Ticket Price Increase - June 12, 2011

Surprise, surprise!!

VisitMickey.net

My daughter found this tonight through Mousesavers on Facebook. Kind of sneaking this in, huh? Thought increases typically happened in August.

Wow, thanks for the memo! We should probably purchase our tickets by tomorrow, then!

disney has to realize that even for us die hard disney fans at some point we have to scream uncle. already the price of a trip we are scrimping and saving for months to :frown:. they are going to price some of us out of going…

Yes, just bought tickets for my SIL and friends yesterday after hearing rumors of the increase. Does seem a little sneaky. Going up in a month it usually doesn’t and giving 2 day warning. I believe we had at least a week last year.

Faerie dust I completely agree!! If Disney doesn’t stop increasing their tickets every year they’re gonna be shooting themselves in the foot!! We haven’t had to buy tickets for a few years because we usually get the 7 or 10 day non expiring hopper tickets then use 2-3 days each trip. Ours were up from this last trip & my husband & I were just talking about trying to save up to purchase tickets again.

It’s been working out where it’s much,MUCH cheaper to have our tickets, stay in a townhouse or home off Disney property and enjoy the parks. But now IDK what we’ll end up doing when/if we go back.

Disney really needs to consider people’s financial hardships…especially now during economic mess our country is in.

It’s like they’re FORCING people to stay on their property…because you usually get the package that includes tickets when you stay. For us though, it’s much more relaxing to go back to a home with private pool & hot tub where everyone has their own room…considering our daughter is 20 and will have her own child in a couple months.

WOW…this is just really hitting the wallet hard…making us rethink if we’d like to even go back.

[QUOTE=Live life;1079572]Faerie dust I completely agree!! If Disney doesn’t stop increasing their tickets every year they’re gonna be shooting themselves in the foot!! We haven’t had to buy tickets for a few years because we usually get the 7 or 10 day non expiring hopper tickets then use 2-3 days each trip. Ours were up from this last trip & my husband & I were just talking about trying to save up to purchase tickets again.

It’s been working out where it’s much,MUCH cheaper to have our tickets, stay in a townhouse or home off Disney property and enjoy the parks. But now IDK what we’ll end up doing when/if we go back.

Disney really needs to consider people’s financial hardships…especially now during economic mess our country is in.

It’s like they’re FORCING people to stay on their property…because you usually get the package that includes tickets when you stay. For us though, it’s much more relaxing to go back to a home with private pool & hot tub where everyone has their own room…considering our daughter is 20 and will have her own child in a couple months.

WOW…this is just really hitting the wallet hard…making us rethink if we’d like to even go back.[/QUOTE]
we already decided that this trip may be our last for awhile except we are thinking of doing a mini just four or five day next may for star wars. our 26 DD would go with us for that one… but i think we will be taking a break and head somewhere else, we love florida. may try the beaches instead… we do stay onsite. for us it is alot easier as both DH and i like to be close to take a break midday…

The only good news I see is the price drop for a one day park hopper add on dropping to $35.
This is starting to get way too pricey.

well that stinks! less money for fun stuff…

This is definatly not good. Trying to get the boyf to do a day at each park in Nov is already difficult, if I tell him the prices have been hiked he won’t be impressed. Can’t say I’m impressed either! It’s hard enough saving for the trip as it is, and little bumps like this don’t help to make it easier :frowning:

This is totally going to make us think about not going again this yr I think. I need to buy tickets for 6 of us!:eek: 3 adults, 3 kids, then a 2 yr old barely squeaking by.

You can only expect people to pay so much. As it is we’ve been toying with the idea of Busch Gardens and then hopping over to Sea World since they offer buy 1 park get the 2nd park deals, and then Buy 1 Ticket Play All Year to Florida residents. In fact dh is heavily leaning towards this option since we’re 2 1/2 hrs from Tampa and 4 1/2 from Sea World.

Yeah, the economy must be hitting Disney hard, I read they are laying off 250 employees too. Man, hitting everyone.

Well that stinks big time. I have been hounding DH that we need to purchase the tickets from AAA for our trip in July. Now they will be more. I am so mad!!!

And he says I hound him, wonder why!!!

You have 2.5 more hours to buy your passes, guys!!! :happy:

We just booked to lock in the 2011 prices!

I just tried to purchase on AAA but it kept timing out. Looks like the savings I thought I was going to have is now blown. Very ticked but what are you gonna do, right. I can just smile and say either way, I will be at WDW in almost 30 days.

Thanks for the heads up, we ordered passes for my husband’s family tonight. We have APs but they were going to buy their passes when we got to our resort.

I agree it is getting a little bit to the extreme on price. After this fall trip when we go back it may have to be to do other things and DTD for the fix. I live in the midwest so Ican go in about any direction and find something to do.

That’s an option I really don’t have.
Living in South Florida, the Disney parks ARE the closest major amusement attractions nearest us, followed by the other Orlando parks and Busch Gardens.
Anything else entails a 400 mile plus trip out of state to Atlanta and other parts north.

Am I missing something? The increase only seems to be between $3-$5 dollars? I don’t think that is so much for all you get when you walk into a Walt Disney World Park? I still think it’s a GREAT value - plus SOMEONE has to pay for all the fantastic new additions we are all so excited about. :happy:

Walt Disney World Magic Your Way ticket prices

Walt Disney World Resort theme-park ticket prices for a one-day adult Base Ticket increases to $85 from $82. A one-day child Base Ticket increases to $79 from $74 (ages 3 – 9). Children under the age of 3 do not require theme-park tickets.

In a shift from previous years, the $35 price for to add a Park Hopper option for a one-day ticket costs less than the flat rate of $55 for adding the Park Hopper option on multi-day tickets.

Prices for multi-day tickets to Walt Disney World are listed below. They do not include sales tax. Current prices, before the June 12 price increase, are provided in parentheses.

Base Ticket Prices, adult (one theme park per day) Old price is in ($)

2-day adult: $168 ($162); admission per day $84.00
3-day adult: $232 (224); admission per day $77.33
4-day adult: $243 ($232); admission per day $60.75
5-day adult: $251 ($237); admission per day $50.20
6-day adult: $259 ($242); admission per day $43.17
7-day adult: $267 ($247); admission per day $38.14
8-day adult: $275 ($252); admission per day $34.83
9-day adult: $283 ($257); admission per day $31.44
10-day adult: $291 ($262); admission per day $29.01

Continue reading on Examiner.com Walt Disney World to raise theme-park ticket prices June 12 - National Disney Travel | Examiner.com Walt Disney World to raise theme-park ticket prices June 12 - National Disney Travel | Examiner.com

i just think it is the fact of everything is going up except paychecks.

To me its more the fact that the increase is times 4, in our family’s case. Don’t get me wrong, I still think you get your money’s worth, but like Fairie Dust said, most salaries did not increase.