Thinking about a Disney Cruise in 2015

My DH and I just realized that our 20th anniversary is a little over a year away and we were throwing out ideas and started looking into taking a cruise. Neither of us have been before, so we are complete Newbies. I have a few questions.

1. Is there a good time to go? We were looking at the Bahamian 4-day cruise on the Disney Dream.

2. Do they ever offer specials like they do for the parks and resorts? Do they have value seasons like they do for the parks?

3. We aren’t super adventurous and are looking more for a relaxing trip where we can just enjoy each other’s company. Do you have to go off the ship? (Other than Castaway Cay, I don’t really see us wanting to venture out too much).

4. Do they handle food allergies? I eat Gluten Free.

5. What is the best guide book to get?

That is all I can think of so far. Thanks for any help!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1140580]My DH and I just realized that our 20th anniversary is a little over a year away and we were throwing out ideas and started looking into taking a cruise. Neither of us have been before, so we are complete Newbies. I have a few questions.

1. Is there a good time to go? We were looking at the Bahamian 4-day cruise on the Disney Dream.

2. Do they ever offer specials like they do for the parks and resorts? Do they have value seasons like they do for the parks?

3. We aren’t super adventurous and are looking more for a relaxing trip where we can just enjoy each other’s company. Do you have to go off the ship? (Other than Castaway Cay, I don’t really see us wanting to venture out too much).

4. Do they handle food allergies? I eat Gluten Free.

5. What is the best guide book to get?

That is all I can think of so far. Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

1. When kids are in school. There will be kids on any cruise ship but there are a lot more people (inlcuding little ones) when school is out. Less people on the ship is more enjoyable.

2. Specials are rarely offered. Lower seasons are just like the parks. There really isn’t a low season.

3. Many people don’t get off the ship in Nassau. I didn’t last time. My group stayed on the ship in the morning while most people got off an enjoyed the ship/pools/spa etc. In the afternoon they got off an hit the shops just to do it. I would look into excursions if you take a different cruise. (Nassau just doesn’t cut it for me in case you didn’t pick up on my lack of enthusium. :laugh:) But there are lots of fun things to do in other ports from mild to wild. For newbies stick to ship sponsored.

4. Just let them know when you book and let your waitstaff know.

5. Passporter.

Other tips:
Have fun!
Book a balcony cabin - order coffee from room service and get up and watch the sunrise in your PJs.
If you have time, consider a 5 or 7 day eastern or western. Days at sea are some of the best times.

Thanks for the response! I’m looking forward to planning this one as it will be a completely new experience for us!