Those embarrassing Disney secrets

OK, I admit it. I don’t like Stitch. No, make that Lilo AND Stitch. At all. Not one tiny bit. When I see them on pins, posters, cookies, clothing – I have an inner roll-eyes moment. :angry::blush:

There, I said it. I am hoping others have secrets they’d like to share as a sign of solidarity. Come on, people – spill the beans! :laugh:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1121148]OK, I admit it. I don’t like Stitch. No, make that Lilo AND Stitch. At all. Not one tiny bit. When I see them on pins, posters, cookies, clothing – I have an inner roll-eyes moment. :angry::blush:

There, I said it. I am hoping others have secrets they’d like to share as a sign of solidarity. Come on, people – spill the beans! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I don’t get those characters or the Monsters ones…give me the classic characters and I’m happy…of course that opens up the debate about who is Classic…:smile:

Well, it’s no secret I think the venerated Dole Whip is gross.

I didn’t enjoy the Lilo & Stitch movie much at all.

Let’s see, a secret? I think the prince that the Beast turns into is HOT. :redface:

Nope, not a huge Monsters, Inc. fan, either!

[QUOTE=Andrea;1121153]Well, it’s no secret I think the venerated Dole Whip is gross.

I didn’t enjoy the Lilo & Stitch movie much at all.

Let’s see, a secret? I think the prince that the Beast turns into is HOT. :redface:[/QUOTE]

I think you are the first person I’ve heard say they didn’t like the Dole Whip! Just curious…do you not like soft serve custards or ice cream at all? Or is it the taste of the pineapple…

Too me Dole Whip is just soft serve custard…made from pineapple juice…whatever it’s made from…it’s a must in our book!

But then…I don’t like a lot of stuff that others do at Disney so…

I also can’t deal with the Teacups. I’d never admit it to the kids, and I will always be grateful to DH for sucking it up and getting on the darn things with the kids every trip. Made me queasy just watching them.

I always ask…“Who or what is Phineas and Ferb?”

Normally, I can take most Disney characters, but I hated wall-e. oh, and I slept through Cars 2 at the theater ( had a 4 month old baby at the time) .
I have never ridden stitch.
Oh, and I had a daughter that was brought up when the princesses were starting to be marketed together, and therefore got more popular… I can see where they can become stale. Hopefully I am wrong about this, and we will see with the new opening of Fantasyland.

I don’t like chip n dale!

[QUOTE=smallworld;1121158]I think you are the first person I’ve heard say they didn’t like the Dole Whip! Just curious…do you not like soft serve custards or ice cream at all? Or is it the taste of the pineapple…

Too me Dole Whip is just soft serve custard…made from pineapple juice…whatever it’s made from…it’s a must in our book!

But then…I don’t like a lot of stuff that others do at Disney so…[/QUOTE]

I love pineapple, and I love soft serve, and custard, and ice cream, as my thighs will attest. :laugh:

First, to be fair, I had a Dole Whip float.

The pineapple juice wasn’t cold, and tasted faintly of can.

The whip itself tasted like pineapple with Cool-whip, and Cool-whip tastes like chemicals to me. I’m not usually picky about processed food, but that just gets me. So I just say NO to Dole Whip, but YES to all the other cold, delicious, surely chemical-laden treats at Disney. :happy:

Sorry Dixie, when everyone is running for Mickey and Minnie I’m looking for the trouble making twins. They are the only characters I’ve had a pic taken with in many a year.

I remember a few years back it was Pam and me sitting in the hub watching all of the crazies run for the exits. From behind I’m attacked by 2 fuzzy beings. I find out quickly it’s C&D just passing by with their handler. At 2:00 AM none the less with not a soul around. Pam has a pick somewhere of them messing my hair and just causing some late night trouble. It was a blast.

No Stitch. No Monsters inc either, matter of fact I really don’t care for most of Pixar. Too fake and computer generated, not real looking enough for me to feel the love.

DD17’s least fav is Cinderella. When she was 7 and taking pictures at a meet & greet Cindy was leaning over, which caused much of her dress to be on the ground. DD17 stepped back to make room in the photo and accidentally stepped on the edge of her dress. Cindy (in DD’s mind) yelled at here to get off. She didn’t actually yell at her but her tone was still nothing magical, which left DD scared from that day on and will never go back to see her again.

Turkey Legs are GROSS

There I said it, and I feel better already

-H

Here is my shocking list - some hidden secrets and some not so much.

Here’s what I do not like about WDW:

1. Dole whips - disgusting
  2. Turkey Legs - had one and EWW
  3. Small World
  4. Shows - that includes: Lion King and Nemo at the AK - VERY not interested
  5. HS is my favorite parks and I only do four things over and over again…:laugh:
  6. I think the Grand Floridian is gaudy - used to be my dream place until I went inside.
  7. Daisy Duck annoys me
  8. Not a Space Mountain fan will do it for the sake of others, but really don’t care for it…it’s kinda stupid.
  9. Pretty much only do the world showcase, soarin and living seas at Epcot - could not be bothered with the rest
  10. I am now perfectly content with a non park day.
  11. I only do night time shows every other trip…
  12. I could spend my entire vacation looking through the shops and almost be ok with it.

The magic for me is the service, the atmosphere, music and over all Disney…the rest I can give or take if I must…well, except for a handfull of attractions that I must do…lol

Who are you and what have you done with our Dana! ! ! ! ! ! !

My Disney secret is that I actually hate Disney…it sucks up way to much of my time and money :mickey:

Exactly. Call the Mickey Police and have an APB put out.

1. Have always wanted to try a turkey leg but I always talk myself out of it when I see people actually eating them -not a good look on anyone.
  2. Could spend the entire vacation in Magic Kingdom & Epcot-wouldn’t be bothered in the least if I never went to AK or HS again.
  3. Tells everyone that DH is the Disney fanatic, after all he’s the one who initiates every trip, but secretly I think I love it more than him (especially the planning!) sshhhhhhh

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: It’s nice…honest! You can relax a touch. Relax to me is work and do emails,so not sure if it’s relaxing for all. I always take at least a half day off in the middle and do the World showcase at night, but I was content without doing a park at all. :laugh: I did do Downtown Disney however, so it may not count as a totally non park day.

I forgot about SW and those scary little dolls! :laugh: