The wheels have been put in motion

…and we are going to Disneyland! :happy:

January 2010 it is. Just a quick trip, nothing fancy, but it will be the girls’ first trip and I am really excited. We will be taking it nice and slow and you can bet that I will be wielding a video camera!

Alice will be almost 3 (we’ll be there until the day before her birthday!) and Violet will be 1.

I’m hoping we can squeeze WDW in before 2010 is out, but I’m not counting my chickens. Disneyland is good enough for me…I’m just happy to know I will get a Disney fix in less than 6 months! :heart: Now to go whip up a little countdown…

Oh hurray! Happy Planning!

Congrats! Share lots of pics!

Awesome! Any ideas where you guys might want to stay?

It’s going to be such a fun trip for you. You’ve got to get a picture of Alice when she see’s the castle for the first time. You’re in for a magic time. :wub: Now enjoy all the planning.

Hip Hip Hurray!! I love these short planning time trips.

Yay!!! life is better with a disney countdown, right?? Cant wait to hear about your plans!

Awesome, you will have a great time! January will be a nice time to visit, low crowds. Paradise Bay will be filled up by then and the new Paradise Park for World of Color will be completed as well, too bad you wont be going in March/April so you could see Disney’s World of Color, but this show will be around for a LOONG time, so you will have plenty of time in the future to see it! :smile:

The girls are not-so-good at sleeping in the same room with us, so we are going to get a suite - we decided to go with Desert Inn & Suites because we’ve stayed there several times before and like it well enough. (It also has an indoor pool, which is great since we’ll be there in the winter!) Plus this way we can walk to/from the park easily for pool breaks or naptime. :happy:

Thanks everyone, I couldn’t wait to share the happy news with y’all! :biggrin: I will definitely be taking TONS of pics (and video too!) so I will have lots of magical moments to share in a TR when we get home!

Yay! Happy planning! And I am in love with both of your girls’ names, by the way.

This is a blessing! We always had the opposite problem with ours, of them not wanting to be in their OWN rooms!:blush:

Thank you! :wub:

I’ve heard this from several friends with kids now! I guess we should count ourselves lucky!! Violet sleeps great in our room (actually, I’m the one with separation anxiety when she’s not there :blush:) but Alice has never, ever showed an interest…not even when she was a baby! She has been in her own room since 4 months of age! I am working on putting the girls in the same room now, and they’ve taken to it like flies to honey: zero complaints.

I’m sure I can’t get this lucky a third time, so I’d better enjoy it before we have any more kids! :laugh:

YAY!!! I am SO excited for you guys. I wanna countdown to YOUR trip 'cause I’m so excited to see pictures of those girls for the first time in Disneyland!!!

Yay!!! I love it…I can’t wait to help you plan even though I know nothing about DL!

[QUOTE=dznygrl;978348]…and we are going to Disneyland! :happy:

[/QUOTE]

Congrats … What a way to bring in the New Year !!!

[QUOTE=dznygrl;978348]…and we are going to Disneyland! :happy:

January 2010 it is. Just a quick trip, nothing fancy, but it will be the girls’ first trip and I am really excited. We will be taking it nice and slow and you can bet that I will be wielding a video camera!

Alice will be almost 3 (we’ll be there until the day before her birthday!) and Violet will be 1.

I’m hoping we can squeeze WDW in before 2010 is out, but I’m not counting my chickens. Disneyland is good enough for me…I’m just happy to know I will get a Disney fix in less than 6 months! :heart: Now to go whip up a little countdown…[/QUOTE]

YAY!!! Perfect!!! :heart: I know you have been itching to go! :mickey:

Aw there’s nothing like you guys being excited for me to make me even MORE excited! :laugh: :wub:

I am sure I will be so pumped in the weeks before the trip that I will do a pre-TR. Perhaps even some pics of Alice getting the Birnbaum’s guide to Disneyland that she’s going to get for Christmas? :happy: (She has worn to death the Birnbaum’s Disney Cruise Line book that we have, so she’s due for a new “Mickey book”…what better timing than to give it to her right before we go?)

Yea, you have a countdown again. Have fun planning, you are going to have a wonderful trip sharing DL with your girls.

I am so excited for you. That first trip is so wonderful. Make sure you take tons of pictures to document their faces when they see everything for the first time. Disney is amazing. There is nothing like seeing it through your kids eyes.

YEAA! SO excited for you! I can’t wait to see all those pictures! Enjoy the planning and keep us updated!