Thinking of trying Restaurant Marrakesh

and we’d like some reviews from people we trust:happy:

Thanks so much for any input!

The Belly Dancer is smokin’ hot.

I don’t know if you trust me or not but I have to say it is one of my favorite (if not favorite) restaurants in Worlds Showcase.

I have eaten there about 3 times and have never been disappointed with the food. The ambiance is very well done as well.

I would highly recommend the lamb shank. The flavors are not really familiar to most Americans that never venture past the chain food establishments. Moroccan food is similar to Greek and Mediterranean (not exactly but similar). The lamb at Marrakech is very tasty and if you don’t like lamb it will change your opinion…in my opinion :slight_smile:

If you don’t like lamb there are a number of beef and chicken dishes…but if you are going get the lamb. You will not be disappointed.

Of all the restaurants at WS I think Morocco is probably the most adventurous (not many people have access to a moroccan restaurant in their town). Do it and enjoy the experience, you will be rewarded by it.

Oh and they have a belly dancer…forgot that :mellow: :wink:

[QUOTE=tigger;1080018]I don’t know if you trust me or not but I have to say it is one of my favorite (if not favorite) restaurants in Worlds Showcase.

I have eaten there about 3 times and have never been disappointed with the food. The ambiance is very well done as well.

I would highly recommend the lamb shank. The flavors are not really familiar to most Americans that never venture past the chain food establishments. Moroccan food is similar to Greek and Mediterranean (not exactly but similar). The lamb at Marrakech is very tasty and if you don’t like lamb it will change your opinion…in my opinion :slight_smile:

If you don’t like lamb there are a number of beef and chicken dishes…but if you are going get the lamb. You will not be disappointed.

Of all the restaurants at WS I think Morocco is probably the most adventurous (not many people have access to a moroccan restaurant in their town). Do it and enjoy the experience, you will be rewarded by it.[/QUOTE]

Ditto!!! We were pleasantly surprised our 1st visit to Marrakesh and have been back several times! You’ve gotta try it! :smile:

Had our first visit last week. I had the lamb w/ couscous - it was quite good. My dd7 had the pasta and wasn’t fond of it but loved the belly dancer and the decor.

Great option for a change in more of the same old - same old that is taking over throughout the World. We highly recommend it.

Wife had to drag me there for dinner, now I can’t wait to go each year. A very pleasant surprise all together!

I agree with Tigger. The lamb served there has to be one of the best dishes I have ever had. The food is not too spicy as one might imagine it’s going to be its just purely delicious. I am sure you would not be disappointed- a lovely atmosphere too.

I have been there 2 times and both times it was good. For me not fantastic but after our germany dinner last trip, it was soooo much better. It is one of those little places that people don’t know about and when they do it is a hit. It is not a must do but definetly worth a try.

I’m telling you, the girl had more moves than a slinky!

I’m telling you I didn’t notice…the lamb is that good!

Boss, you got the chicken didn’t you…

I am highly suspicious of someone sneaking some lamb in on me.:glare: It hasn’t happened yet, but I am highly vigilant.:ph34r:

Other than that - we had one meal there that was absolutely amazing! I had a salmon dish that was yum.

Then next time - ummm - not so good. I had the chicken shish kebob and it was sort of dry. My dd loves the couscous, but the kid’s a vegetarian, so what can I say.

But the mint tea is always perfect. The servers are alluringly, smokingly, mysteriously handsome and the baklava is delish!

And I envy the belly dancer’s stomach muscles.

Well that’s good enough for me! :pirate:

In all the trips we have never tried it as we were not sure the kids would like it ( two vegetarians, one a vegan. ) Next trip is going to be just DW, DGS, and me.

I introduced my wife to mid-eastern food just recently and she was amazed by it. Alas the local place has no belly dancers…

-Harry

[QUOTE=tigger;1080052]I’m telling you I didn’t notice…the lamb is that good!

Boss, you got the chicken didn’t you…[/QUOTE]

Mrs. Boss was there - you bet I was chicken.

[QUOTE=llama;1080057]I am highly suspicious of someone sneaking some lamb in on me.:glare: It hasn’t happened yet, but I am highly vigilant.:ph34r:

[/QUOTE]

Oh llama…lamb is a staple food in most of the world. Believe me it is much better then goat or some other meats I have had.

Just to be on the record here I have had lamb in Canada as well as Italy and it was amazing in both places but my lamb at the Marrakesh was better.

(I had a taster course at a restaurant in Phily this past Christmas and one of the meats was rabbit (another was quail)…oh my goodness I had forgotten rabbit was. This was a 4 star mexican place so it wasn’t the normal french prep…very different. I think the guy that owns it is an Iron Chef. Any be adventurous people! You will be rewarded.)

Hey Boss, I bet you could make some slinky moves in your tu tu. I am thinking it would be more of the worm on the floor from excessive beer consumtion. Any way , you could clink some mad finger thimbles to the beat of your own drum. The fountain music would be delightful.

:laugh:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Depends on how much he has been drinking…

Um, we are talking about Boss? right?? Lots of slinky moves going on for sure. We just have to watch that he does not slink to close to the fountain.