This year is the summer of parents!

After years of family WDW trips our kids want to go but go off on there own. I always knew this day was coming. :crying:

So DW and my self will be in WDW for the first time ever with our kids going off on there own. This means we are now booking the Keys to the Kingdom tour and may even try a spa.:laugh:

I plan on turning this into a good thing.:rolleyes:

Oh I remember that trip! I was good as long as both boys were together at all times. One day, dh and I left early for rope drop at MK. Got a call from youngest ds saying older brother only wants to hang out by the pool, and he wants to do parks. We told him to hop on a MK bus and we would meet him at the front gates of MK. Longest 30 minutes of my life, knowing he was on his own. Silly me. When he was walking up to us, it was like “what’s the big deal, I could have found you wherever you were in the park.” I knew at that point that he knew Disney so well, that I wouldn’t have to worry.

Enjoy! You are at a new stage of life now!

i remember that trip also… my three DD went off on their own… i called them every half hour lol that was when dh and i found out we could enjoy Disney on our own. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just think of all the wonderful NEW without kids things you can do! I know a part of you is sad…I love that you are turning this into a positive.

Our last trip we did almost everything together, with the exceptions of a few attractions they wanted to do and we went off on our own.

This trip they are talking about doing things on their own. We have the Wild Africa Trek booked for DH and I and the kids have a late lunch planned together with out us. We will see what happens. We’ll see how it goes. It is so much fun with the kids, but then again, it is fun when it is just the two of us.

You will enjoy it!

I feel your pain. This year will be interesting

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1080349]Oh I remember that trip! I was good as long as both boys were together at all times. One day, dh and I left early for rope drop at MK. Got a call from youngest ds saying older brother only wants to hang out by the pool, and he wants to do parks. We told him to hop on a MK bus and we would meet him at the front gates of MK. Longest 30 minutes of my life, knowing he was on his own. Silly me. When he was walking up to us, it was like “what’s the big deal, I could have found you wherever you were in the park.” I knew at that point that he knew Disney so well, that I wouldn’t have to worry.

Enjoy! You are at a new stage of life now![/QUOTE]

We plan on enjoying it. It will be a whole new experiance.

I agree!!!:pirate:

I am thinking after a couple of hours together they will be fighting and back with us.:nuke:

[QUOTE=hiner;1080364]Our last trip we did almost everything together, with the exceptions of a few attractions they wanted to do and we went off on our own.

This trip they are talking about doing things on their own. We have the Wild Africa Trek booked for DH and I and the kids have a late lunch planned together with out us. We will see what happens. We’ll see how it goes. It is so much fun with the kids, but then again, it is fun when it is just the two of us.

You will enjoy it![/QUOTE]

Enjoy yourselves, Disney can be a lot of fun without kids.DW and I have been doing Disney for the last 10 years without kids and have had a blast with it being just us.

Those days are so far off for my DH and myself…and though I am looking forward to that time I am a little worried about it too. I know my sister and I had some great times off by ourselves and I think my parents enjoyed staying at the trailer for a little longer.:huh:I do not know why though.

Forget to give them their meal allowance. Trust me… They will find you. :laugh:

We are now solo travelers most of the time since the gang is 28, 25 and 22. One usually finds a way to attach themselves for a few days, but Pam and I have found it really relaxing to spend time at WDW w/o the kids. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy their time in the World with us. And there are times we pass an attraction or walk through a certain area and a great memory of the younger days pops into my head. Pam and I have even found ourselves asking each other “do you remember when?” and we realize we both had the same thought.
They grow up. I went kicking and screaming, but they survived without Dad hovering. And they were always safe in the World. It’s a great place for them to feel older while you know you are near by ‘just in case’.

THIS! That seems to be the only time I get a text from one of my kids that they want to meet up! :laugh:

I’m used to this now…especially since we visit the parks regularly. The youngest 3 still at home are 13, 14 and 16 and can navigate the World better than I can. I love heading over to TTC and telling them to go do what they want while DB and I go do what we want. For the most part they stay together. DS 13 LOVES Innoventions, so when they head to Epcot, that’s where he’ll stay while the girls are touring the world.

Its great that I can give my teens freedom and feel comfortable that they are safe. My oldest DD (18) is visiting this week and the 4 of them will hopping all over WDW when I have to work at DHS.