Thoughts on Big River Grille and Brewing Works

Since China is not popular, how is Big River Grille and Brewing Works??? Any better than China??? We are having trouble at this point getting reservations for anything else because we are so close to leaving on our trip?? Does anybody no any other resturant besides Big River that you do not need any reservations???:mickey::goofybounce:

I love BRGBW! The meat loaf is really good and I love to sit outside on the board walk. It such a great getaway away from the crowds!:happy:

Thanks for your thoughts. We may switch, still not sure.

My wife and I have made 52 trips to WDW and gave up making reservations a few years ago. We found that we don’t have to wait very much longer to be seated than we did with reservations, so far.
subvetss

We like the BRGBC too, it’s nice that my daughter can play out on the boardwalk when we are waiting for out table.
The foods pretty good too.
My husband gets this sample “platter” of beers that they make, not too bad!
The entertainment on the boardwalk after dinner is really,really fun too.

Love it!!!

The meatloaf is outstanding. The menu is large enough that everyone can have what they like. My dh always likes a sandwich for dinner and I like a meal - you can have either here. Everything we’ve tried is tasty - very “comfort food”. The garlic mashed potatoes!! Yum!

A tip* Eat outside if possible. The chairs inside make so much noise scraping against the floor, that it gives you a headache! Besides eating on the Boardwalk is more fun.

We plan on dining here during our trip Free Dining trip in a few weeks. I tried to make a reservation, but couldn’t. We are looking forward to it, though!

I just ate there on Friday night and thought it was great. The service was wonderful and we ate at 9pm with 3 toddlers so you can only imagine!! If there is still a mess on the floor when you go, it wasn’t us!! :laugh:

I do have to say we walked up at 730pm and did not get seated until about 9pm.

Do it. Good food, light atmosphere and as Tinker 2222 noted if you have a beer fan in your group they will enjoy the sampling. And afterwards enjoy dessert on the Boardwalk.

I really like Big River Grille.

We have eaten there and liked it. The beer is excellent especially if you like to try something new. The food is good and it is a nice casual atmosphere. I say make the change!

I ate there last Christmas and really liked the food. Plus, the atmosphere of the Boardwalk is great!

[QUOTE=llama;984706]
A tip* Eat outside if possible. The chairs inside make so much noise scraping against the floor, that it gives you a headache! Besides eating on the Boardwalk is more fun.[/QUOTE]

It’s 92 bloody degrees with 95% humidity!!!
You could try calling Big River directly for reservations. I seem to recall that
you can’t make reservations through WDW DINE, but that you can make them directly.
You might also do well with Captain’s Grille at the Yacht. They’re a less popular location, mostly because they compete with Cape May and Yachtsman’s Steakhouse.
Not sure how crowded it is, but you might be able to squeak into Biergarten.
Also, don’t forget that you can make reservations at any park’s Guest Services desk.

“It’s 92 bloody degrees with 95% humidity!!!” - Soundgod

I hear you. I think the same thing when I consider the picnic package at Animal Kingdom.:ohmy:

D and I LOVED Big River Grill; excellent ribs & mashed potatoes! We didn’t have to wait long & he really enjoyed tasting all the beers they make. I’d go there again in a heartbeat!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;984788]It’s 92 bloody degrees with 95% humidity!!!
.[/QUOTE]

Well, true… But those metal chairs scraping on the floor are just :pinch:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;984788]It’s 92 bloody degrees with 95% humidity!!!
You could try calling Big River directly for reservations. I seem to recall that
you can’t make reservations through WDW DINE, but that you can make them directly.
You might also do well with Captain’s Grille at the Yacht. They’re a less popular location, mostly because they compete with Cape May and Yachtsman’s Steakhouse.
Not sure how crowded it is, but you might be able to squeak into Biergarten.
Also, don’t forget that you can make reservations at any park’s Guest Services desk.[/QUOTE]

No reservations whatsoever. I tried that last weekend earlier in the day for dinner that evening and it still was a big fat no!!

[QUOTE=skwak;984818]“It’s 92 bloody degrees with 95% humidity!!!” - Soundgod

I hear you. I think the same thing when I consider the picnic package at Animal Kingdom.:ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Or Flame Tree with its non-air conditioned dining area!

So what did you do? Did you walk up and if so, how long before you were seated?

Edit: Sorry I just read your earlier post. 90 minute wait with 3 kids?
That couldn’t have been fun!

Oooo… Thank you for that info. I think BRG is my new hero now.

Agreed the 90 min wait does suck, but so does waiting that long and someone walking up at the 85 min mark and cruising in right past you too.:eek: