Thoughts on Narcossees

DH and myself are heading to Disney in September to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We are the very laid back type, not really getting into all the culinary offerings Disney has to offer. But, for our 25th anniversary, thought maybe going to our first signature restaurant, EVER! We just sat down and looked at some menus, and it looks like Narcossees would be our number one pick. Can everyone please provide some input on it. Will DH be comfortable going there? He’s very informal, and laid back. I don’t want something too fancy that he wouldn’t enjoy.

Thanks!

Disney family and I love Narcossess! We eat there everytime we go to WDW. We’re a pretty informal family, and have never gotten dressed up to go there. We usually just leave MK and head on over there for dinner and then back to MK. The service and food have always been good when we’ve been there. We celebrated my DH 60th bithday there with his 2 grandchildren, (one was 1 and the other was 5). It’s a great restaurant, and IMHO you made a great choice. Enjoy and congrat’s on your anniversary.

We have been a handful of times and thought the food was great. Great place to see the fireworks while dining if you time it right.

Your dh sounds like mine. Narcoosee’s would suit your perfectly, I think. It’s pretty laid back. Not at all “stuffy”. Beautiful view, too. We ate there in October and it was our best meal of the trip. There aren’t many restaurants that my dh is enthusiastic about, but he said he’d go back to Narcoosee’s.

Great choice fpr a top meal with a laid back atmosphere. We try to hit Narc’s each trip. I have worn everything from nice shorts and a polo shirt, to slacks and a sport coat for dinner before a special night out with Pam. Khacki’s and a shirt seems to beare the norm for most who go there.

If you can plan for an ADR that covers the time Wishes takes place you can go out on the porch and watch from there. The staff is used to holding courses if they know you are going to be on the deck for it.o

Don’t think, just go.
We’ve celebrated several anniversaries at Narcoossee’s.
Clean cargo shorts, a collared golf shirt, and running shoes are just fine though I’ve seen suits and cocktail dresses as well.

love it my dh loves this place … it our place for our anniversary… we eat there every year. make sure they know it is you anniversary… we got menus with our names on it with the date and free champagne. we like to dress up but i have seen people casual… surf and turf is amazing along with the crab cakes… so yummy. this will be the first trip we dont go as our dd is going with us… :frown:

I will tell you, this is one of our favorite restaurants. On our 10 year anniversary trip we had the worst experience, the toilets by the door backed up INTO the restaurant and ruined the smell of the first 50 feet into the restaurant. Guess what? We STILL go back, they fixed it that night, gave my wife amazing free drinks to make her feel better, and gave us another great meal from this restaurant. We love Narcoosee’s, I think you will too.

Like SG said, nice golf shorts, polo shirt, and loafers and you are in style and ready for one of our favorite meals.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1098764] On our 10 year anniversary trip we had the worst experience, the toilets by the door backed up INTO the restaurant and ruined the smell of the first 50 feet into the restaurant. Guess what? We STILL go back, they fixed it that night, gave my wife amazing free drinks to make her feel better, and gave us another great meal from this restaurant. We love Narcoosee’s, I think you will too.
[/QUOTE]

Nobody can plan for a toilet disaster, these things are purely accidental and nearly unheard of in high traffic areas like restaurant lobbies.
Everyone kind of has to just roll with it and keep their fingers crossed that maintenance can deal with it quickly and without too much more disruption.

We go here every trip! I have seen people dressed up, but we are always very laid back…shorts and t-shirts kind of people. My DH will usually wear a nicer shirt (polo rather than a regular t-shirt), but that’s about it. Our DD’s are 6 and 3 and have gone there since they were infants, and we’ve never had a problem. Definetly try it!!! and, if you can get a time during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, you will love it.

Agree with SG. No one can control an accident. The thing that separates a great restaurant from a decent one is how they handle it. I have seen restaurants in a predicament that handle them poorly and basically run you off, then I see Narcoosee’s that is apologetic, nice, and just so accommodating to make up for it. It is the “Disney Magic”.

It was their attitude toward the accident that won me. We didn’t blame them at all, but we appreciated the fact they made it work for their customers.