Throwing food caution to the wind- recommendations?

With only about 15 days until DW and I head out to AKL for our 25th I started looking at the food thread over on DisBoards(?). WOW! That being said, can get some suggestions from everyone?

We have ressies for the following.

Boma/Dinner on the day of our arrival. What’s good on the buffet?
Crystal Palace/Dinner Whats good on the buffet?
Sci-Fi/Dinner
Coral Reef/Lunch (eaten there before the menu may have changed)
LeChefs/Dinner

I have been to Sci-fi for both lunch and dinner. This is a love/hate place for me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the atmosphere here! It is so much fun BUT…the food is not good. Stick with a burger and shake and you will have a great time. The shakes are awesome!

Coral Reef still gets mixed reviews but I think the food is good but don’t go hungry…the portions are small.

Enjoy!

Lisa

Walt Disney World Dining Menus Information

These are the menus.

Boma seems to change what is on the bufet quite often. It is one of our favorite’s and there is something for everything. I am more adventurous and my DH is strickly meat and potatoes and he loves it. The peanut rice is my fave, but sometimes they don’t have it. :sad:

I used to love CP, but they past 2 times it didn’t agree with me.:blow: I did love the salmon and the mushroom pasta, though.

I agree with Lisa about Sci-Fi. The food was terrible when we went years ago and we never returned. Hopefully, it has improved.

We’ve gone over the menus and just thought we’d pick the MB’ers brains for something we might not usually try. I too am a meat n’ potatoes kind of guy but I don’t mind trying other things. In fact, Disney is the only place I eat asparagus, broccoli, squash etc… Go figure.

We like the CR. We’ve never been disappointed there. Sci-Fi? Yeah we keep reading about the food. But the shakes look yummy.

If it is just 2 of you, and if you want something REALLY special, consider Bistro de Paris. It is located above Le Chefs de France. You will not be disapointed.

Really love the carrot/ginger soup at Boma. Also like their couscous salad.

But really… for Boma? Try ANYTHING that looks remotely interesting! Because what’s the worst that can happen? You don’t like it, leave it on your plate, and go back for something else. That’s the beauty of the buffet. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1046981]Really love the carrot/ginger soup at Boma. Also like their couscous salad.

But really… for Boma? Try ANYTHING that looks remotely interesting! Because what’s the worst that can happen? You don’t like it, leave it on your plate, and go back for something else. That’s the beauty of the buffet. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!

…I love the watermelon rind salad!!

[QUOTE=alicefan;1046984]Exactly!!!
…I love the watermelon rind salad!![/QUOTE]

Shoot. I can’t multi-quote.:confused:

These two posts are funny. That’s exactly what my DW is looking at. :laugh:

The Bistro. Not yet able to get a time that we’re happy with. Could always try a walk-in.

The reuben sandwich was good at Sci-Fi…the italian grilled chicken was just ok. The hamburgers looked good.

I just booked it for our 30th Anniversary dinner on your recommendation - hope DH and I enjoy it as much as you.

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1046970]I have been to Sci-fi for both lunch and dinner. This is a love/hate place for me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the atmosphere here! It is so much fun BUT…the food is not good. Stick with a burger and shake and you will have a great time. The shakes are awesome!

Coral Reef still gets mixed reviews but I think the food is good but don’t go hungry…the portions are small.

Enjoy!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

i second that about the sci-fi!

i haven’t been there for awhile now but i felt soooo american! haha about 15 forks and 17 spoons.

It is an absolute must do for us each trip. This past March we took our freinds who traveled w/ us. They had done V&A at GF a few years back and said it was just as good.
Allow 90 minutes if you do one of their dinners w/ wine pairings. You can do it in 60 minutes if you ask them to keep everything moving along quickly. And if your ressie will overlap Illuminations let them kow you will wait for a window table. DW joked that the fireworks were for our anniversary one trip one year.

We enjoy the Bobotie at Boma. :biggrin:

Boma, pretty much try everything that looks good. must try the zebra domes before leaving though.
Sci-Fi is love it/hate it. Our first time there was the best, the second wasn’t so great but watching the old horror movies is pretty fun.
Coral Reef, we’ve only tried it once. i can’t remember the food because i was sick went we ate there…so i didn’t eat much.

Who doesn’t?

Somewhat forgotten. If you’re looking for a good meal at HS, try the Brown Derby. The Cobb Salad alone is worth going for!!

I completely agree! The chicken pepper pot soup is really good too!

At CP, there’s some sort of southwest chicken salad that I liked and the garlic mashed potatos were good as well.

My thoughts are Yak and Yeti’s (nice decor and food presentation with great flavor), Narcoossee’s (got some romance for the wife and see the parade from your table or the dock), And Jiko’s (very upscale Boma).

[QUOTE=Andrea;1046981]Really love the carrot/ginger soup at Boma. Also like their couscous salad.

But really… for Boma? Try ANYTHING that looks remotely interesting! Because what’s the worst that can happen? You don’t like it, leave it on your plate, and go back for something else. That’s the beauty of the buffet. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=alicefan;1046984]Exactly!!!

…I love the watermelon rind salad!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=disney1;1046985]Shoot. I can’t multi-quote.:confused:

These two posts are funny. That’s exactly what my DW is looking at. :laugh:

The Bistro. Not yet able to get a time that we’re happy with. Could always try a walk-in.[/QUOTE]

In order to do a multi quote, you have to do a cut and paste job with each of the posts you want to quote.

Thanks. On my other forums I just have to click the multi-quote button and then reply.