Thinking about dropping an ADR; but for what?

Well, after looking over our ADRs for some reason I am still REALLY bummed that we won’t be doing a character meal at all this trip. Sometimes those are some of the best photos o& it’s always nice to hang out with the characters. We did make a Liberty Tree Tavern ADR in hopes that the characters will return by June but after hearing from a reliable source it does not sound likely they will return that soon.

So, of all our ADRs the only one I am willing to drop is Hollywood & Vine.

If I drop it which of the character meals in the poll should I replace it with? I know I didn’t list all possible character meals but these are the ones I would be interested in. I haven’t been to Garden Grill in AGES, we haven’t been to Chef Mickey’s since 2004, and last time we went to Crystal Palace I wasn’t 100% impressed with the food & we felt rushed out. Sooo, what would you do?

(Well, I had voted for Chef Mickey’s but I don’t see a poll at all now and I got an error message when I tried to post my original reply…here it is anyway…)

I voted Chef Mickey’s. I also have not been impressed with Crystal Palace for quite some time. That was DH’s only request for this trip…no Crystal Palace. Ha!

I haven’t been to Garden Grill but looking at the menu, it doesn’t appeal to me. But, I have to say, I’d enjoy seeing Chip and Dale since they’re not seen quite as often.

… Sorry, Tink 24, I know you replied but I had to delete that thread & do another one 'cause apparantly there was something wrong with the poll. :huh: Sorry, didn’t mean for your reply to dissapear.

This is SOOOO strange! :huh: Am I the only one seeing a poll? :laugh:

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;949421](Well, I had voted for Chef Mickey’s but I don’t see a poll at all now and I got an error message when I tried to post my original reply…here it is anyway…)

I voted Chef Mickey’s. I also have not been impressed with Crystal Palace for quite some time. That was DH’s only request for this trip…no Crystal Palace. Ha!

I haven’t been to Garden Grill but looking at the menu, it doesn’t appeal to me. But, I have to say, I’d enjoy seeing Chip and Dale since they’re not seen quite as often.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to admit that my attraction to Garden Grill is solely to take pictures with the characters in cute overalls and such! :laugh: The menu doesn’t look bad to me but I wonder how the food & service is nowadays?

Garden Grill…we have ressies there for June b/c DH likes it and we had the BEST character interaction there. The food isn’t anything spectacular, but it is good and the rotating restaurant is different. I also noticed it was much quieter in the restaurant compared to some of the other character meals we’ve been to.

OMG…I thought I was going nuts for a minute:laugh: I thout what about 1900 PARK FARE IF NOT I VOTE garden Grill because I need a great review before I try it

Sorry about the caps. I dropped my phone today and the buttons are sticking :laugh:

I see it now. I think I must’ve caught the thread in between posting of the polls.

I do love 1900 Park Fare but we just did it last year & I am not sure I want the Cinderella cast & crew again so soon. :laugh:

Ahhh, I hadn’t thought about that. “Quieter” does score some big points 'cause I can’t stand the insanity of some character meals.

hehe, you were caught in some weird time/space invisible continuum or something. :laugh: [along with my poll somewhere]

We LOVE Chef Mickeys it’s totally fun but can get really loud when the music starts, the kids stand on their chairs and wave their napkins and the characters start to dance…it is a LOAD of fun though. I also like Garden Grill, the character interaction we had in 2007 was some of the best and we like the food.

ummmm, I voted for keeping Hollywood & Vine.
Wish, I thought that there weren’t characters at Garden Grill any longer. I could be mistaken

I’m usually really happy with Crystal Palace, especially as a dinner choice over Chef Mickey’s. CP is also usually much easier to get reservations for.
I think it really is going to come down to your mood at the exact moment you’re going to have to hop out of the Studios and head for either MK, Contempo, or Epcot and you’ll most likely be saying “I wish we hadn’t cancelled those reservations for H&V”.

Garden Grill didn’t float my boat when we ate there.

I voted for Crystal Palace but I meant to vote for Garden Grill so don’t count that one! :laugh: I just think GG looks neat and it always smells so good!

I wish that they still had the ice-cream social at the Garden Grill! We did that in 2004 and loved it. The character interaction was fantastic, and it was a lot less expensive than a full meal. Of course, you can never go wrong with ice-cream!!!

Now, to your question… We’ve really enjoyed Crystal Palace, so that gets my vote.

We really like Garden Grill and do it every trip. Of course, my boys are Chip & Dale fanatics, so it’s kind of a requirement with them. They watch the same movies over & over & over…:wacko:, and they still laugh the whole time! Anyway, we all liked the food there. They say that the veggies are grown down below in The Land, so they’re very fresh! It’s neat that the restaurant is moving, and as was already said, because there are only a couple of rows of tables around the circle, it is quite a bit quieter than other character meals. When the characters get to your table, they are able to give you their full attention. They also each came to our table multiple times because they keep walking around the circle! I think you really need to decide if you’re going to want to leave the Studios to go and eat somewhere else.

Word all over is LTT characters are returning by Easter or thereabouts.

Correcting myself (not unusual). Due to the really big surge in WDW restaurant patronage this spring, LTT probably won’t get its characters back until September!:crying:

In Sept. 2008 the food at H&V was really good so I would just keep that ADR

I voted Garden Grill . . . BUT, it’s been impossible to get a ressie there lately so good luck! :flowers:

My DDs LOVE GG . . . I think cuz it rotates around . . . they are at the point with the characters, they wave and keep eating! :laugh::laugh:

The food is good . . . if you like Sunshine Seasons you’ll like GG, pretty much the same food.

PS. I think H&V is good too . . . we’ve had dinner there twice in the last year and enjoyed it both times . . . breakfast is good too, but those are Playhouse Disney characters. :laugh: