Tiggers day at MK

Ok so my wifes cousin (DC) is in town and we have been going to WDW with him and his mom since he was 5 I think (he is 13 now). This is his first trip anywhere by himself so it was kind of a big deal to come all the way down here from Phily.

We got a late start out of the house due to some unforeseen issues (good stuff but it is not really Disney related so…). Instead of getting to MK at 8:30 we got there at 10:30. Parking was FREEEEE! All I had was my CC and the CC reader was down.

Took the ferry across which is always fun. Because we always stayed on property when we went with our cousins this was the first time for him to ride the ferry…as a 13 year old he was as you can imagine…impressed :cool: let us know that the ferry was ok but we had to ride the monorail on the way back to TT.

Ok so we get into the MK. The new RFID passes are great. The entry is much ummmm airer. Lots of room. It seems they were still working out kinks with them as most of the people in front of us had problems. Me…I was golden of course.

At this point I was by myself because the DW and DC both had to pee. I took the bags through bag check and told them I would meet up with them by the bathrooms.

(Boy why is he telling us…is it because he is a great guy or something else?)

Since you are wondering…it is because I am a great guy that started force everyone to drink water when they got up. In fact I made them drink a lot of water the day before. It was a very hot and humid day perfect for me to experiment…bwahaha. We all drank a normal sized bottle of water every hour (until 3 when it rain) minimum the day of. We drank two bottles of water between dinner and bed time the night before. Had a big glass of water with dinner. We had light breakfast, light lunch (bigger dinner the night before), and our splurge was dinner at Tony’s. Our energy level was excellent. None of us felt sick from the heat, no head aches, no sore muscles. I think the high temp yesterday was 94 and the sun and humidity was pretty high. They early hydration really was the key. And really once we got going in MK we didn’t really have to pee that much…

Talking about water…I have to go turn off my sprinklers. DC helped me put in our new hedge and now I have to keep that hydrated as well. While I am away everyone drink some water!

So I get through he front gate and head to our meetup spot which was the head.

Thinking that peeing would be done or close to it I was surprised they were actually in line for some sorcerers magic kingdomcard thing…HEY I THOUGHT WE CAME HERE FOR THE RIDES!!

So after they get their kingdome cards and then pee we head out on the first SMKC quest. I thought that by this point we would be in line if not shooting through space. Nope standing watching a video and then another one and then another one…well finally they are board on to Space Mountain!

(Ok in all seriousness – is that possible? The SMKC is pretty cool. I was pretty impressed with the player facing interface and technology. The story and quest are of course for a younger audience. I love love love that Disney is making their parks more interactive and making them more of attraction unto themselves. I hope they create a more customized game geared for older audences at some point. They could use the same kiosks just have cards that triger the other game…maybe put more kiosks in including ride queues.)

No fastpasses the standby time was 35 minutes actual time was 45. I love SM and I love how Disney has improved it over the year. The preshow games were great but they are not running now. I got seated in the back and my kidneys and tail bone were not happy. I remember the track being a lot smoother last time I rode it. It seems to have drifted back to the rougher ride of old. Still a great ride and love it still.

After SM it we were ready for a quick lunch. Headed over to Cosmic Ray’s for a roasted chicken. Use to one of my favorite meals at MK. The mashed potatoes were actually fake whipped potatoes. The green beans were massivly over cooked.The chicken was roasted but probably on another day because even though it was cooked and warm part of it was frozen.

Food at Disney is becoming my new big disappointment. It use to be a great place to get a good meal. That is becoming harder and harder…espcially in the parks.

After our cosmic meal disaster at Ray’s we headed off to BTM…and FP for Splash Mountian.

[QUOTE=tigger;1136853]So I thought that by this point we would be in line if not shooting through space. Nope standing watching a video and then another one and then another one…well finally they are board on to Space Mountain!

(Ok in all seriousness – is that possible? The SMKC is pretty cool. I was pretty impressed with the player facing interface and technology. The story and quest are of course for a younger audience. I love love love that Disney is making their parks more interactive and making them more of attraction unto themselves. I hope they create a more customized game geared for older audences at some point. They could use the same kiosks just have cards that triger the other game…maybe put more kiosks in including ride queues.)

No fastpasses the standby time was 35 minutes actual time was 45. I love SM and I love how Disney has improved it over the year. The preshow games were great but they are not running now. I got seated in the back and my kidneys and tail bone were not happy. I remember the track being a lot smoother last time I rode it. It seems to have drifted back to the rougher ride of old. Still a great ride and love it still…[/QUOTE]

Space Mountain kept breaking down on us when we were there in February. But I was impressed by the way WDW has improved the line as opposed to what I was used to at Disneyland. :pirate:

It didn’t break down on us but the car were jumping all over the track…my kidney is still a little sore.

Big Thunder Mountain.

60 minute standby. I have to say I am glad for the wait. BTM has a new pre-show that has all sorts of the cool stuff to read and do. The pre-show expands the storyline of the BTM by explaining the queue building (ventilation for the mines). There is even a great map that shows all the shafts in the mountain. You can look down into shafts, crank up and blast TNT, and a bunch of other stuff.

The ride is what we have all come to enjoy and love. Best place to ride it is upfront…just ask a CM, you might have to wait a little extra.

We got FP for Splash Mountain but they weren’t for a while so we headed over to POTC…

On a side tangent…why are people jerks? We were walking between SM FP and BTM when a guy in front of me just stopped for really no reason. Trying to avoid him I clipped his back to which he turned and started yelling “well EXCUSS ME! What is the matter with you”. I kept walking. I know it was hot and crowded…who knows what else he had been thought that day.

:ohmy:…I don’t like the sound of that…“jumping all over the track”. Yikes!

YAY!! Sounds like MK day was off to a good start (I am ignoring the chicken incident)

sounds like a great day. last time we ate at Cosmic Rays we were so not impressed. more report please.

…Cosmic Rays used to be one of our “go to” places—because of the variety. Last time we had hamburgers that were just meh as I recall…and I had to go around to find catsup…it was out in a couple places…

…continue with the report please…:happy:

wo things you mentioned I completely agree with. The ride on SP was really rough the last time I was on it. It hurt my back. I won’t go on it again because of it. Also, I completely agree with the food at Disney. In May, I was very disappointed in the food on property. I feel like it is going down. With prices going up, I think the quality of food should too. The only place that had great food when I was there was Kouzinna. Glad everything went good.

[QUOTE=tigger;1136870]
On a side tangent…why are people jerks? We were walking between SM FP and BTM when a guy in front of me just stopped for really no reason. Trying to avoid him I clipped his back to which he turned and started yelling “well EXCUSS ME! What is the matter with you”. I kept walking. I know it was hot and crowded…who knows what else he had been thought that day.[/QUOTE]

Ah, a question.

Every now and then, there are those people who seem to think that the world revolves around them. Ergo, the concept of stopping in a moving crowd with no notice does not involve the foreseeability that it would be either 1) unexpected or 2) insufficient notice to prevent those behind to reduce their velocity and thus suffer the consequences of inertia.

I was in Epcot last February, and I was trying to get a shot of the Mexico pyramid. Which meant going against the flow of traffic. I guess I could have gone past on the right side, then doubled back. But I was amiss, not realizing how “annoying” I would be to this couple, where because I stopped six feet in front of her, my position “forced” her to deviate from her path, and eliciting an “Excuse me!” which kinda harshed my mellow that evening. Well, until I had a shot of avocado margarita. THAT sort of made up for it.

The only other “bad” experience was in California Adventure, where I was trying to listen to the CM describe the notes of the port samples, where a father thought it was no big deal to have his children jump and scream because, you know, “It’s an amusement park” though it sort of drowned out everything the CM was saying.

Manners and Common Courtesy. Frankly, as an attorney, I’m surprised there are not more “incidents” at WDW where you have created the perfect storm of large crowds of strangers, most of whom are tired, High Heat and/or Humidity, thrown together those who are expecting maximum value for the money spent.

Sorry for the hijack. :pirate:

626, I try not to go during high season…it was a foriegn experance to me. Heat, humidity, crowd…surprised that homocide isn’t in that list.

So we fought our way back over to Adventureland to ride POTC. The wait time sign said “K”…I have no idea what that means? Strike? Kraptasic long line? seemed about right…I have never seen the queue line extend out of the building. Ok it was just out side by like one person but still a long weaving line for POTC!

The line was about an hour (maybe a little less) but it seemed longer. It might be just me but by mid-afternoon I am spent conversation wise until early evening. A few hundred people chattering like sea gulls fighting over Cheetos at the beach made it seem longer. The chatter was so long you really couldn’t hear the pre-show mood setting music…and all those bodies made it hotter.

Good thing is the line just kept moving. Pretty soon we were seated in the front of our own skiff…well they stuffed a few other people in behind us.

Loved the mermaids hated Blackbeard…and the fact that he says Dead Men Do Tell Tails…fail Disney…fail.

Had a good time up until we got shushed for singing along with the pirates “Yo Ho Yo Ho…”. I know that I don’t have the best singing voice (DC has a great voice…DW make me sound good). Personally I think all dark rides should be sing alongs…but that might just be me.

Anywho it was the shushers first trip to WDW and their first day on property and they were going to be there another week and half so they have plenty of opportunity to do it right :wink:

Seriously they were nice people…they must have thought we were crazy but that is because we always have a crazy good time.

After exiting POTC we crossed over to HM. Again the line of the dead was amazing! I have never seen such a thing. It did move along at a good clip…the 30 minute was no lie.

I liked the new interactive queue. It really expands and fills in the story. We actually let people move past us as we played with it. I thought it was well worth the time…very entertaining…really I suggest not rushing past it.

HM had not changed since our last visit. I do wish it was a longer ride…by the way you can sing along with this ride and no one will know…I bet you could sing loud enough to wake the dead…sorry couldn’t resist.

After HM we took a break at Harbor House…I took my first pee break if you are interested, even if your not now you know.

As regular readers of my TR know I am not a fan of HH. I am happy to report that I do like the updated menu…lobster rolls…yes lobster rolls…over all the menu looked much improved. I look forward to going back.

We hung out until our FP for Splash were aged and aged they did…we thought they were for 4:45 at 4:40 we looked at them 4:05…hustle hustle hustle people! Time is a wasting!

Next up Splash…

Splash Mountain is one of the great rides…in any park anywhere. It is a classic. It wonderful storytelling. It has a lot of scences to sing along to!

We had FP so we walked right on…sweet!

The people in the FP line ahead of probably thought I was a stanger danger. Their little son had one of those minutemaid frozens. The kid had a spoon and was going at it like like a raccoon on fresh trash. It was really cute and funny. He looked up at me and i just blurted out “looks like you are really enjoying that. must be really good.” The dad moved him between him and his wife…He motioned his son ahead of us quickly. The kid keep chowing down like frozen minutemaid goodies were some secret elixar of happyness or maybe youth…maybe he was actually an 80 year old man…hey get me one those!

I am happy to say that DW and I got pretty wet but not soaked…that happened later. The people with us in our log were not english speakers but they sang along in spanish with us and their little boy was adorable.

Zippppp a deee dooooo DAH Zip a dee AY!

Next up disappointment…really sad sad disappointment.

:ohmy: Disappointment?? Say it isn’t so!!

After Splash Mountain we headed over to look at the new Fantasyland. Over all I like the layout of the land. The depth and texture of the visuals are great. It is a little confusing at first but that might be because they aren’t actually finished. We spent some time just looking around at things and than headed to Arials undersea disapointment.

Let me just say…I was ready to be underwhelmed by this ride, how much I was underwhelmed was a complete surprise. If you have seen the movie…whelp this is just a greatly abridged version. DC made the point that if you hadn’t seen the movie there wasn’t enough story to actually understand what you just witnessed. They try to tell the story but they just don’t pull it off.

Next big disapointment with it was the sound design is horrible. Some of it is alright but most of it doen’t match the location of the character. It is like they had to cut the budget and decided to cut speakers.

Next big dissapointment where secondary characters. They were just filler plastic crabs and fish that all looked the same. Kind of like Small World dolls but underwater.

Ok there is more but I have to comment on the fact that if you look up or look down you get the feeling they through up the whole think in some surplus warehouse. There was no attempt to cover up or hide the fact that if you looked up you saw…well everything, wires, lights, ventilation, support structures, etc. The floor was just a concret that met up with the overly plastic looking scenery.

The worst part of this whole endeavor was we waited in line for 60 minutes…I have to say the pre-show did seem to have a lot more thought put into it.

The best part of that experance was it poured while we were in line. It was a down pour…when we came out of the ride we put on our rain gear and headed out of the attraction area as instructed by the CM.

It continued to rain for the next hour and half…we headed to Tony’s to see if we could get a table.

Next more dinning disapointment at MK.

Let me start by saying that I am a food snob. But I also can be happy with a hamburger and fries.

We got to Tony’s and put our name on the standby list. They said it would be about an hour and half wait and the were right. It was nice just to sit and relax for a while (and that would come in handy later on).

We got seated at a table and were ready to order right away. We put in our orders and shortly afterward along with our drinks came very yummy bread and olive oil. I would have been happy with just that.

I ordered the NY Strip. It was suppose to come with a red wine reduction but it didn’t and because it didn’t I found out why it is suppose to come with a red wine reduction. I am pretty sure that my steak was pre-cooked and than warmed before severing. It was dry and cooler in the middle but when I cut into it it was cooked all the way through. It tasted great and the roasted potatoes and veg were good as well…but when you are paying $30 for a steak…I finished most of the steak before I realized it did have the reduction. I didn’t say anything to the CM.

Again I am very disappointed with food at WDW. Not all the food just seems that unless you go way upscale you don’t get much more than commissary grade cuisine. When we first started going to Disney we were excited just as much for the food as the rides and shows.

(side note on the food…we went to W&F once and went to the greek stand. When they were plating up my food they grabed a olive bottle that was Publix brand…on closer inspection of other stands I noticed a lot of local “store” brand ingredence being used. Not that there is anything wrong with it but I was kind of expecting Greek Olives not Publix Olives.)

Ok so I know that the last two post have been pretty negative. I don’t want anyone to think we had a bad time. In spite of those things Disney is pretty awesome fun time.

Next up 4 hour free for all!

Final hours free for all!

Ok so after Tony’s we basically had met all our objectives for the day and we still had a few hours. DW and DC did another STMK and I just looked around at the stores and stuff. After about 40 minutes they got bored with it again. We headed over to TL and road the Wedway…twice. They have really improved the section that goes through Space Mountain. I still miss the old sound track but they seem to have toned down the TL sales pitch junk.

After WW we headed over to Carousel of Progress for another sing along. By the end we had the rest of the people singing along. I am pretty sure everyone had a good time…well of course the did…I was there!

After CoP we headed up to the big top store in that circus town land thing. DC had to get a new mug for his mom and they only seemed to have Dumbo mugs up there. While there I scored a rice crispy Mickey head with chocolate dipped ears.

Next up DW and DC rode the Tea Cups…I don’t ride that because they would rename them after I got done with them :blow: :whistling

Next we headed down to ride Space Mountain again. It was basically a walk on as everyone was watching the delayed Wishes. Got off and rode it again (who needs kidneys!). This time there was a wait so by the time we got off the park was closing so we headed for the doors.

It was a really fun day because we didn’t have huge expectations on doing anything. We rode the 3 mountains which really was the only thing on any list and we had all day to do it. Mostly we hung out laughing our heads off.

Seeing that we weren’t staying on property we headed out to the car and headed home. Pulled in the garage about 12:31 which means I was speeding…really speeding (a few guys passed me like I was standing still on 417 so I guess I am good).

I like staying on property because you don’t have to drive home but I like sleeping in my own bed as well.

Hope you have enjoyed my TR…

Thanks for your TR…I enjoyed reading about your adventures… :happy:

Great trip report, thanks for sharing.