Thoughts on CBR?

So we have just booked a trip using the buy 4,3 free deal. We were planning on going anyway, but probably would’ve stayed at a value w/o this deal. Plus the talk of a Pirate room nearly made my 4 year olds head explode. Any thoughts, positive or negative about this resort…Thanks

We’ve stayed there twice and truly enjoyed it both times. The rooms were nicely done but have since been redone since we were there last. The atmosphere on the property was very tranquil and really made us feel like we were in a tropical place. I understand that the main pool has been renovated with a pirates theme. I think you’ll really enjoy it. I hope you have a great time!

I don’t know about the new theme in the rooms but the resort is very nice. It’s huge so expect to do some walking to get around but we enjoyed our stays there. Jamaica is out favorite are, the location is close to everything.

Go check out Val’s TR, she just posted pics of the new pool . . . looks AWESOME!

OK, first, your kids are right to want to stay here, especially with that new pool rehab, which looks amazing.

Second, we have stayed there and LOVED every minute of it. No problem with buses, no problem with resort size, and we loved the view from our room, which was in the Jamaica section. We watched fireworks from the parking lot on those evenings when we were at the resort early.

Are you planning on renting one of those huge bicycle things to take around the lake? If so, better work on that cross-training now… it’s a lot farther than it looks, take it from us! We even tried the old “Oh, gee, we can’t make it all the way around because we have to return the bike soon!” thing, which the kids were totally onto and they didn’t let us get away with it. :pinch: Oh well, we tried our best! :laugh:

Fine thing for them to do, since they happily climbed aboard and let their little legs just dangle while the two out-of-shape parents were trudging along, gasping for breath and wiping sweat from our eyes. The redder my face got, the louder they tooted that little horn. :blink::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We’ve stayed there twice and will be going back again in June. It is our FAVORITE resort so far. We just love the tropical feel. Jamaicca and Aruba are our favorite areas.

This is my fave resort! It has more of a deluxe feel to it. You’ll love it!

This is my families favorite moderate resort. Your kids will love the pool area.

I love this resort my favorite so far!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;903266]Are you planning on renting one of those huge bicycle things to take around the lake? If so, better work on that cross-training now… it’s a lot farther than it looks, take it from us! We even tried the old “Oh, gee, we can’t make it all the way around because we have to return the bike soon!” thing, which the kids were totally onto and they didn’t let us get away with it. :pinch: Oh well, we tried our best! :laugh:

Fine thing for them to do, since they happily climbed aboard and let their little legs just dangle while the two out-of-shape parents were trudging along, gasping for breath and wiping sweat from our eyes. The redder my face got, the louder they tooted that little horn. :blink::laugh::laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

This made my day! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

We have never stayed at the Caribbean. It is very pretty, just not the theme we look for. I understand the new Nemo rooms are great (I’ve seen pictures and they look cute). I will say we have eaten at the food court twice and did not care for it. But if your kids are into Nemo or the Pirates (once the Pirate rooms are open) it sounds like they’d enjoy.

We loved the food court and all the service, we have never had a bad experience here. NOw, far as Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter in concerned I will never stay here again! It was absoutley AWFUL!

We have stayed there twice but it was before any referbs and loved it and would stay there again in a second. We really like Jamaica and Aruba

We have stayed at CBR three times and loved it. It was before the new theme, so not sure about the decor. The resort is large, but you already are doing a ton of walking, what’s a little more.

We love the tropical feel of the hotel and we enjoyed the food court as well. Its all the SAME food everywhere anyhow.

It is our favorite moderate. Have a great time!

We stayed at CBR in August, and they have the most comfortable beds EVER! We didn’t have too many complaints, other than the lack of obvious Disney theming.

We also love this resort. Next time we go this is where we’ll be staying.