Three resorts, 14 MagicBands, 16 days, and 133 Fastpasses

I don’t think I can do a detailed trip report like I usually try to do but maybe I’ll do an overview of our trip. It was just too long to remember all the details.

We planned our usual ten day trip at Beach Club Villas then DVC offered discounted premium APs and I started thinking…what if Nate and I extended our trip and left early. I started joking that Nate had an eye appointment 20 minutes from the airport-it would be silly to drive all that way and not fly out that day. Mike thought it was a good idea and encouraged us to book the extra days. We were going cheap, Pop Century and all counter service. I was good with that and so was Nate. I saved like crazy so I could pay for our extra days ($100 a day for food/spending money and the nights at Pop) and basically did, along with our APs and airfare so I really didn’t feel guilty.

Then about a month before Nate’s eye appointment we got a letter from the hospital telling us they had to rescheduled his appointment. Ha ha, the extra days started because of his appointment and now it’s rescheduled. All that meant was less stress trying to get from his 9:30 appointment to our 1:50 flight. Mike dropped us off at the airport and we had our bags checked and were through security in a matter of minutes. Nate’s boarding pass said he was TSA pre checked so he went to a different line with no one ahead of him and I was directed to a line with only a few other people and got pre-screened and didn’t have to take my shoes off or present my 3 oz bottles of liquids. It took 5 minutes to get through security and then we had a couple of hours to wait. I love people watching and had a great family to watch who kept me entertained and helped pass the time.

We decided Nate needed lunch. I can’t eat before we fly so I had a glass of water and Nate had chips and salsa and a burger and fries. Flying doesn’t affect his appetite a bit. Our flight was a bit bumpy so I used my special powers and kept the plane in the air while Nate and the teen on the other side of me played video games and listened to iPods.

We landed on time and safely and were on our ME bus as quickly as possible. We weren’t the first stop/resort but we also weren’t the last stop so I guess I can’t ask for much more than that. Check in was quick and easy and we found our room, dropped our bags and hopped a bus to MK to get our vacation started.

After this I’m sure things are going to start to get blurry and run together but at least the first day is clear.

The first thing I needed to do once we got to Magic Kingdom was eat. It was almost 8:00 (pm) and I hadn’t had anything to eat all day. I was okay but wouldn’t be for much longer. Next year I need to book am earlier flight so I dont have to eat my first meal so late. Nate wanted to get his sorcerer of the magic kingdom cards first thing. I was only starving but sure thing, get the cards. Things have changed since last summer and in order to get new cards you have to show progress in the game so back out we went to open the game at the correct portal then back for cards.

We went to Cosmic Ray’s since our first Fastpass was for Buzz. My grilled chicken sandwich wasn’t all that good but it didn’t matter, I ate the whole thing. Nate got nuggets and fries and they were fine. I kind of wish I had gotten nuggets but I was too hungry to really care. After that our first Fastpass was open for Buzz.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1919093394]I don’t think I can do a detailed trip report like I usually try to do but maybe I’ll do an overview of our trip. It was just too long to remember all the details.

We planned our usual ten day trip at Beach Club Villas then DVC offered discounted premium APs and I started thinking…what if Nate and I extended our trip and left early. I started joking that Nate had an eye appointment 20 minutes from the airport-it would be silly to drive all that way and not fly out that day. Mike thought it was a good idea and encouraged us to book the extra days. We were going cheap, Pop Century and all counter service. I was good with that and so was Nate. I saved like crazy so I could pay for our extra days ($100 a day for food/spending money and the nights at Pop) and basically did, along with our APs and airfare so I really didn’t feel guilty.

Then about a month before Nate’s eye appointment we got a letter from the hospital telling us they had to rescheduled his appointment. Ha ha, the extra days started because of his appointment and now it’s rescheduled. All that meant was less stress trying to get from his 9:30 appointment to our 1:50 flight. Mike dropped us off at the airport and we had our bags checked and were through security in a matter of minutes. Nate’s boarding pass said he was TSA pre checked so he went to a different line with no one ahead of him and I was directed to a line with only a few other people and got pre-screened and didn’t have to take my shoes off or present my 3 oz bottles of liquids. It took 5 minutes to get through security and then we had a couple of hours to wait. I love people watching and had a great family to watch who kept me entertained and helped pass the time.

We decided Nate needed lunch. I can’t eat before we fly so I had a glass of water and Nate had chips and salsa and a burger and fries. Flying doesn’t affect his appetite a bit. Our flight was a bit bumpy so I used my special powers and kept the plane in the air while Nate and the teen on the other side of me played video games and listened to iPods.

We landed on time and safely and were on our ME bus as quickly as possible. We weren’t the first stop/resort but we also weren’t the last stop so I guess I can’t ask for much more than that. Check in was quick and easy and we found our room, dropped our bags and hopped a bus to MK to get our vacation started.

After this I’m sure things are going to start to get blurry and run together but at least the first day is clear.[/QUOTE]

…sounds great so far…

ooh! a trip! Thanks for giving us the details- I am reliving it with you-I am picturing it step by step…

Nate actually picked Carousel of Progress as our first ride. We ended up doing CoP, Buzz, Laugh Floor, Big Thunder Mountain two times, It’s a Small World, and Seven Dwarfs that night. We had booked Fastpasses for Buzz, Big Thunder, and Seven Dwarfs, the rest we did standby. The lines weren’t too bad and the park was open until either midnight or 1 am so we ended up with a pretty full evening even though we didn’t get to the park until well after 7, closer to 8:00.

We walked the 5 miles to the new Pop bus stop and took one of the new extra long buses back. Those buses are huge! I noticed more CMs at the bus stop directing guests at MK at park closing. Any time a bus was about to pull up a CM in an orange vest was right there making sure people did the right thing. Downtown Disney was the same, lots of CMs directing guests and one CM with a microphone helping guests. I’ve never seen so much organization at Downtown Disney. It was really nice and much needed with only one bus stop there.

Love a good trip report. :happy:

Only 5 miles? I thought that’s what it was before the new bus row was added.

Only 5 miles? I thought that’s what it was before the new bus row was added.

YEA!!! I need a TR, I’m having severe Disney blues. 84 days and counting.

Thanks for posting a TR. You have no idea how much this was needed!!! First off I’m so impressed with holding out for food so long and then staying out so late on a travel day. I’m okay eating prior to flying but if I don’t have my Dramamine in me it can get nasty! I’m thinking this Nate and Mom early departure may be the beginning of a new tradition!

I’m just not a good flyer. I don’t get sick I just don’t enjoy it and can’t eat before we leave. I just need to remember to book an earlier flight next year. I think you’re right about maybe starting a new tradition, we’re already talking about leaving early next year. I’m not sure it will actually happen but we’re thinking about it.

I remember seeing the construction at the MK bus stop area last year thinking that last row was a long way away and now we’ve lived it–and it is a long walk.

Hopefully I’ll be able to finish it this year.

I’m not looking forward to the new bus stops at the MK—it was a bit of a hike from the gate to the last far bus stop for POFQ as it was… How do they allocate the buses? I read somewhere that they will rotate where the stops are so that the farthest buses aren’t always farthest away?

I’m sorry you have that issue with flying…You are brave to put up with it so you can go…

I have severe motion sickness…I have to take Dramamine every single flight. I am ok on the rides because they are short—and don’t bounce my head around…but I definitely could never do the teacups without taking dramamine. It’s a wonder drug for me—I forgot to take it one trip to WDW and my daughter had to help me off the plane…

The flight attendant told me I was actually GREEN after landing with my first flight ever. Been taking Dramanine ever since. Definitely a wonder drug!!!

DT, I’m not a good flyer either. I giggle when you state your super powers help keep the plane in the air, because I’m the same way!!! Isn’t it amazing how Disney can get us on a plane?

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1919093426]The flight attendant told me I was actually GREEN after landing with my first flight ever. Been taking Dramanine ever since. Definitely a wonder drug!!!

DT, I’m not a good flyer either. I giggle when you state your super powers help keep the plane in the air, because I’m the same way!!! Isn’t it amazing how Disney can get us on a plane?[/QUOTE]

If anything can—it’s definitely the power of Disney!!! :laugh: :mickey:

Here’s Nate saying hi to his dad while he was having lunch at the airport. I have to say it was so nice being able to share our trip with Mike through pictures and texts before he got to join us.

You know…I think back on trips 20 years ago when my DH couldn’t go with my DD, and my parents…and it would have been nice to be able to send pictures and texts to him at work. Shoot…I used to call from the payphone in the MK near Peter Pan at a certain time of day…

…looks like a good start to a fun trip!

and we’re off…