Ticket prices...?

Does anyone know if WDW is going to have another ticket price increase? If so, when? It seems to usually happen in August…I need to know so I can budget for my tickets or cross my fingers and buy 'em now. Thanks. :heart:

Blogs have been reporting to be on the look out, but I haven’t read anything on official Disney sites.

I guess I should suck it up and put my tax returns to good use; the sooner the better. Does Disney have a way of surprising us with this, or do they give fair warning first…?

Thanks, Jen! <3

[QUOTE=Screever;1042745]I guess I should suck it up and put my tax returns to good use; the sooner the better. Does Disney have a way of surprising us with this, or do they give fair warning first…?

Thanks, Jen! <3[/QUOTE]

There should be at least 3 weeks advance warning before they release new prices for passes and tickets.

Thought I read they were going up yesterday… Was I dreaming? Maybe on Mousesavers? Or maybe it was historically the first week of August?
Not sure …sorry!
If you know you are going, it is always better to just get the tickets- they last forever until you use them the first time :slight_smile:

yaeh i saw that on mouse savers ,but I belive it will be a mistake ,especially in this economy

It has been awhile since I had to pay for a ticket to any of the parks, is is true it is $84 and change to get in now? It is getting crazy ridicolous as far as their prices I do know. I heard on the radio this weekend that Six Flags is charging everyone the kids prices to get in and that includes their water park up in Gurnee, IL north of Chicago. But from what I have seen while at WDW it sure doesn’t seem to be stopping people from going but when is enough enough as far as raising their prices?

I still think the value you get for a $78 tickets is still awesome. Once you enter the gates you get improv entertainment, shows, parades, rides, character meet and greets, friendly CMs, fireworks and more! If you add it all up, it VERY much worth what they charge. IMHO

Funny thing about Disney ticket prices (and as a result Universal and Sea World/Busch Gardens prices) is that they are almost bulletproof to the economy while Six Flags and Cedar Fair are struggling to get people through their gates.
Disney bumps theirs and the parks down the road are able to follow suit.
It’s a good thing that the other parks have decent Florida resident rates.
Disney remains a destination resort that everyone around the world still want to come to at almost any price. But $84 is really starting to push the issue! IF they want more money next year, they’d better automatically be park hoppers!

Is it still $52 extra to hop no matter how many days?

It’s going up to 54 plus tax.

You know when you see a couple dollars here and there, it doesn’t look bad, but add it up and multiply in by a family you could be looking at 70-80 bucks.

They are raising ticket prices and at the same time saying that they are not going to offer as many deep discounts and they think people are going to be able to afford to come in these times? I think by raising the ticket prices they have just opened the door for the deep discounts when they realize that no one is coming without them!

From Allears.net

Ticket Prices Increase August 5!

Effective August 5, 2010, ticket prices at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland will increase. A one-day base ticket at Walt Disney World will be $82 for age 10 and up, $74 for under age 10. A one-day base ticket at Disneyland will be $76 for age 10 and up, $68 for under age 10. Complete prices can be found on the Official Disney Parks Blog.

Here’s a link to the new ticket prices.

Did anyone else catch the line I read on MSNBC? Tickets purchased by Wednesday would be honored through Jan 3rd. I thought tickets never expired? Am I misreading something?

I had an e-mail and read it on the home page of MB. As I was planning on buying our park tickets this week, I bought them today just in case the ones I wanted went up too. Times by three, that can be quite a hike.

Ticket Type
Total Price w/Tax
1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket 10+ $87.33
1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket 3-9 $78.81
1-Day Magic Your Way Ticket w/Park Hopper 10+ $144.84
1-Day Magic Your Way Ticket w/Park Hopper 3-9 $136.32
1-Day Magic Your Way Ticket w/Water Park Fun & More 10+ $144.84
1-Day Magic Your Way Ticket w/Water Park Fun & More 3-9 $136.32
1-Day Magic Your Way Ticket w/Park Hopper & Water Park Fun & More 10+ $202.35
1-Day Magic Your Way Ticket w/Park Hopper & Water Park Fun & More 3-9 $193.83

This will be the new ticket prices according to Mousesavers. :blink:

I sure hope Msnbc has something wrong there…

Disney theme parks to raise prices Thursday - Travel - Family Travel - msnbc.com

We bought tickets for our DS and wife last night and I told my DH if they don’t go, we can use the tickets whenever. After our sept trip, we aren’t planning on going back until late fall 2011.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1043155]I sure hope Msnbc has something wrong there…

Disney theme parks to raise prices Thursday - Travel - Family Travel - msnbc.com

We bought tickets for our DS and wife last night and I told my DH if they don’t go, we can use the tickets whenever. After our sept trip, we aren’t planning on going back until late fall 2011.[/QUOTE]

I think I’d give someone a call Joanne. That line doesn’t really explain very much at all-surely they have to honour the terms they were originally sold on?-which of course is non-expiry?

I read that too and it sounded like they would expire to me too.