all before. We live close to Disney so go for day trips often. But since we go often we very rarely eat any sit down meals.

I know the Wave is fairly new but food wise would you go to CP or The Wave?

Thanks for any thoughts :blush:

I love the food at the CP. Both breakfast and dinner I have enjoyed. And the characters just add to it.

Never been to the Wave, so I can’t really comment on it. But we love CP, food and characters both!:wub:

We are more impressed with the breakfast at CP, so I think if I had to choose I would try the Wave. When I was changing some of my ADRs for my upcoming trip, the CM spoke very highly of the Wave.

With a 7 year old, Crystal Palce or chef mickey’s (located near the wave) would be a better choice.

Between the two I would go with Crystal Palace.

The menu at The Wave is not to my liking, so CP it would be! It probably would be CP even if the Wave was my dream menu, anyway, since CP is so special.

While we have not yet been to the wave, We have really enjoyed the food at CP. We have ressie for there coming up & honestly since my DS is has kind of outgrown Pooh, We are only going because of the food, not the characters! So if all aspects of the meal appeal to you, then go for it.

[QUOTE=gelebean;859126]Hi, I am new here so I don’t know how much info is on this so here goes…

Would you rather eat dinner at The Wave or Crystal Palace?

I saw a thread about the Crystal Palace but it was mostly about breakfast.

We were going to try out The Wave even though I have heard mixed reviews. I am up for anything. But, then I was offered a Crystal Palace reservation from a friend who has to cancel. I am wondering if this would be a good move.

Is the food good at the Crystal Palace or do you go for the characters? My sons are 4 and 7. My 4 yr old said he wants to eat there and my 7 yr old is cool with it too. But, if we don’t eat with them they won’t mind since they have seen them all before. We live close to Disney so go for day trips often. But since we go often we very rarely eat any sit down meals.

I know the Wave is fairly new but food wise would you go to CP or The Wave?

Thanks for any thoughts :blush:[/QUOTE]

I would definitely say go for CP. The food is always good. They have so many choices and your kids will love the interaction with Tigger, Pooh, and Piglet. My ds3 loves CP. He always asks on every trip are we going to see Pooh?

CP is a buffet. One of the best in Disney. The Wave is brand new. My choice would be the Wave because I haven’t done it before.

We did both on our trip last month. We had CP for breakfast and The Wave for lunch. We enjoyed both ( my girls are 15 and 11). I think if the girls were younger I would go to CP as the Wave doesn’t have much to keep the entertained.
We really enjoyed the wave for lunch, we all found something on the menu that we liked! And the desserts are to die for!

[QUOTE=missy H;859348]We did both on our trip last month. We had CP for breakfast and The Wave for lunch. We enjoyed both ( my girls are 15 and 11). I think if the girls were younger I would go to CP as the Wave doesn’t have much to keep the entertained.
We really enjoyed the wave for lunch, we all found something on the menu that we liked! And the desserts are to die for![/QUOTE]

This I like to hear because the Contemporary is going to be my next resort most likely. Just waiting for the passholder discounts to come out for October.

I have never been to the Wave (unless its the one on the disney cruise line and that is Radio Waves)- but we absolutely loved CP- I would go with what everyone has a lot of great things to say so that you are not disappointed

Welcome to Mousebuzz!

Although we haven’t tried The Wave, with small children I would definitely go with Crystal Palace. The Wave seems a little more geared to adults.

I’d pretty much agree with everything here, with one exception. If The Wave’s menu were a little deeper, that is offered a few more choices, or more of what I’d like, I would go there for dinner. But, CP will be the more cost effective meal, unless you’re on the deluxe dining plan.
CP is one of our “don’t miss” restaurants for every visit.

Thanks so much for all your help. Crystal Palace it is!

You will love Crystal Palace. We had breakfast there twice for the first seating at 8am and it was fantastic.

I’ve been away too long…The Wave? Where is that restaurant?

The Wave is the new restaurant in the Contemporary. It looks good but we are going with 2 young boys and thought it might be better we take the CP that our friend offered us.

I booked our vaca a little late and had to take what was left dining wise, so was very excited when I could get this other reservation.

I am sorry and embarreseds to say that I am not familiar with The Wave. Where is it?

Welcome MB!!

We have reservations at CP for dinner and Breakfast in November. They have an ice cream bar and the kids do a parade around the restaraunt with pooh and tigger. Its gonna be awesome.