Thoughts on Wilderness Lodge Villas?

Last year, 8 of my family (including my wife and myself) stayed together in a 2-bedroom Boardwalk Villa. It was a beautiful place, but too far out from the Magic Kingdom for us. We’re now discussing staying in the Wilderness Lodge Villas in Sept 2008. Has anyone stayed there, and if so, what are your thoughts on it? Most of us have already stayed in the Wilderness Lodge itself, but now we’d try the Villas.

We stayed there in December the last two years and loved it. Nothing like a Lodge in the Winter. Even though it is Florida.
On both visits we stayed in 1 bedroom villas and it was very comfy.
We loved to take the boat to MK and the bus service was very timely.
You mentioned that you stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before so all of the amenities are the same. You just get a better room to enjoy.

I believe WishUponAStar and her husband just returned from WLV and they loved it.

We had a short stay there a couple of years ago in November - it was absolutely gorgeous! I can’t wait to stay there again. I know people love the boat to the MK - but I’m not one of them. We have the worst luck with that boat! Last time we waited almost a half hour, gave up and took the boat to the Contemporary and walked. It’s my only gripe about the place.

We stayed there in January. It is beautiful and conveint to the MK. Just be sure to take note of when the boats stop running in the evening.

WLV is absolutely fantastic. by far my favorite VC resort.

I’ve stayed in the villas twice and it’s my favorite place to stay in WDW. The boats are very convenient because not only can you go directly to MK, but you have the option of getting off at the Contemporary and taking the monorail.
I’ve found the CMs at WL are the nicest anywhere!

My thoughts exactly! Love the VWL…:wub:

WLV’s were awesome just a great place and the kids will enjoy it.

We are DVC members and our “home resort” is WL villas. It is a great place to stay!! The vibe is the same as the WL just noticeably “quieter”. Keep in mind BUS service from WL/villas has been changed to TTC and not directly to MK. Your other option is the boat.

man, the bus no longer goes direct to MK?? That is horrible!! The boat from WL is usually full up and can’t fit anyone else… and is infested with little moquito-like bugs that fortunately don’t bite… and the boat doesn’t run late, does it???

man, the bus no longer goes direct to MK?? That is horrible!! The boat from WL is usually full up and can’t fit anyone else… and is infested with little moquito-like bugs that fortunately don’t bite… and the boat doesn’t run late, does it???

Last year it ran until an hour after Magic Kingdom closed. It could of all changed now though!!

THe villas at wilderness lodge are beautiful. You cannot go far wrong.

I love the Villas!!!

DM

Just curious: why don’t you stay in one of the monorail resorts? It sounds like MK proximity is a priority for you.

It’s our home resort:laugh: