Tigger's Summer Nightastic ToT report

So as you might know Disney is doing a promo over the summer called “Summer Nightastic”. We already went to the MK to see the Nightastic fireworks so last night we headed to DHS to do ToT Nightastic.

Ok how the night started. For some reason DW fell into a very deep sleep Sunday afternoon. While she was sleeping I got all my stuff down around the house (washed and put away dishes, did a few loads of laundry, mowed the lawn, racked up some leaves, picked up branches, roundup’d weeds, dust mopped the house, researched contractors, and gave Soundgod and Mouseboss grief). I woke her up around 4ish and asked if she still wanted go to DHS which she replies “I don’t want to go Disney…let me sleep…can we just go some other time”. I informed her it was 4ish and that she had been sleeping for about 3 hours. “So? I would rather sleep then go all the way to Disney and (the rest isn’t really important)”.

Anyway she got up…she finished up some stuff she had to get done before heading out…and we got on the road about 6ish. We are in the car and she ask “you are pretty excited about this ToT overlay aren’t you”. I replied “What?! I’m doing this for you!”. To which the water she was drinking was coming out her nose.*

So after our snort trip over to DHS we park, ride the tram, go through the bag check, get to the gate and neither of our AP work…they let us in anyway.

It was crowded (lots of Brazilians ugg) but for the most part people were leaving.

We made some last minute reservations at Brown Derby. Then took a walk around the park. Rode Star Tours (blah) I guess they are shutting it down end of August to rehab it and install Star Tours version 2.0…hope it is better. ST is very long in the tooth.

Walked some more…did you know that if you pull the rope on the well outside of Indiana Jones a guy will talk to you. Don’t pull to much or you might knock him of the rope…did some shopping.

So our reservations are ready so we head over to Brown Derby and got seated right away. We shared the Chop Salad and Crab Cake appetizers finishing off dinner with a slice of Grapefruit cake.

Stomachs full of Chop Salad, Crab Cake, and Grapefruit cake we headed over to ToT. The lighting on the Tower is a little different (hard to explain). The D in Hollywood sparkles a little different. There is a little things like that on the Tower.

As we walked up a guy offered us his FP! We walked right on.

Ok the pre-show is no different but but but the ride is pretty much the same. You get in the elevator and it goes up and down. There is one change that is speculator in the ride…and I won’t spill until someone else does or Aug 24th when Nightastic. It is really kind of cool and I don’t want to ruin it for other heading to WDW during August.

Anyway the scariest part of the ride was the old guy gasping the whole ride. I though he might be having a heart attack (he looked late 70’s). I think his wife was trying to kill him!! Well that is his story at the end while he was laughing (BossMouse I think I meet future you).

Luckily we didn’t re-experancy our Brown Derby dinner but we did experience a great trip on an elevator into the Twilight Zone.

One last DHS Nightastic thing happening at DHS is Rock ‘n’ Glow Dance Party. This is a stage right under Hat. At night on the hours a cover band doing a lot of classic rock from the Kinks to the Aerosmith. Most of the songs have been Disneyfied (to clean up the lyrics). It is loud loud loud. You can hear it all the way out in the parking lot as well as most of outside parts of the park. Did I say it is loud? Kids seemed to like it, a lot of the older parents didn’t seem to be enjoying it as much. Anyway the guys in the band are great, really know their stuff, and are fun to watch.

Of all the Nightastic overlays I like the fireworks and parade at MK the best.

For all of you MB coming down in Aug plan on experiencing each of the Sumer Nightastic events. They are each a little special and will be going away Aug 24th.

• all of you know I worship the ground my wife walks on…it is true all of it.

[QUOTE=tigger;1041836]So as you might know Disney is doing a promo over the summer called “Summer Nightastic”. We already went to the MK to see the Nightastic fireworks so last night we headed to DHS to do ToT Nightastic.

Ok how the night started. For some reason DW fell into a very deep sleep Sunday afternoon. While she was sleeping I got all my stuff down around the house (washed and put away dishes, did a few loads of laundry, mowed the lawn, racked up some leaves, picked up branches, roundup’d weeds, dust mopped the house, researched contractors, and gave Soundgod and Mouseboss grief). I woke her up around 4ish and asked if she still wanted go to DHS which she replies “I don’t want to go Disney…let me sleep…can we just go some other time”. I informed her it was 4ish and that she had been sleeping for about 3 hours. “So? I would rather sleep then go all the way to Disney and (the rest isn’t really important)”.

Anyway she got up…she finished up some stuff she had to get done before heading out…and we got on the road about 6ish. We are in the car and she ask “you are pretty excited about this ToT overlay aren’t you”. I replied “What?! I’m doing this for you!”. To which the water she was drinking was coming out her nose.*

So after our snort trip over to DHS we park, ride the tram, go through the bag check, get to the gate and neither of our AP work…they let us in anyway.

It was crowded (lots of Brazilians ugg) but for the most part people were leaving.

We made some last minute reservations at Brown Derby. Then took a walk around the park. Rode Star Tours (blah) I guess they are shutting it down end of August to rehab it and install Star Tours version 2.0…hope it is better. ST is very long in the tooth.

Walked some more…did you know that if you pull the rope on the well outside of Indiana Jones a guy will talk to you. Don’t pull to much or you might knock him of the rope…did some shopping.

So our reservations are ready so we head over to Brown Derby and got seated right away. We shared the Chop Salad and Crab Cake appetizers finishing off dinner with a slice of Grapefruit cake.

Stomachs full of Chop Salad, Crab Cake, and Grapefruit cake we headed over to ToT. The lighting on the Tower is a little different (hard to explain). The D in Hollywood sparkles a little different. There is a little things like that on the Tower.

As we walked up a guy offered us his FP! We walked right on.

Ok the pre-show is no different but but but the ride is pretty much the same. You get in the elevator and it goes up and down. There is one change that is speculator in the ride…and I won’t spill until someone else does or Aug 24th when Nightastic. It is really kind of cool and I don’t want to ruin it for other heading to WDW during August.

Anyway the scariest part of the ride was the old guy gasping the whole ride. I though he might be having a heart attack (he looked late 70’s). I think his wife was trying to kill him!! Well that is his story at the end while he was laughing (BossMouse I think I meet future you).

Luckily we didn’t re-experancy our Brown Derby dinner but we did experience a great trip on an elevator into the Twilight Zone.

One last DHS Nightastic thing happening at DHS is Rock ‘n’ Glow Dance Party. This is a stage right under Hat. At night on the hours a cover band doing a lot of classic rock from the Kinks to the Aerosmith. Most of the songs have been Disneyfied (to clean up the lyrics). It is loud loud loud. You can hear it all the way out in the parking lot as well as most of outside parts of the park. Did I say it is loud? Kids seemed to like it, a lot of the older parents didn’t seem to be enjoying it as much. Anyway the guys in the band are great, really know their stuff, and are fun to watch.

Of all the Nightastic overlays I like the fireworks and parade at MK the best.

For all of you MB coming down in Aug plan on experiencing each of the Sumer Nightastic events. They are each a little special and will be going away Aug 24th.

• all of you know I worship the ground my wife walks on…it is true all of it.[/QUOTE]

IM so jealous that you can do the dishes then get up and go to disney… sounds like u had a great evening.

And we both work from home for ourselves so we can pick up and go almost anytime we want :ohmy:

Actually Disney has lost a lot of its magic. When you go as much as we do you start to see things that are hidden to the average vacationers.

I remember the feeling of excitement when you pass under the gate or stepping into a park or riding that favorite ride for the first time on a trip…yeah all that is gone. Count your blessings.

By the way we love living in central FLA. We just got bikes and have been doing a lot of trail riding. We found a great Church and we are active in a few social groups. There is so much to do in central FLA beyond Disney and we are just scratching the surface. Maybe I should start some TR on other stuff to do around central FLA beyond the park area (WDW/SW/U/I-drive)…hmmmmm.

[QUOTE=tigger;1041841]And we both work from home for ourselves so we can pick up and go almost anytime we want :ohmy:

Actually Disney has lost a lot of its magic. When you go as much as we do you start to see things that are hidden to the average vacationers.

I remember the feeling of excitement when you pass under the gate or stepping into a park or riding that favorite ride for the first time on a trip…yeah all that is gone. Count your blessings.

By the way we love living in central FLA. We just got bikes and have been doing a lot of trail riding. We found a great Church and we are active in a few social groups. There is so much to do in central FLA beyond Disney and we are just scratching the surface. Maybe I should start some TR on other stuff to do around central FLA beyond the park area (WDW/SW/U/I-drive)…hmmmmm.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you guys had a great time. We are toying with the idea of moving from N Fl. and going south. We just got back fro Port Saint Lucie, and it was ok. We love florida and said it would have to be central Fl on south,but not as far as Miami. We also own our own business. Sounds like you guys enjoy Orlando.

Sounds awesome!

Hmmmm…Now how do I get you to meet Dh and have a little housework training?

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1041853]Sounds awesome!

Hmmmm…Now how do I get you to meet Dh and have a little housework training?

Lisa[/QUOTE]

OK a little Tigger family marital thought:

To have a good marriage both need to give 100% to the other person. We don’t keep score on who does what. If it needs to get done it just gets done. WE ARE TEAM TIGGER!

Did they change the date? The last I saw it ended on the 14th of August. I hope it stays so we can see more of it!!

YOU might be right! Let me check (run off to disney site to check)…

… (pant pant pant) yes you are right. August 14th …DL ends August 23.

Sorry for the confusion.

[QUOTE=tigger;1041873]YOU might be right! Let me check (run off to disney site to check)…

… (pant pant pant) yes you are right. August 14th …DL ends August 23.

Sorry for the confusion.[/QUOTE]

Darn!! I was hoping you had the inside scoop that it was staying longer!!!

is your business teaching husbands how to… help out?

This is one of the drawbacks about not going in the summer months…I am a TOT junkie…this would’ve been right up my alley!!

I am going to be there over the weekend, I wasn’t even planning on going to DHS but I think I’d like to go now! Sounds like fun, and I want to know these ToT surprises.

I am working really hard for you to have good weather while you are here. The best I can do is HOT HOT HOT but probably not as hot as you have had it in NJ earlier this summer. I will put in for a short early evening show to cool it off for a great night for you.

Have fun!! And let me the first to tell welcome you back to Florida.

[QUOTE=tigger;1042958]I am working really hard for you to have good weather while you are here. The best I can do is HOT HOT HOT but probably not as hot as you have had it in NJ earlier this summer. I will put in for a short early evening show to cool it off for a great night for you.

Have fun!! And let me the first to tell welcome you back to Florida.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sam Eagle! :wub: You know I hate hot, but I’ll take Disney anytime. I think we’re spending one day in Typhoon Lagoon with my niece & SIL, then one day in MK.

The water park during the day will be great during the day but remember the sunscreen!! The sun has been brutal this summer.

Evenings have been wonderful…it has been cooling off around 8. Still humid…Have a great time and remember Vote early, Vote often, Vote Sam Eagle.

[QUOTE=tigger;1041862]OK a little Tigger family marital thought:

To have a good marriage both need to give 100% to the other person. We don’t keep score on who does what. If it needs to get done it just gets done. WE ARE TEAM TIGGER![/QUOTE]

Very wise Tigger:happy:

BTW…I didn’t know they have a well outside of the Indy show…I knew about the one in the queue for the ride at DL, but not this one. Now I gotta look for it next time…all the way in next year…blah:crying:

[QUOTE=tigger;1042962]The water park during the day will be great during the day but remember the sunscreen!! The sun has been brutal this summer.

Evenings have been wonderful…it has been cooling off around 8. Still humid…Have a great time and remember Vote early, Vote often, Vote Sam Eagle.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the sun - it’s MAD this summer!! I was wearing a 85 and reapplying hourly and still got BURNED :pinch:

The heat is doable, it just slows you down a bit. The waterparks are so fun, enjoy! (DDs are jealous, they want to go!)

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1042989]I agree about the sun - it’s MAD this summer!! I was wearing a 85 and reapplying hourly and still got BURNED :pinch:

The heat is doable, it just slows you down a bit. The waterparks are so fun, enjoy! (DDs are jealous, they want to go!)[/QUOTE]

I don’t now about you but I have been downing the water like crazy this summer…like crazy!

Haven’t been burnt yet but I try not to be outside midday…early morning and late afternoon for outdoors.

[QUOTE=tigger;1043001]I don’t now about you but I have been downing the water like crazy this summer…like crazy!

Haven’t been burnt yet but I try not to be outside midday…early morning and late afternoon for outdoors.[/QUOTE]

My NJ friend INSISTED we go to the beach! The water was like a bath tub, but the sun was intense.