The whisper

world of marvel…you didn’t hear it here…

that is the fifth park…ssssshhhhh

(I hear they’re going to purchase Spiderman and The Hulk from Universal.)

They’d darned well better have 3 level 4 (or better) coasters on opening day and concrete plans to add 3 more within 7 years of open.

what bothers me about park 5 is the cost of admission,money has to come from somewhere to pay for new park…I personally would like to see,a ride added to each park but that is me

What’s $1 Billion between friends?
At least they won’t have to pay yearly licensing fees, unless the Marvel deal is that messy.

While I would like to see a 5th park, I think the company’s financial commitments lie elsewhere (far east). In some ways, I think Florida is what it is for the next decade. Just my opinion, I have no inside info! :laugh:

Disney could add a 5th gate but would need to compete directly in the thrill ride department. I dont think it would be another kingdom with parades and such. I think it would be more like typhoon lagoon model. A mini themed park, focusing on thrill attractions.Admission might be more in line with the water parks.

A park like this with some late night midway lights type of attractions could lure some of the people away from city walk and make WDW more appealing to the 16-24 yo crowd.

There may be different admissions as well to accommodate non riders.

[QUOTE=bribren;1057700]Disney could add a 5th gate but would need to compete directly in the thrill ride department. I dont think it would be another kingdom with parades and such. I think it would be more like typhoon lagoon model. A mini themed park, focusing on thrill attractions.Admission might be more in line with the water parks.

A park like this with some late night midway lights type of attractions could lure some of the people away from city walk and make WDW more appealing to the 16-24 yo crowd.

There may be different admissions as well to accommodate non riders.[/QUOTE]

I disagree on price.
In order for it to compete with IOA and Busch Gardens, it’s going to have to have 5 world class coasters on opening day (per my Disney’s Coaster Kingdom scenario) and each of those coasters is going to have cost at least $25-35 million each. Add to that some sorts of simulator type attractions that rival Spiderman and Harry Potter’s Flight. This is going to be a full priced park offering pay one price ticketing.
If you follow out a two tier pricing scheme, you’re going to have CMs checking all day and night for wristbands or tickets. Not exactly a good thing.

Sounds too corporate for me…Cant believe that Disney would do something like this!:mickey:

my opinion is like yours,but right now this particular management team seems to be slightly out of touch with the times,but to me their big gamble is looking into the future,and predicting the state of the economy…the world situation right now is slightly precarious…but they think they have to answer the universal crowd,they don’t have enough to appeal to the 16-26 age group…some of that would have been solved if they took the option on harry potter ,but that is water under the dam now,they gave up on narnia,pirates is their big franchise …I am sure the imagineers could conjure up something ,it will be interesting to see what happens

I vote for a ride added to each park also…

or rather than a new park how about an expansion at DHS I think this park is a little to small and in need of some excitement (other than tower of terror and toy story mania).

[QUOTE=jimbo;1057817]I vote for a ride added to each park also…

or rather than a new park how about an expansion at DHS I think this park is a little to small and in need of some excitement (other than tower of terror and toy story mania).[/QUOTE]

I would agree that if you want to expand a park, DHS would be my choice.