Ticket prices going up

I got an e-mail today from MouseSavers and it said this:

"Disney World Ticket Prices Rumored to Go UP on Sunday!

There is a strong rumor that Walt Disney World ticket prices will be going up on Sunday, August 3. If you were planning to buy tickets, now is the time! (Walt Disney World tickets can be purchased in advance, because unused tickets are valid forever.)"

Just wanted to give the heads up to anyone who may be considering purchasing ticket soon.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope all who have a trip planned gets their tickets now before they pay more than they have budgeted for.

You’re welcome. I hope this helps someone.

Wow! I wonder if I can talk DH into buying our tickets for our next trip now. Thanks for the heads up!

Whew! I just got ours in the mail last week! And I thought $1300 was horrific, I can’t imagine them going up more!! :eek: If anything, that is the one thing they should be lowering, it’s what holds back most of the families I know from going…

You’re welcome. Now if I only knew how much, then you could show him the total savings.

Agreed. the ticket prices scare me more than the resort…lol

I agree, it’s tough to watch them continue to rise, sometime twice per year.

I hope they don’t go up much.

Oh I saw that this morning too. Glad we are sneaking in one last trip on our AP’s. But now I am wondering if we should renew them before prices do go up.

Does anyone know how much prices are going up? Our APs expired Friday and we don’t plan to renew them since we aren’t planning a trip until at least next May and that’s not certain yet.

Can I order vouchers through DVC with the DVC discount?

I know they are pricey, but after visiting some other Orlando attractions I think you get a lot of BANG for your BUCK at WDW!

4 parks, parades daily, fireworks nightly, entertainment, characters and I’m sure the list goes on and on.

Other parks list their tickets as “less then Disney” but they give you A LOT less too! IMHO! :happy:

I got that email too. I sent the news to my friend so she can get her tix this week. I had a feeling this was coming soon. Isn’t August the usual time for an increase?

Thank you so much for posting this!!!
We’ve had a hard time getting everyone together to buy tickets (I’ve got a bunch of Disney newbies going with me and they want to buy tickets together!) for our trip in October. This will put a fire under their rears!!:laugh:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;855628]I know they are pricey, but after visiting some other Orlando attractions I think you get a lot of BANG for your BUCK at WDW!

4 parks, parades daily, fireworks nightly, entertainment, characters and I’m sure the list goes on and on.

Other parks list their tickets as “less then Disney” but they give you A LOT less too! IMHO! :happy:[/QUOTE]

I agree. You get what you pay for!

I believe it is. I had read on another site that people were expecting to be announced any day.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;855628]I know they are pricey, but after visiting some other Orlando attractions I think you get a lot of BANG for your BUCK at WDW!

Other parks list their tickets as “less then Disney” but they give you A LOT less too! IMHO! :happy:[/QUOTE]

I agree that you get a lot for your money at WDW, plus these other parks don’t actually turn out to be less when you figure out the value of a multi-day ticket. Yes, a one day ticket is pricey, but they end up significantly less the more days you pay for.

[QUOTE=tink74;855634]Thank you so much for posting this!!!
We’ve had a hard time getting everyone together to buy tickets (I’ve got a bunch of Disney newbies going with me and they want to buy tickets together!) for our trip in October. This will put a fire under their rears!!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you can get them all to do it now that there is sort of a deadline.

Wow! Before long tickets will be $90 per day. Friends of mine already moan and groan about ticket prices and will normally just do one park their whole trip and spend the rest at Universal or something else. I guess if I wasn’t such a fan I’d be complaining too. That is a lot of money for a family to spend on one thing for vacation.

If I buy AP’s (with the DVC discount) before the prices go up is it active from when I buy it or from when I use it first?