Thievery at the rental car place

OK – Just got back from WDW on Friday, and I got a call from the car rental place on Sunday that I had dropped a leather folder in the car and that they had found it when cleaning the car out after our rental. People, that folder is always in my purse, which is in my carryon. The chances of that thing flying out of the bag and landing somewhere in the car are remote, to say the least.

The asked for a credit card to pay for the shipping costs to send it back to me. I gave the credit card info, even though I stressed out about whether it was a scam or not.

Well, the pouch arrived today, and it was missing my kids’ AmEx gift cards. :mad:

I have no idea how all this happened, what went down, or who the lowlife is who would take gift cards out before turning the folder in. I mean, if you are the kind of lowlife who would steal gift cards anyway, wouldn’t you just toss the folder? C’mon grow a brain, loser.

:nonono2::nonono2::nonono2::nonono2::nonono2:

Oh I am so sorry, sometimes I just don’t understand people at all.

That is so sad. I wonder if it was the person who cleaned out the car. I hope it wasnt too much money.
Sorry to hear this happened. I would call the rental car co.

Well I must say that is totally unreal. What is wrong with people. I hope he/she chokes on whatever it is they are buying with the gift card.
So, if this leather thing is always with you, did you know it was missing before the phone call? I am not clear on that, darrrlink

[QUOTE=Dopey;979372]
So, if this leather thing is always with you, did you know it was missing before the phone call? I am not clear on that, darrrlink[/QUOTE]

I keep the important stuff and the things we use every day (passports, credit cards, cash and passes) in my backpack. Maps, itineraries, receipts, etc. are kept in the leather folio. The folio stays in my travel bag unless I need something from inside it.
I had no reason to even look for it so soon after I got home, and I expected it to be in my carryon as usual.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;979374]I keep the important stuff and the things we use every day (passports, credit cards, cash and passes) in my backpack. Maps, itineraries, receipts, etc. are kept in the leather folio. The folio stays in my travel bag unless I need something from inside it.
I had no reason to even look for it so soon after I got home, and I expected it to be in my carryon as usual.[/QUOTE]

ok, got it.

That stinks. Is there anything amex an do about it?

Sorry to hear that, Like others on here I would hope the scum bag(s) can’t use them!!! I hate when you see a sign posted saying “Not responsible for lost items” at a business where they would hold either your vehicle or personal belongings knowing d@mn good and well it’s a crime.

Ditto!

Like I said before, if you (whoever you are out there!) are going to steal the contents of my folio, then just throw the whole **** thing out, for crying out loud.

I hope the thieving loser is reading this, wherever he/she is out there… Hey loser, how does it feel to spend somebody else’s money? Gift cards that were paid for by many hours of hard work… and gift cards that belonged to children?

[QUOTE=MissDisney;979387]Ditto!

Like I said before, if you (whoever you are out there!) are going to steal the contents of my folio, then just throw the whole **** thing out, for crying out loud.
[/QUOTE]

LOL… I was so mad at this person, whoever he/she is, that I didn’t even notice I had a semi-curse word in there! But I kind of like the way it looks, all starred up like that. Makes me look pretty tough, eh? :laugh:

nothing worse than a thief…

Oh no, that really stinks :sad: & how weird that it’s a mystery how someone could have gotten a hold of it. :glare: They’ll get theirs! Thieves! :glare:

How sad. It just kills me that the world is this way. I hope they feel good buying what it is that was so important they had to steal to get it.

Yeah. And if there is any truth to the whole kharma/dharma thing, then that thief will come back in their next life as a cigarette butt, or something like that… :ph34r::laugh:

People are disgusting. I hope they use those gift cards to buy themselves some plastic surgery and it goes terribly awry - so they have to remember their actions every time they look in the mirror. :mad:

Few things make you feel as angry as having someone steal from you. I’m sorry this happened to you.

Potty Mouth …:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You have to use trickery to get your word on here !!! D@mmit :eek:

I know exactly how you feel. I am so sorry this happened to you. Last Christmas, DD had money in one of her bags that we stored at AKL until our room was ready. When we got our bags, all of her cash was gone from her bag. We told the supervisor at the bell services desk, and all we got was Sorry. I was furious that it happened. I know that DD should not have left money in her bag, but still…

So sorry this happened. I believe what goes around comes around, so they will get theirs.

Pooh - I’m very surprised to hear about the missing $$$ from your DD’s bag. This is shocking to me!

Even better, we can put our own four letter word in it’s place. And it won’t start with a D either. :glare: So sorry the situation didn’t turn out better for you. Just a thought though. If someone took the gift cards, keep an eye out on your cc. Could be the same person.