Themed dining suggestions?

One of my favorite parts about Disneyworld is the theme dining. Please don’t confuse this with character dining. I’m 25,and I’m a big kid, but I’m not too keen on the character dining. I like taking pictures with them out in the parks, but not so much when I’m sitting down,relaxing over a good dinner. I really enjoy the sci-fi dine in theatre,and the garden grill cafe. I know the garden grill isn’t really a themed restaurant,but it spins as you eat…that’s just too cool. I’ve been wanting to try 50’s prime time, so that is definitly on my reservation list this time around. If anyone else out there had any really good experiences at some other restaurants,please tell me all about it. Thanks !

50’s Prime Time is a must. I think one of the most enjoyable of all the restaurants I have tried. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Some of our favorites are Ohana & Hoop dee doo :wub:

Well, I personally think that Boma is a great ‘atmosphere/theme’ restaurant. Many of the CMs who work in the restaurant often do authentic African songs & even dances near the entrance podium. The food is great & the service has always been friendly.

Another good bet is O’hana. The meats are served ‘Rodezio style’ which is where they bring them to you on a screwer straight from the cooking pit. All of the servers wear Polynesian themed shirts & you can get some really cool tropical drinks; my personal favorite is the Lapu Lapu which is served in a cored pineapple.

If you were interested in entertainment during your meal try ‘Hoop Dee Doo’ at Fort Wilderness, if ever there was a theme experience this is it! It’s a REALLY awesome pioneer style variety show; lots of singin’, skits, & antics. The meal is pretty basic; fried chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, corn bread, and their infamous cobbler for dinner. It’s a REALLY fun experience & a great show.

My favorite “themed” restaurants are Ohana, Boma, Whispering Canyon Cafe and 50’s Prime Time. Sci Fi is neat as well but the food was just OK.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;909129]Sci Fi is neat as well but the food was just OK.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the exact same thing. It was fun to try, but it’s not on our “must return” list.

50s Prime Time is a fave of mine! Good choice there!! :happy:

Any interest in places at Downtown Disney? Rainforest Cafe or the new T-Rex restaurant?

I completely agree with Boma, O’Hana and Hoop Dee Doo. My top three for sure! I also really enjoy the entire Japanese pavillion in EPCOT as well as San Angel Inn in Mexico, though both get mixed reviews.

Where is Boma ? Ive never heard of it before ? What kind of food is it, where is it, and what theme is it ? Ive been to Ohana, I totally forgot about it,but it was really good too. I have never been so full in my entire life, than I was after eating there.

[QUOTE=Isaiah2k6;909266]Where is Boma ? Ive never heard of it before ? What kind of food is it, where is it, and what theme is it ? Ive been to Ohana, I totally forgot about it,but it was really good too. I have never been so full in my entire life, than I was after eating there.[/QUOTE]

Boma is in the Animal Kingdom Lodge resort. It’s African themed. The food is on a huge buffet and it’s excellent. It’s hard to describe but there really is something for everyone.
Here is the menu:
Boma - Dinner Buffet - Animal Kingdom Lodge

I forgot…Beirgarten is also excellent. It’s the German Buffet in Epcot. We love going there.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;909267]Boma is in the Animal Kingdom Lodge resort. It’s African themed. The food is on a huge buffet and it’s excellent. It’s hard to describe but there really is something for everyone.
Here is the menu:
Boma - Dinner Buffet - Animal Kingdom Lodge[/QUOTE]

Boma is amazing. You just have to be daring. Just put it in your mouth even if you have no idea what it is!

hmmm…Boma seems…Interesting. Im sure it all tastes better than it sounds. Ill have to go take a look at it first before I curl my nose.