Ticket Prices

I am planning our next trip this summer and was wondering about ticket prices. Are we allowed to discuss specific places to purchase tickets? I am REALLY bummed the Florida resident tickets are not usable during the summer any longer.

Which FL resident tickets are you talking about?

Yes, I have the same issue with that. The seasonal pass,weekday sesonal pass and 3 or 4 day Fl. resident ticket all have block out dates.

I love using Undercover Tourist. They have a small discount and taxes are included. Sign up for Mousesavers.com newsletter and there is a private link that offers their lowest prices.

I am not sure what the Fl ticket discussion is referring to? We have friends who live in Florida and they have Fl resident annual passes that can be used at any time. What passes for Fl residents have blackout dates? They use theirs all the time all summer long when visitors come to town…

Yes, the regual AP you can use all year with no blockout dates. Its costly though. 450.00 a year. If you use it alot,its worth it. For me and my family,its costly but something I am considering. I just don’t know if I can shell out almost 1400.00 for us,compared to around 300.00 per ticket. With this economy,its really hard.

We usually get a 5 or 6 day tickets with no expiration. We go 2-3 times a year during the summer, so it lasts for a couple of years. They have a “discovery” ticket, but it expires on June 7th. We used Maple Leaf before we moved to FL, they seem to be a little less.

Yes—that is a lot of money!! I didn’t realize it was so much—our friends who live about 45 mins away, use theirs all the time…they will drive over to just go to eat in Epcot. Or, they use the discount they get to stay over a night somewhere and visit one or two parks. They definitely get their money’s worth out of theirs.

Sorry—I wasn’t even thinking about the park hoppers or tickets for Florida residents. So they are restricted? That seems unfair. If you get a discount you get a discount.

Come to think of it—they have taken away the AAA discount for park hopper passes so—I guess that’s the way it goes now.

I have the weekday annual pass, but I am not at all sad that we can’t go during the summer. As hot as it gets here in Florida walking on asphalt in 100+ heat index doesn’t sound appealling.

I know that everyone says they would never go in the summer—but if you have no other time to go—it is indeed doable. There are many places to cool off and you can take a water bottle to refill.

We can not go any other time but during the summer now. Last summer, when we went in August, we left here in Va when it was in the high 90’s with 90% humidity!!! While in Orlando, it was in the low 90’s with a breeze! It was hot but not unbearable. :smile:

We have gone in July a couple of times, and would go again in the summer. It’s that or never go again. With my daughter being a Teacher, it’s our only option now. :happy:

I’m sure if you have other options, it would definitely be better to go another time of the year though.

We had more flexability when we homeschooled. This school year they started going to public school. I always had the weekday pass cause it worked for us not being restricted. Now, if we want to go for any length of time,its in the summer. So, paying 450.00 a ticket is alot for me. I also realize its either go that route,limit how often you go or don’t go at all. I can’t imagine not going at all so for now, I have to lim it it to work around the blacout days then work up to a regular AP when I can afford it.

We will probably just buy a single day park hopper when we visit. But my guess is we will visit Disney less because of this. We bought a year long pass to Universal that is good until the end of Aug. Maybe we just do Disney once and then go to Universal. I just do not see how this ne policy helps Disney.

Have you seen the Forida Resident promo they are running right now 3 days for 119.00? It may allow you to spend more than just one day at Disney.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-residents/3-day-ticket/

not sure if blackout dates apply

That ticket is good until early June I believe.

[QUOTE=christina101902;1132234]Have you seen the Forida Resident promo they are running right now 3 days for 119.00? It may allow you to spend more than just one day at Disney.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-residents/3-day-ticket/

not sure if blackout dates apply[/QUOTE]

That is the Discovery Ticket. It expires on June 7th. So much for being a Florida resident.