Ticket price increase could be less than a month away at Walt Disne

PLEASE, don’t shoot the messenger! :wink:

It is that time of year again, when the Disney Company usually raises cost of admission to all of the Disney Theme Parks. Last year, theme park admission was raised on Aug. 3 with little notice and admission to the water parks was just recently raised.

Rumors are circulating at the Walt Disney World Parks about a possible price hike coming soon. As in last year’s price increase, Disney does not generally give much advance notice of when prices will be going up. The past several times a price increase has occurred it has been on the first Sunday in August – a day that is just around the corner.

[B]If you do not want to be surprised by the price increase and know you will be traveling to Walt Disney World soon, you may want to consider buying your tickets now before prices go up.[/B]

Hopefully these rumors are wrong and Disney will keep the prices where they are at, but history shows a pattern of an annual increase. Will 2009 follow suit of previous years? Or will Disney take into consideration the current state of the economy and hold off raising prices until a later date? Only time will tell.

Currently the cost of theme park admission is based on the number of days your purchase for your Magic Your Way Ticket. Prices ranges from $23.70 to $75 per day. Cost per day goes down the more days your purchase. When purchasing a 7-day pass, cost drops down to more than half off a one-day ticket.

For more information about Walt Disney World visit Walt Disney World Resort or call 407.WDW.INFO. Click here for an exact breakdown of Walt Disney World ticket prices.

Link: Ticket price increase could be less than a month away at Walt Disney World

How does that usually work when you have a package? I assume since it is prepaid, the ticket prices are fixed…

If you buy the package before the increase I would assume YES!

[QUOTE]Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerific
How does that usually work when you have a package? I assume since it is prepaid, the ticket prices are fixed…

If you buy the package before the increase I would assume YES![/QUOTE]

But isn’t the catch there that they won’t book you a package before the 2010 rates come out (presumably at the same time as the admission ticket increases)?

I was just thinking about this, and wondering if it would be wise to buy our annual passes now, before the increase. I would hope there wouldn’t be an increase this year, but I don’t want to bet on it.

honestly, how much higher can these tickets get?

Over at, I think, allearsnet there is a chart of the price increases, both for single-day tickets and various packages over the years.

For example, the 7-day Park Hopper (w/expiration) seems to have increased an average of about $10/year.

I’m happy to stand corrected, but it’s my impression that, historically, Park Admissions are one of the places WDW makes its money. They’re already taking a decent hit on the food services through the DDP, and they seem willing to offer fairly substantial “discounts” on the rooms, but ticket-prices seem to be where they draw the line.

Amen to that. :whistling

I wish I knew for sure that I would be able to go to WDW within the next year…I would just snap up some APs right now. Grrr.

$10/year?!!! :ohmy: Jeeeeez. Ya know what, I know it may not make a lot of financial sense for the corporation, BUT if they have to enact a hiring freeze than I think we deserve a “price hike freeze.” Give people a break!

I actually read it would happen on the 2nd!Not that big of a difference, unless you are a wait to the last minute type of person!

Attendance is down, you are making deals like never before to get people to come.

Let’s raise ticket prices. Sounds like a sound business decision to me, but what do I know, I was only a business major. :laugh:

They aren’t loosing money on the Dining Plans, or they wouldn’t continue them. Sure it’s a deal if you book higher priced meals but how many people just get the DP meal alone? Where is the highest profit margin in most resturants…ADULT BEVERAGES!

Yeah, I realize they’re certainly not losing money on the DDP given what their actual food costs are.

But the are using the DDP and even room discounts to get people down there. And that’s the key.

Once someone has decided to go (be it for free dining, 35% of the room, or buy-4-get-3-free) they’re pretty much over a barrel on having to buy the admission tickets for whatever Disney wants to sell them for.

[QUOTE=alandjen;977024]Over at, I think, allearsnet there is a chart of the price increases, both for single-day tickets and various packages over the years.

For example, the 7-day Park Hopper (w/expiration) seems to have increased an average of about $10/year.

I’m happy to stand corrected, but it’s my impression that, historically, Park Admissions are one of the places WDW makes its money. They’re already taking a decent hit on the food services through the DDP, and they seem willing to offer fairly substantial “discounts” on the rooms, but ticket-prices seem to be where they draw the line.[/QUOTE]

They take a nice hit on tickets too, depending upon how many days you buy. One and two day tickets cost the most, but by the time you’re at 6 days, the per day price is much less and the 10 day tickets translate to something in the neighborhood of only $30 a day for non hoppers.

On the other hand, because my AP renewal date is in October, I’m well out of the cycle of August price increases.
I do have to wonder if they’ll decide to not raise prices this year because of the weak economy.

I have been holding off buying passes for our Christmas trip. Maybe it is time to go ahead and spend the money…

LAME.

How am I gonna get any of my semi-disney loving friends to go with me if they keep balking at the current price? I know Disney is a business, but gosh darn it all… :pinch:

They take a nice hit on tickets too, depending upon how many days you buy. One and two day tickets cost the most, but by the time you’re at 6 days, the per day price is much less and the 10 day tickets translate to something in the neighborhood of only $30 a day for non hoppers.

Yeah, but that’s because they figure that by day 4 or 5 you’ve already hit all the parks, bought the turkey legs, scoured the shops, etc.

And that’s when you start thinking about Sea World or the Universals. So after Day 4 or 5 their goal is just to keep you on-property.

I know it’s expensive, but when you figure what you get for that price, I think it’s well worth it.

To get into my local zoo is $25 for an adult. At Disney, for $40 more, I get parades, entertainment, fireworks, character meet and greets, unlimited rides, Disney magic!

Of course I’m an AP holder . . . but even for approx $400/year, I think it’s still the “cheapest” entertainment around. :heart: