Tiggers not a trip report trip report

Ok so we had to use up our last day of our 3 day passes. We also need some time together…with about 40,000 other disney phanatics.

Stayed at the Pop. Of the values is our favorites.

Ate at; Yak and Yeti - Loved it, Pop food courty-thingy - good enough for late dinner and breakfast, brought meal replacements bars - you have to be kidding me…ok so I had one of the cookies on the way up to MCO.

Rode: EE, KRR, Safari, DINOSAUR. Feel like I’m missing something. Nope that is all. We had quality ride experience not quantity :laugh: Spent most of our time just walking around. We got soaked on KRR…took me 4 hours before I dried out.

Shows: Finding Nemo. Was ok…probably not going back. 20 minute version of the movie with puppets and songs. I feel they have a lot more to explore with some pretty well known characters but I guess it is more for the kids and Pixar did own it when it was built so they probably put the breaks on a lot of stuff to protect their property.

Parades: Jammin Jungle is always a favorite of ours. Still humming the songs today. Seems like they added a few new floats and a few more families since the last time I saw it.

Some changes we notice on this trip: Cardboard straws at AK! Tree of Life’s leaves are looking pretty old. Brazilians know a lot of chants and are very good at playing follow the flag. Pop is being taken over by rabbits over by the 70’s building (dozens of them…maybe they are the new lawn crew). A lot more Disney Security vehicles out and about. Our hair drier was unplugged*. The secret resort channel is gone!!! No more cartoons on a loop in the rooms (luckly I have most of those book marked in youTube so I can do my little sing along anyway).

We had a great day at WDW and then spent Sunday morning in Winter Park’s downtown. It was fun to explore and would recommend it if you are look for a break from the Resort (not a kid activity unless your kids like shopping or being bored).

• I don’t know if this is something that WDW is now doing (unplugging hair driers) but it would make sense. Just being plugged in a hair drier can consume 1 watt of power (not on just plugged in). Think about all the rooms they have (5760) and what that scales up to across the whole resort. That is a whole lot of wasted electricity. I only notice this because I unplug everything at home before I leave on a trip (everything but the refrigerator/freezer, answering machine…of course I move the AC to 80 and lower the temp on the water heater). It really make a difference…a little difference.

So when you are done make sure you unplug your hair drier…maybe it will help keep ticket prices down (I guess this would be the same for in-room coffee makers, etc).

LOL… we noticed paper straws at AK… I totally forgot about that. I should say we were surprised they even had straws at all.

I loved Yak & Yeti… I was the only one…

Good to know about the hair dryer. I never leave mine plugged in anyway… but imagine how much we would save if we went around unplugging all the appliances we seldom use.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

[QUOTE=Daisee;852241]LOL… we noticed paper straws at AK… I totally forgot about that. I should say we were surprised they even had straws at all.

I loved Yak & Yeti… I was the only one…

Good to know about the hair dryer. I never leave mine plugged in anyway… but imagine how much we would save if we went around unplugging all the appliances we seldom use.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Daisee!

I read a Dept of Energy report that if we all would unplug our unused stuff (hair drier, phone chargers when not charging, computers, monitors, printers, home theater systems, etc) we would need 17 less power plants! After reading this I did a little experiment (over 4 months). I only plugged in stuff when I used it. My power bill dropped by more then half. It was just me (DW was away on business) I used the first and third months as controls. I guess it is called the trickle effect…amazing how much we waste.

I need to get back on to keeping unused stuff at home unplugged.

[QUOTE=tigger;852234]Ok so we had to use up our last day of our 3 day passes. We also need some time together…with about 40,000 other disney phanatics.

Stayed at the Pop. Of the values is our favorites.

Ate at; Yak and Yeti - Loved it, Pop food courty-thingy - good enough for late dinner and breakfast, brought meal replacements bars - you have to be kidding me…ok so I had one of the cookies on the way up to MCO.

Rode: EE, KRR, Safari, DINOSAUR. Feel like I’m missing something. Nope that is all. We had quality ride experience not quantity :laugh: Spent most of our time just walking around. We got soaked on KRR…took me 4 hours before I dried out.

Shows: Finding Nemo. Was ok…probably not going back. 20 minute version of the movie with puppets and songs. I feel they have a lot more to explore with some pretty well known characters but I guess it is more for the kids and Pixar did own it when it was built so they probably put the breaks on a lot of stuff to protect their property.

Parades: Jammin Jungle is always a favorite of ours. Still humming the songs today. Seems like they added a few new floats and a few more families since the last time I saw it.

Some changes we notice on this trip: Cardboard straws at AK! Tree of Life’s leaves are looking pretty old. Brazilians know a lot of chants and are very good at playing follow the flag. Pop is being taken over by rabbits over by the 70’s building (dozens of them…maybe they are the new lawn crew). A lot more Disney Security vehicles out and about. Our hair drier was unplugged*. The secret resort channel is gone!!! No more cartoons on a loop in the rooms (luckly I have most of those book marked in youTube so I can do my little sing along anyway).

We had a great day at WDW and then spent Sunday morning in Winter Park’s downtown. It was fun to explore and would recommend it if you are look for a break from the Resort (not a kid activity unless your kids like shopping or being bored).

• I don’t know if this is something that WDW is now doing (unplugging hair driers) but it would make sense. Just being plugged in a hair drier can consume 1 watt of power (not on just plugged in). Think about all the rooms they have (5760) and what that scales up to across the whole resort. That is a whole lot of wasted electricity. I only notice this because I unplug everything at home before I leave on a trip (everything but the refrigerator/freezer, answering machine…of course I move the AC to 80 and lower the temp on the water heater). It really make a difference…a little difference.

So when you are done make sure you unplug your hair drier…maybe it will help keep ticket prices down (I guess this would be the same for in-room coffee makers, etc).[/QUOTE]

Funny you mentioned that . . . last time we were there I noticed that too! My friend said to me, “bummer they took out the nightlight by the sink, I couldn’t see anything after I turned the lights out.” When I checked her hairdryer (nightlight is on the unit) it was unplugged as well . . . interesting concept!

I asked about the paper straws . . . they told me eventually all the parks will have them . . . for AK they are recyclable and not hazardous to the animals! :happy: Guest did not like the no straw rule, specially for the younger folks!

Sounds like you had a magical few days . . . short trips are ALWAYS fun!

I’m guilty of unplugging hairdryers in our resort rooms. I hate hotel dryers so I bring my own. Between my dryer and the cell phone charger we don’t have room for the night light/dryer in a regular room. I am guilty of leaving the bathroom light on all night in case my son has to get up. He’s legally blind and w/o his glasses he can’t see a thing so he needs more light than the blow dryer at night in a strange dark room.

Sounds like you had a great trip!

I like that concept of unplugging things when they aren’t in use. Good for Disney.
I wonder how long a paper straw lasts :confused:

Which Yak & Yeti did you like, sit down or counter service?

Same question for Daisee.

I am asking, because we did like the counter service a lot, but didn’t have a chance to try the sit down

[QUOTE=Dopey;852288]
Which Yak & Yeti did you like, sit down or counter service?

Same question for Daisee.

I am asking, because we did like the counter service a lot, but didn’t have a chance to try the sit down[/QUOTE]

We only tried the CS… had the Crispy Honey Chicken and rice. I thought it was yummy… Rlander… not so much.

Not very long. We’ve had to turn it over because the top became too soft and slimy.

Very cool not trip report Tigger.

I got into the habit of unplugging things because my neighbor told me how much energy it saved. Makes perfect sense to me. :slight_smile:

Ooo! I did not know this at all about unplugging stuff! I will have to think about that (pulling out chairs and couches all the time to get to the lamps’ power cords sounds kind of not worth it, but other things may be, like the toaster and coffee maker…).

Definitely the toaster and coffee maker, and your television too!

Ok because you are a friend I will tell you my secret…

I only do it 100% when I go on trips. I leave most stuff plugged in (TV, Home Theater, routers – I have freaking 3 --, etc). Toaster, blender, mixer, shaver, trimmer, chargers, etc all get unplugged after turning them off.

When I leave on a trip I unplug everything. It is part of my routine and if I don’t do it…I get a little nuts :blink:

My next house I’m going to set up so I can just throw a big switch like some evil scientist or may be a big futuristic red button in a glass cube box with yellow and black tape around it that says POWER DOWN on it (with a should effect of turbines whining downs). One point turn off everything I need to…

Oh and I’m getting a urinal too :laugh:

[QUOTE=tigger;852327]
My next house I’m going to set up so I can just throw a big switch like some evil scientist or may be a big futuristic red button in a glass cube box with yellow and black tape around it that says POWER DOWN on it (with a should effect of turbines whining downs). One point turn off everything I need to…

Oh and I’m getting a urinal too :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I loved the “not a trip report, trip report”…lol Thanks for sharing…love that you got to get away for a few days.

Aww Shucks Dana…it is just nice you posted here :flowers:

The sad news is this is probably going to be my last hurrah here…well for a while. My life is getting so crazy. We had this one day we had to spend at Disney to use up some one day pass…we got Disney ya’ll got a trip report.

Enjoy it while you can because this world is coming to an end :laugh:

I was off asian food for about 3 years…just didn’t have a taste for it. Drove DW crazy.

Anyway…I really liked Y&Y

[QUOTE=tigger;852371]

Enjoy it while you can because this world is coming to an end :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Umm, should I be afraid? Do you know something I don’t?:ph34r::ohmy::blink:

I was thrilled about the paper straws!! I hate drinking out of a cup without a straw when I am out- however I have no problem doing it at home!

:laugh:Maybe they can come out with paper lids now!! :laugh:

Stop that!

Thanks for sharing Tigger!