Thinking of what to plan for dining for March trip

Greetings all,

A lil less than 3 months til we go to WDW to celebrate my big 4-Whoa bday and I am not sure what I want to do dining wise. I am not into the high end restaurants but I do like some of the sit down places like Rose & Crown, etc.

I am thinking of doing one sit down per day, mainly for lunch since that will be easier on the wallet than dinner.

Any ideas?

I guess it depends on who all is going. Kids? Interests?

I can definitely create you a comprehensive list of must do’s and must don’ts. Give us some info, we will be glad to help!

Via Napoli is great and very reasonable. We also really enjoyed lunch at Le Cellier a couple of years ago - don’t know what it’s like now. The Plaza in the MK is a nice change. Sit down, but very casual. We also enjoyed Paradiso 37 at Downtown Disney.

Cj, unfortunately what was supposed to be like 6-8 people is now looking like just DW and I. I like to think we have eaten at a good share of the moderate sit down restaurants on site, esp at EPCOT and MK. DAK and DHS not so much as we have usually just done half days at those respective parks and done CS when we did get hungry there. As for other dining interests, my main thing is to be easy on the wallet since we will be there for the better part of a week.

Llama, Via Napoli sounds like a good idea for when we hit EPCOT. Never eaten there and I know DW loves Italian food. I may actually make that a dinner ressie since I always love to eat at Rose & Crown when we are there

[QUOTE=KingOMiami;1061429]Cj, unfortunately what was supposed to be like 6-8 people is now looking like just DW and I. I like to think we have eaten at a good share of the moderate sit down restaurants on site, esp at EPCOT and MK. DAK and DHS not so much as we have usually just done half days at those respective parks and done CS when we did get hungry there. As for other dining interests, my main thing is to be easy on the wallet since we will be there for the better part of a week.

Llama, Via Napoli sounds like a good idea for when we hit EPCOT. Never eaten there and I know DW loves Italian food. I may actually make that a dinner ressie since I always love to eat at Rose & Crown when we are there[/QUOTE]

If you have not done 50’s Prime Time consider it. It is a fun place to eat at HS. We always leave with a smile from the CM’s. The food is basic ‘mommas stick to your ribs fare’, but the atmosphere alone on your Bday would be worth it.

We loved 50’s primetime cafe as a family. It was hysterical to watch the interaction of the cm’s and guests. My dad knocked the pepper shaker off the table and it broke all over the floor. The waiter brought the broom and dustpan to him, leaned it against the table, and said, “I didn’t make this mess, you clean it up”. Well, our whole section was cracking up. The guy behind my dad could not keep his elbows off the table while waiting for his food. The waiter kept telling him, until finally… He got the ketchup bottle out, poured a line across where his plate would be, and told him not to cross it. We were all crying by this point, and laughing at each other. The whole family thought it was funny… You do have to be in the mood though…

We all vote for 50s Primetime too. It is one of our very favorites when we are in WDW!

Wish I could join you for the Big 4-0!!! For easy on the wallet sit down, I would agree with 50’s Prime Time. We did it in December and it was great as usual. Other places I would suggest are Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch only unless you want Thanksgiving dinner) or outside the park, Whispering Canyon Cafe. We did WCC in December and it was just as great as we remembered from several years ago.

Whatever you choose, you can ask the kitchen to puree everything up for you. They understand there are special problems with “aging” guests. :laugh: Everthing starts falling out…teeth, hair, etc!

Has that cute DW wised up and dumped you for a younger guy yet? :whistling

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1061466]Whatever you choose, you can ask the kitchen to puree everything up for you. They understand there are special problems with “aging” guests. :laugh: Everthing starts falling out…teeth, hair, etc!

Has that cute DW wised up and dumped you for a younger guy yet? :whistling[/QUOTE]

Holy cow. You went there.:ohmy:
Not feelin’ any love for the “King” from ya Richard.:laugh:

All I can say is YUM!!! You will love it!! It’s a bit pricey if you are NOT on the dining plan and like to have a few drinks, but SO WORTH IT!! Best Pizza in ALL of Florida!! They import the water and dough from Italy (so we were told)!

When are you going to be there? I’m thinking of a “last time before my passes expire and I don’t renew!” trip! :laugh: March 17-21

Over time, DD and I have strayed away from the table services. We really just prefer a counter service so we can eat when we want to rather on a schedule. However, we always do the following tables regardless with some other tables making guest appearances from time to time…

Always do:
Crystal palace for breakfast and ohanna for dinner. These are the only two remaining “must dos” for us.

Sometimes, but used to ALWAYS do:
Momma Melrose, Boma, Rain forest at AKL and Whispering Canyon.

Randomly do:
Chef mickeys (I HATE it, but DD likes it), 1900 park fare (another hate for me)

New ones we tried randomly last trip and want to go back:
Yak and Yeti - it was really good and Trex

Favortie counters that feel like a sit down:
Wolfgang puck express and Sunshine seasons.

We have eaten at Marrakesh the last two times and are looking forward to our upcoming ressies there. The Shish Kebabs are to die for! I think the same menu is offered at lunch and it looks to be about $10 cheaper!!!

I’m going to go with Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier, and Via Napoli- let us know what you decide.

What ever you decide don’t forget you can go to allearsnet.com and check menus for prices, etc. We tried Via Napoli in November and while it was very good it is a bit pricey for pizza. We were on the dining plan but if out of pocket it can add up. The pizza is DELICIOUS though! We like Sci Fi at DHS. Not for the food as much as the atmosphere.

I guess we thought Via Napoli was reasonable because 3 of us shared the large pizza for $28.00. They said it would serve 2-3, but we took two pieces home with us it was so large. We just had a bottle of sparkling water with it, so it was about $10. a piece for lunch. I guess if you have big eaters it can get pricey.

We loved 50’s, Crystal Palace (Dinner) and Ohana’s (Breakfast and Dinner)!!!

We went for lunch and they only had individual pizzas. So we had 3 and two kids meals. We also had 2 apps we all shared and two drinks a piece. With tip it was around $215 for a party of 6. Which isn’t so bad I guess.

They have a walk up counter service for slices now too - can’t wait to try that next time we go. :happy:

Well I made “A” reservation for the trip so far. First day we are there we are going to hit Epcot so I booked Rose & Crown for dinner that night. It is my favorite Epcot restaurant so at least I will be able to be at one of my favorite places.

I still can’t decide what to do for the rest of the trip…DOH!!!

I added another reservation for 3/23, lunch at Olivia’s at OKW. My folks are coming up that day to stay with us the rest of the trip for my bday and I know they will be tired from driving all morning so I thought it would be easy for them to have a meal at the resort and then they can go back to rest.

I am thinking of adding on Whispering Canyon Cafe as well for dinner one night. I have been there for breakfast and loved it so I am hoping that the fodo at dinner is just as good.