Tiggerlover 's and Huband's birthday getaway

Cast …

Me ( tiggerlover )Cheryl 37 years old …
DH Richard Birthday boy ( 42 years old )

I am having camera downloading problems I have put the pics on the computer but cant find the folder of them to put them to photobucket to resize weird … so I will write the trip report to add pics later

Saturday July 5th 2008 …

Dh and I went to bed on July 4th at 11:30 pm after quickly packing our bags ( I still forgot stuff and had to stop at walmart when we got up there lol ) … I only got about an hour and half sleep because I just couldnt sleep … We both got up at 5 am and quickly got stuff together ( I forgot my ressie confirmation and adrs but luckily didnt need them ) … and was out the door by 5:20 am and after finding out our gas station wasnt opened at 5:30 am on a Saturday morning Decided to chance it and if we needed gas get it on the turnpike … We were off and on the turnpike by 5:45 am …

Well Dh didnt want to chance that there were state troopers out so did the speed limit and we got to Walmart on osceola parkway about 7:30 am and stopped for the crystal light packets ( add ins to water I forgot in my mad dash out the door …) and umbrella I also forgot in case it rained … and we were off to Pop to check in

Well check in was quick but the CM was like boy your here early … I even mentioned it was Richards birthday and he didnt even aknowledged it … He was like well you know your room isnt ready Well no duh we just wanted to be checked in and eat breakfast and get to a park … he didnt even give us a welcome packet which I realised later that day … (needless to say we didnt even get ballons or a card in the room that I have recieved in the past on my birthday so I was a little dissapointed for Dh ) …

Ok off to breakfast we go ( sorry forgot to get pics of it .) DH got breakfast pizza and I got chocolate chip pancakes platter and a side of eggs …
We finished breakfast and were on the bus by 8:45 am …

Yippee!! I was waiting for this!! Now to go and start reading!! :happy:

we got to Disney studios as they let everyone in and went right to guest relations to get Richard a birthday button and the DDE card … We got out of there and they were just doing the opening ceremonies so we rushed to Toy story mainia and it was a 20 minute wait … I love love love this ride Dh beat me in score both times we went on it but I beat him on the accuracy both times and never let him forget it lol… after toy story we then went and got a fast pass for it … We found the pins for Twins1023 . We then went and Did muppets which we were shocked because Disney studios for a holiday weekend was not packed like we thought it would be it had a 5 minute wait … we then decided to see how what time B&B was playing it started at 12:20 and well we didnt want to do that since our fast passes for toy story was for then … Plus we really werent planning to stay that long at DHS ( Dh wanted to go to Epcot since it was his bday I was doing everything he wanted to do ) … We then did One mans dream and then sat for a rested for a bit we decided after Toy story we wouldnt be going to epcot we decided to go back to the hotel and eat lunch and go swimming and just relax till our Dinner ressie at WCC…
we did toy story again dh beat me but I got him in accuracy :laugh:

Great start. Waiting patiently for more.

we went back to the hotel ate lunch I couldnt decide if I wanted the Asian chicken salad or Chicken nuggets I wanted fries so I went with the nuggets but was really missing the asian chicken salad oh well …Dh had a soy burger …

We went to our room ( 80 s building 9428 yes 4th floor for a girl who hates heights lol ) but we were so close to the main building and buses .YAY. We changed into our bathing suits swam a bit … .I was showing dh my water aerobics moves that I have learned this last week … he was like ok already … We stayed for awhile and decided to go back and take a nap in the room since we were up so early … We woke up and wanted a snack even though we had dinner adrs in about an hour and half lol … Richard got a cookie I got ( thinking of Wishy ) a chocolate cupcake with white buttercream icing … It was the best cupcake I had in awhile ( lol it has been about 4 years since my last one ) … we then went back took showers and then off to WL for Dinner …

OH… glad you loved TSM… it is so awesome… still reading…

We only had a 5 minute wait but they tried to put us in the back room ( the last three times we have been here they have done that to us )Plus they had so many tables in the main one open we didnt know why they were putting us back there. Richard and I asked to be sat in the main dining room no problem they had a wait a few minutes while they changed us around we got a great waitress but she was not showy like the others in the main dining room but that was ok I promised Richard I wouldnt tell them it was his birthday and didnt … We enjoyed throwing crayons at kids that asked for them and also watching them bring the bottles to tables that asked …

For Dinner Richard and I both got the Skillet … I also decided since Wishy and bella raved about the Glowtinis I get one and wow was it yummy except I got a glow cube and not a tink ( I found out you had to get the other drinks for them and not the Glowtini )

I then got the tortillas and bananas and Ice cream for dessert and Richard and I shared it …

after dinner I had to back to the room since I left medril in the room and because of my stupid thyroid I got a reaction of hives from the food at dinner ( the shrimp but the shrimp were so yummy :laugh: ) … We then hopped on the bus to MK since it was open till midnight …

Great TR! Keep it comin’!

Can’t wait for pics.

Lisa

oh I forgot to say that I had a weird moment coming back from DHS … We got to the bus stop and were like ok no one is here we must have just missed the bus … so we waited … more people came and well we saw 3 grandfloridian /wl polynesian busses … 3 akl busses … 3 port orleans buses … 4carribean beach busses SSR busses … You get the picture … we waited at least 45 minutes for a POP bus … that was the only time the bus was bad the other times we timed it right where they just were waiting for us to get on … ok back with the report …

ok we got to MK about 7:30 and well the first spectromagic was at nine so we found a spot right in front of the castle ( I got some great pics of the castle at night with the help of the gorilla pod woohoo ) … and we just hung out till spectro had a great family sitting next to me but had weird people who kept trying to wedge in on me and Richard behind me … Dh was also listening in on so people who were talking (in creole ) about them lol he told me later boy were they prejudiced since the family was a spanish family that was honing in on us and they were like they smell and stuff and look how they are honing in on that couple lol … it was too funny …

after specto Dh was like lets not wait for wishes we have seen it ( he loves fireworks and I thought he would love to see it but I think the crowd was getting to him …) we walked right on to buzz … he beat me of course … then did the TTA … the cast member down stairs had that he was FT pierce Florida which is the next town over from PSL … I was like no way we are from PSL …

oh another note it was sooooooooooooo hot all day and even at night that we bought lots of water and we were glad we had the add ins we only came home with four add ins left from that box…

after TTA we need water like I said even at night it was hot … we then went over to fantasy land walked right on Winnie the pooh as we came out wishes was starting ( they said it was delayed because it was lightning out but no rain we thought they would cancel it ) … wow is all we can say we got to watch wishes from behind the castle yes we missed seeing the castle but we got the fireworks and heard the music …

after wishes was over we went to Haunted Mansion we decided to skip BTMRR and Splashmountain and headed over to POC which had a 5 minute wait … After getting off POC we saw a mother having a meltdown at a child wow she needed sleep … We then were like ok lets head on out to the bus remember it wa 11 ish and we were up at 5am so we were starting to drag Richard looked at me lets get a dolewhip for the walk since this will be the only time you can get one … We got the float which well had more ice cream then juice but we shared it as we walked and got stuck at the entrance by the second specto so had to wait until they let us go … we then had to go to bus stop 18 for the pop century bus that was there waiting for us … .We then got back to the resort Richard took another shower since he felt sweaty and off to bed we went … Sunday will be coming up soon … hopefully I can find the pics to post them

here is Richard waiting in line at Toy story …

Oh I forgot we did the Animation thing at DHS we got to draw goofy both of our didnt look like goofy but I get an a for effort …

here I am with Sorceror mickey

Richard and Wall E

You look great, Cheryl, have you met your WW goal yet? If not you have to be close.

THanks for sharing your trip, it sounds like you had a great time.

Wishy and Bella this one is for you .Wishy do you recognize the dress ? :laugh:

thank Steph no I havent reached goal yet I am still 20 pounds away …

Shrimp anyone ?

skillet anyone ?