The Wave

I have been wondering if anyone has been to the new resturant at the contemporary called “The Wave” If anyone would like to tell me about the food and the service and atmosphere. Please Post.

Thanks for Your Help!

[QUOTE=VinylmationMan;930544]I have been wondering if anyone has been to the new resturant at the contemporary called “The Wave” If anyone would like to tell me about the food snd the service and atmosphere. Please Post.

Thanks for Your Help![/QUOTE]

One person I know that has been ther is “WishUponAStar”, maybe she will see your thread and respond!

I plan on booking it for our next trip! :happy:

okay ill mention it to her thank you!:mickey:

We went in December. I really can’t say anything positive about it. I wanted to like it, but the food was very bland. I would describe it as very healthy. I do healthy @ home, on vacation I like to eat things I normally would not. We did not eat dessert, none of sounded good.

oh that stinks. Okey Dokey Thanks for your comment it was very helpful!

We went to the Wave in August 2008. I liked the atmosphere and the service was wonderful. We had our 2 kids with us (3 and 2 at the time). I did not feel it was a place to take kids because it was kinda quiet and I was tense the whole time hoping they wouldn’t cause a scene!!

DH ordered: (I tried it and thought it was delicious- seemed like a healthier version of a chicken pot pie)
Braised Chicken Pot Pie - with peas, mushrooms and carrots topped with thyme pastry $19.99

I ordered: (I wasn’t too thrilled with it and I don’t think mine was prepared exactly as it it listed below, but this preparation seems much better. It was just pork- nothing fancy or to get excited about.)
Grilled Pork Tenderloin - with pineapple rice, wilted greens and black been sauce $21.99

We also had some sort of Lobster nachos to start out with and they were prepared cold which I thought was odd. They were just OK.

All in all, I would probably try the Wave again, but without kids!

Healthy?? Who the heck wants healthy on vacation?? :blink:

I checked out the menu over at allears and it really didn’t seem to have anything that would appeal to my boys. It looks like a cool place though.

I ate there in August 2008 and really enjoyed it. I had the Beef Tenderloin which was delicious. Our waiter was really great, clearly an experienced waiter and dealt well with my godson’s dietary restrictions/picky tastes. We had 2 kids with us (14 and 11 at the time) and there were a fair amount of kids there but it was during free dining.

I will say that we had to wait quite a while even with an ADR but this was shortly after they just opened so I think they were still getting a handle on seating there.

We liked it so much that we are going back in March.

I second that one!!!

Thanks For your help your all great!!

VinylmationMan

My thoughts exactly.

Oh my gosh, we LOVED ‘the Wave!!’ We just ate there in October & we’ll DEFINATELY go back. If you go to this page of my October trip report you can see pictures of the restaurant & our entrees.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/47073-wishy-s-boo-you-unexpectedly-extra-magical-tr-23.html

It never stood out to me as “healthy” per say; Daniel had a juicy pork dish w/wild rice & baked carrots. I had a steak with new potatoes & some root vegetable.

This is actually what I said about “The Wave” when I wrote my TR:

“We arrive at the Wave and WOW, double WOW, Wowwy-WOW. IT’S GORGEOUS; the lounge, the dining room, everything. AMAZING. It totally reminded me of a more upscale restaurant in Atlantic City or Vegas. Even though you receive the renowned Disney service there, it didn’t feel “Disney.” It felt VERY modern, sleek, and sexy… yet laid-back & classy. I LOVED IT!! Thankfully the food quality ABSOLUTELY matched the atmosphere, it was delicious. I finally got a steak that was cooked to perfection and Daniel loved his meal. Even though the desserts don’t look like too much they are DELICIOUS. This was our absolute FAVORITE meal of the week, besides Olivia’s, and you can put your money on the fact that we’ll return MANY times.”

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;930833]Oh my gosh, we LOVED ‘the Wave!!’ We just ate there in October & we’ll DEFINATELY go back. If you go to this page of my October trip report you can see pictures of the restaurant & our entrees.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/47073-wishy-s-boo-you-unexpectedly-extra-magical-tr-23.html

It never stood out to me as “healthy” per say; Daniel had a juicy pork dish w/wild rice & baked carrots. I had a steak with new potatoes & some root vegetable.

This is actually what I said about “The Wave” when I wrote my TR:

“We arrive at the Wave and WOW, double WOW, Wowwy-WOW. IT’S GORGEOUS; the lounge, the dining room, everything. AMAZING. It totally reminded me of a more upscale restaurant in Atlantic City or Vegas. Even though you receive the renowned Disney service there, it didn’t feel “Disney.” It felt VERY modern, sleek, and sexy… yet laid-back & classy. I LOVED IT!! Thankfully the food quality ABSOLUTELY matched the atmosphere, it was delicious. I finally got a steak that was cooked to perfection and Daniel loved his meal. Even though the desserts don’t look like too much they are DELICIOUS. This was our absolute FAVORITE meal of the week, besides Olivia’s, and you can put your money on the fact that we’ll return MANY times.”[/QUOTE]

Wow Wish looks like you had a good time. Thanks for showing me those pics and the color changing drink. Nice! You got one of those ice cubes you can get at the Sci-Fi Drive in. The color changing thing reminded me of when my uncle went to get a drink at Port Orleans Riverside and had the Green Aligator and he had the worst heartburn EVER. The drink looked like it was glow in the dark and it was something else… But that was way back when i was like four.

We went on our last trip. I had a steak that was excellent, and the deserts were unbelievable. I had the one with the blueberries. If you’re a beer fan, the Blackwater Dry Porter (they carry Orlando Brewing Co. beers) was outstanding.

Wow! Mixed Reviews!
Although I still want to go after reading Jess’s (wishuponastar) review!!!

I figured I would order one of the 2 beef entrees, nothing else appealed to me.
I hope DD likes it!!!

[QUOTE=Val32;930922]Wow! Mixed Reviews!

I hope DD likes it!!![/QUOTE]

I might tend to agree with everyone who said that it may not be the most thrilling choice for families with children. It was really sleek & totally reminded me of a restaurant at the Borgata or in Vegas or something. I think kids could potentially find it ‘boring’ but I thought it was AWESOME for young adults-adults. Although, Alyssa is pretty sophisticated & not too food fussy. I think she would like it. Young kids, maybe not so much.

Well she totally loved CG!!! :heart: And she will be close to 12 at that point. I have no worries, if she was younger then maybe I wouldn’t bother at all.

NOT too food fussy ??? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

that is an UNDER statement! :laugh:

Hopefully she will grow out of that SOON!

But anyways, I saw the menu and saw what she could order.

[QUOTE=Val32;930922]Wow! Mixed Reviews!

I hope DD likes it!!![/QUOTE]

Your right i love to hear about the different opinions from different people.