Tickled to Mouse Tears - Getting ready to book POFQ

Just decided to book it. Now if we could only get an upgrade to the Poly!!! Anyone else going the week of the Dec 14th??? Hope to see you there!!

What month?

OH boy, you’re excited.
We’ll be at POR Riverside starting Nov. 15.

don’t hold your breath with the upgrade. You might turn blue :laugh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;997005]OH boy, you’re excited.
We’ll be at POR Riverside starting Nov. 15.

don’t hold your breath with the upgrade. You might turn blue :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I can hope… We go in December… Can’t wait to see the lights… and almost forgot to give mention of the beignets!!!

We will just miss you, we are leaving to go home on the 12th.

Anyone know if any of the rooms have been refurbed at POFQ lately?

I am getting caught up in your excitement. Have a grand trip even if all wishes don’t come true :wink:

yummm beignets… good substitute… fun place to stay. Have a good trip!

Okay, we are booked for POFQ from 12/14-12/17… oh man… I am going to Disney… :wub:

The rooms were refub’d in Spring of 2002. We were booked to arrive that May and because of the decline in attendance following 9/11 and the refurb, POFQ was closed, and we were upgraded to WL. I haven’t heard of any refurb since then.

The POFQ pool was refurb’d around Jan-March 2008.

Suggestions on best way to transport the 2yo and 7 mo in the parks?

two words… double stroller!
i have the baby trend sit and stand that i love! you can hook most infant car seat carriers to it. there is a newer model that actually has another seat with a sun shade and i think that second seat reclines. this is a much nicer one than what we have. but before we had it, we just brought two strollers. my babies were 6 months and 2 and we went again when the baby was 8 months. the two stroller option worked better for us back then since the our double has a bench and not the reclining seat. we brought the travel system and a 20.00 umbrella stroller that we picked up at babies r us. the ONLY complaint i had was it was a pain to take the carrier out, fold up the stroller and bring it on a crowded bus, but other than that everything was smooth. and we didn’t have to worry about bringing the girls back for naps since they just napped in their strollers!
i wouldn’t rent a stroller there as they look kinda uncomfortable for a baby. but when your children are the same age as mine, then that might be a great way to go since they can lean back and sleep and get out easy when they want (may not be a good thing if your kids are as squirmy as mine lol).

We too use a double stroller. Front to back style to makes it easier to manouver in crowds and stores. I’d also recommend one that reclines both seats as your little ones are sure to be tuckered out at some point and opt for a nap.

yes front to back is a must!!! they may be a wee bit harder to turn but man those side by sides look like a pain in a butt to manuever around in stores. plus they take up so much stroller parking room lol!

When replying, could you post a picture of the type of transportation you are talking about? THANKS!!! I am checking craigs list now…

Chances of getting an upgrade from POFQ to the Polynesian are probally not going to happen unless you pay for it, but here’s to wishing for magic!

We use one similar to this. Sun protection is a must, reclining seats, large basket underneath etc etc…

Our quote from a CM was an extra $500. I’m game, anyone got that sitting around somewhere?

We use one similar to this. Sun protection is a must, reclining seats, large basket underneath etc etc…

Thanks, I found one like that on craigs list for $50.

if i had it i would TOTALLY give it to you :slight_smile: the only condition is you would have to let me crash with you lol!:laugh: