They're closing the park early for a Media Event on the Expansion?

What we know about the Disneyworld Fantasyland Expansion | Chip and Company

It looks like they are changing the plans quite a bit! I wonder what that will do to their timetable?

Curious to hear about this after the Media Event!

I’m interested to see what is going to happen!

WOW just the little bit mentioned in that article has me wishing for 2012 to get here quicker

I like “The Great Goofini” concept for Barnstormer.
I also noted this comment:
“In attempts to compete with Universal Studios’ Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Disney decided to scrap the details of the Fantasyland expansion last year and move forward with something less feminine and more magical”.

Sounds like somebody has finally gotten the message that all this “fairies and princesses” stuff is leaving about half of the guests with nothing and there have been lots of complaints about that.
That and they’ve now gotten a look at Harry Potter World and found that not that much has really been added there with the exception of a single major thrill ride and environment.

“Sleeping Beauty Coaster”? Well, we shall see what that’s all about, and I pray it isn’t another kiddie coaster.

OMG this is so cool - hope they give lots of info soon.
I saw on youtube the cars area at Disneyland and that looks fantastic, I wonder if they will add something like that…

I do hope some areas will be open by fall this year thats when we are back in the world…
and plan to be there again in 2012.

I’m so exited I cant wait I just cant wait…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1063028]

“Sleeping Beauty Coaster”? Well, we shall see what that’s all about, and I pray it isn’t another kiddie coaster.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t see the “Sleeping Beauty Coaster”. Where was that mentioned?:confused: I only saw the Goofy Coaster and the Mine Train mentioned.

This is so neat!:happy: But do you think they will keep Snow White’s Scary Adventures and all those rides?:confused:

Oh yes, do you think they will get rid of Mickey and Minnie’s houses?:ohmy::confused::frown: Or do you think they will relocate them? They’ve always been one of my favorites!:blush::happy:

From what I’ve read, Snow White’s Scary Adventures is not going to be there anymore. :crying:

i thought the whole pricess idea was cute, but wondered what my little boys would be doing? This seems like a better idea. I am concerned with Micky and Minnie’s houses. We love to walk through them. I hope they are able to relocate them

My DD8’s favorite is visiting Mickey and Minnie’s house. . .still. Not a visit unless we can walk through there.

Haha! Thank you! I looked it up and found out that they are changing it to a Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. It’s supposed to be like a roller coaster. :laugh: I am excited, but I’ll miss the original Snow White ride!:crying:

Now they need to come up with an official drink for Fantisyland…

Universal just sold the MILLIONTH mug of butterbeer! Cha-ching!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1063099]Now they need to come up with an official drink for Fantisyland…

Universal just sold the MILLIONTH mug of butterbeer! Cha-ching![/QUOTE]

You should write that in to Disney! How fun would that be!

Sleeping Beauty Coaster is the mine train. Or it was described that way it the companion article to the one you posted.
Of course Barnstormer is already there.

“Here’s what we know: Snow White‘s Scary Adventure will be scrapped and turned into a Princes meet and greet. I know, you’re thrilled. But don’t fear, you Snow White aficionados. She’ll get her own roller coaster called The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which will feature vehicles to go back and forth and all the characters you love from the movie. I am dying here! Of course, the Little Mermaid dark ride will open as planned and Toontown will still get it’s circus makeover (ho hum).”

Disney Confidential: Fantasyland Expansion – Say Good-bye to Snow White! | Chip and Company

This is so exciting! I love reading updates about the expansion!

Wow, lots of changes! I, too, thought that the original was a bit to heavy on the Princess side. Sad about Snow White though. I hope the new ride makes me forget all about the original. Guess we can get our fix at DLR! :slight_smile:

We spoke to a Cm when we were there in December, and he had the impression that this whole area would open in phases. Sort of a soft opening before the major unveiling…

Maybe??? :redface:

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;1063181]We spoke to a Cm when we were there in December, and he had the impression that this whole area would open in phases. Sort of a soft opening before the major unveiling…

Maybe??? :redface:[/QUOTE]

Oh, I hope he is right! Is there a definite date when they think they will be finished completely? I know it says 2013, but I am wondering when in 2013. Are they hoping to have it open in time for the Spring Break crowd?

I wonder if the new coaster will be anything like Crush’s Coaster over at Walt Disney Studios Paris.