The Wave

Anyone have any info on this place. Think we are going to try it out this year? Also have San Angel on the plans any info on this one as well? Thank u

We had it one meal last summer, and it was actually really good. My mother still raves about the pork tenderloin. It was a very pretty, nice place. Certainly not up to California Grills standards, but who would expect it to be?

We rather enjoyed it and would do it again.

We ate there last year and honestly, we didn’t think it lived up to the hype.

I had the pork tenderloin too. It was ok - but nothing I’d dream about ordering again. DH had a steak which he didn’t rave about.

The one thing I DID rave about was the dessert! I had the Creamy Indulgence and that had to be one of the best desserts ever! I’d go back for that - but not anything else. Maybe the menu has changed; but it seemed pretty limited to us. I did like the “contemporary” decor.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1079720] It was a very pretty, nice place. Certainly not up to California Grills standards, but who would expect it to be?

We rather enjoyed it and would do it again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, who would expect it to be, being in the original location of the quick serve burger/arcade in what passes for a “basement” in a building built in the middle of a swamp?

But seriously, this seems to be the favored location for Table in Wonderland special event dinners. That alone should say something.
Just be aware of “Gucci sustainable food” menu offerings.

I have been to The Wave and was not impressed at all. It was maybe, at best, ok. Our food had to be sent back 2 times and they still did not get it right. Maybe it is better now but somewhere I would not go back to. been there and done it and thats all.

We’re giving The Wave a shot in 10 days… From what I understand, the restaurant uses locally grown produce (to cut down on the fuel needed to transport produce worldwide i.e. excess carbon in the atmosphere) and they are using organic produce whenever possible to appeal to a more “health conscious” consumer.

The menu looks good so I hope the food is as well…

Now regarding San Angel, what do you want to know?

The restaurant is awesome. We just ate there again (for the 4th time this year) this past Saturday. The menu changes fairly frequently and everything we have tried has been excellent. So are their “drink” options…

But I will say that I definitely prefer La Hacienda over San Angel Inn… Either way, both are excellent options if you enjoy Mexican fare…

I agree with Pap bear we really like La hacienda. last time we ate at san angel we were not as impressed as we had been previously… bu they may have changed again… .

Papa Bear, when you eat at The Wave, if menus are posted, could you please see if they have a breakfast buffet? I’ve hear several months ago they had one as a trial. Haven’t heard of anything since. Thank you.

San Angel is such a pretty restaurant - but the food is pretty bad. The tenderloin tips I ordered last time had freezer burn - you could taste it - the dish was inedible. I’m not a “sender back”, but I sent those back. I know it’s suppose to be “authentic” Mexican food, not Tex-Mex, but I’ve had “authentic” Mexican food in Mexico and it sure didn’t taste anything like San Angel. I’d go with La Hacienda.

(I notice that the tenderloin tips are off the menu and they have some new selections - maybe it’s improved.)

Pro/Cons: San Angel Inn
Pretty restaurant, nice atmosphere
Love the Chicken Mole!
but…
Iffy service each visit
Scratchy Mexican music–fix it or turn it off!

I thought I posted here yesterday, but I do not see it. Am I in time out?

We disliked the Wave. The service was rude, the food - bland.
Like my grandfather used to say in the old country, “Yuck-ski”

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1079907]I thought I posted here yesterday, but I do not see it. Am I in time out?

We disliked the Wave. The service was rude, the food - bland.
Like my grandfather used to say in the old country, “Yuck-ski”[/QUOTE]

I think you live in time out. Well, on here at least. Too much beer, fountain dancing and tu tu dressing. Yep, you are in time out, still.

define “Too much”

Oh boy!!! I think I am in too deep now. Too much? hmmmmmm… Um, for me, 1 would be too much.

From previous stories you might just be a keg or two behind Boss.

Ahhh but today is a new day, with new goals, and a new keg.

Are you planning on an official announcement as to the time and place of said “Tapping Ceremony”?

I’ll be different, we love The Wave, they will change your side on request (which I always seem to do!) We’ve eaten there 3 or 4 times, have always had good service ( they do not rush you unless you tell them you need to be somewhere) and our meals have always been delish. I can’t speak for the pork as I’m allergic to pork. It is not a disneyish place to eat however and if you have small children they may not like the quiet atmosphere. That said we have always seen lots of small children there. i think of it as a temporary break from the madness:laugh::laugh:

on a side note: wouldn’t it be really cool to get the wave going around World Showcase Lagoon while waiting for illuminations!

Back to your regular programed topic…

[QUOTE=tigger;1080075]on a side note: wouldn’t it be really cool to get the wave going around World Showcase Lagoon while waiting for illuminations!
[/QUOTE]

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:tinytree:

(They don’t have an emoticon for this - astonishment at the concept because it might work.)