Tiki's "Just got Back" TR

I started a new thread because I realized I didn’t add my name to the TR and have been trying to include pictures. Thanks to all who gave me info on doing that—hey! I think it worked!! I wanted to add pictures to catch up with the TR…

For some reason this photo is huge, sorry!This was the view out our hotel balcony of Tampa Bay. The tennis courts were just to the left. It was so hot and humid, I had to remember to let the lens adjust from the A/C to the humidity before I could record or take pictures.

DH and 4yoDS at Clearwater Beach, it was really windy and the waves were great! It was the little guy’s first time in the Ocean, he wasn’t too thrilled with being smacked down by the waves, but loved playing in the sand with his Dad.
The knome hunt at Vistana
I could have really used this contraption earlier on in the trip!! 15yrDS and 12yrDS at MK, finally not able to kill each other for once!
That should catch me up to where I left off in the TR and can now add the corresponding pictures…

Hey! great start. Now, let’s have the rest of it :biggrin:

Since we stayed at MK till midnight on the 12th, it was hard getting the troops up the next day, so we finally got to Epcot by noon. We only stayed until 3:30, mainly so 15yoDS could go on TT. We also got our free visa photo done with Mickey and Pluto. I hope this is the right Coke cool spot someone requested seeing…

Our car rental was up this day, so unfortunately, we had to stop what we were doing at WDW to return it, then took the ME back to POR. DHS was the EMH park this night, so we hopped on the bus and arrived among throngs of other late nighters to a packed park! Luckily, I had brought the stoller cover and umbrellas because there was an instant downpour by the time we got to ToT! It was 4yoDS first time (now that he is 40 in tall! yeah!) and he loved it! While we were in line for ToT, DH couldn’t find his wallet. He thought for sure he dropped it when we were trying to get out of the rain, so after the ride, we spent the next hour looking for it and contacting lost and found before heading back to the hotel. Turns out it was in the armoire thankfully! This wouldn’t be the last time DH would misplace something important on this trip! He does this on a daily basis at home, so I was not surprised.
All of us by the Socerer’s Hat before we were soaked like rats!
[/IMG] This is supposed to be a pic of the Hat in it’s full night time glory, but not sure what happened when I posted it…

On the 14th we got to AK by noon (again, hours later than I had hoped!). It was rainy and drizzly, so I pulled out the poncho early. The crowds seemed less and we were able to get on EE 3 times! We love that ride! The child swap went flawlessly. We took 4yoDS on Kali and he really liked it. 15yoDS and 12yoDS went on Primeval Whirl 3 times while we got pictures with Goofy and Pluto. To me, it seems like on this trip, throughout the 4 parks,we got our full fill of the main characters, but did not see many face ones. We ate at the Yak and Yeti CS and really liked it. The womens bathroom near the tables is not to be missed! Very clean and attractive. (I guess I was really into bathrooms on this trip, I even took pictures of the Vistana pool bathroom, it was the nicest I’d ever seen!). We also got a little taste of the Flametree and enjoyed that as well. I forgot to take pictures of what we ate, but made up for it later, as you’ll see when the TR progresses…
Before leaving AK, we stopped at a DVC kiosk, hoping to be wisked away by van to an open house, but it was too late, so we made an appt. for the next day–EARLY the next day-- (my brilliant plan) so everyone would finally be up and going! We finished our night by going to DD, which was completely bustling with people! After only half an hour, we called it a night and headed back to POR to get ready for a very busy next day.

Great TR so far. Sounds like a great trip. Can’t wait to see more pics.

Great you got the pics to work. Enjoying the TR.

Wow, that was quite a view from your Tampa Bay hotel.

A 15 year old, 12 year old and a 4 year old? I thought a 12 year old and 7 year old were difficult enough. May the force be with you. Hehehe.

Our busiest day was on the 15th. We were being picked up by the DVC van at 8:30am, so everyone was up and showering by 7am. On this trip, I was trying to get as much info from locals as I could about jobs, weather, housing etc (for a possible move in 5 yrs)… and struck up a conversation with the DVC van driver. She was more than happy to explain how she grows her own pineapple, and then after dropping us off, she came up to us with a tupperware container of her pineapple for us to try! So nice of her. It was very good.
The younger boys went into the childcare in the DVC building, while our older DS sat in on the guide’s explaination of the DVC and tour. Unfortunately, DH was still not sold on it, but we all enjoyed the ice cream parlor after and thanked our guide for the fast passes. We were then dropped off at DHS, only to find it packed again. It was our last chance for DH and 15yoDS to try the new Toy Story ride, but no luck–the fast passes were sold out for it, so our instant fast passes could not be used. The older boys went on RnR and then we left for MK.

It was 1pm and MK was packed as well and blazing hot and humid. The family was getting cranky from the heat and from waking up so early, so after using the fast passes on SM (my favorite!), I reluctantly agreed to take a break back to the hotel. I had made plans to meet Casey on Main St at 3pm, and now regret not staying at MK myself, but I called Casey to apologize for not being able to meet. It was EMH at MK that night (till 2am!) and we still had Chef Mickey’s to look forward to, so it probably was best to get a break in and be more rested. Back at POR, the older boys slept while DH, 4yoDS and I went on the riverboat to see POFQ. I loved the mansions along the way! I can see why so many like to stay there. And the FQ lobby and open area by the pool was lovely with the iron gates and narrow “streets”.

So now it was time to go to the much anticipated dinner at Chef Mickey’s! The boys love this place (unlimited chocolate milk!), it was the highlight of the trip for 15yoDS. We were seated in the section behind the dessert buffet, and had numerous characters right away. 4yoDS really got into them signing their autographs, but we didn’t have a book for him that night, so they signed my notepad. The next day we got him his own pen and book and he just loved getting every character he saw to sign it, it was so worth it.
The boys were bummed that Chip and Dale were not there like 2 yrs ago, but we had a fun time, twirling our napkins and all.

After 2 hrs at Chef Mickey’s, we took the monorail to MK and had a blast going on all the rides. We all went on SM for the first time and little guy loved it as well as BTMR. We ended up staying all the way until 2am, we CLOSED the place!
It would be another busy day to tackle on the 16th, so more on that later with some fun pictures of how we spent our final day as a family together…

[QUOTE=lovemysons;875456]Wow, that was quite a view from your Tampa Bay hotel.

A 15 year old, 12 year old and a 4 year old? I thought a 12 year old and 7 year old were difficult enough. May the force be with you. Hehehe.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I loved the view. But it was funny…we had just bought a new videocamera before we left and I went out on the balcony to record the view and the lens immediately fogged up. Panicked, I called to DH “Something’s wrong with the camera!” and he patiently told me that I had to let it (and our regular camera too) acclamate from the a/c in the room to the humidity outside! Once I did that, we got some great shots. :laugh:

Oh, and about the boy’s ages…we also have an 18yr old DS who stayed at home. Yesterday was our 3rd son’s bday, so now we have 3 teens!! :eek: I am sooo glad we have a little one to enjoy again!

I love the view of from the Tampa hotel too. I just love palm trees, I wish they grew in NJ. :frown:
Three teen boys, you have a heafty food bill!
Sounds like a great trip, looking forward to reading more.

I absolutely love all your photos and have been enjoying your TR very much. You have a beautiful family.:happy:

Can’t wait for more! BTW, I have 3 teen boys myself. :happy:

[QUOTE=tiki;875650]yeah, I loved the view. But it was funny…we had just bought a new videocamera before we left and I went out on the balcony to record the view and the lens immediately fogged up. Panicked, I called to DH “Something’s wrong with the camera!” and he patiently told me that I had to let it (and our regular camera too) acclamate from the a/c in the room to the humidity outside! Once I did that, we got some great shots. :laugh:

Oh, and about the boy’s ages…we also have an 18yr old DS who stayed at home. Yesterday was our 3rd son’s bday, so now we have 3 teens!! :eek: I am sooo glad we have a little one to enjoy again![/QUOTE]

Haha, the same thing kept happening to me with my camera, finally I realized what was happening.

YIKES! 3 teenagers!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;875725]I absolutely love all your photos and have been enjoying your TR very much. You have a beautiful family.:happy:

Can’t wait for more! BTW, I have 3 teen boys myself. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to threadjack, but, yikes to you too! :laugh: Grocery bills must be unbelievable.

It’s soo true! I thought it was a joke about teen boys and how much they eat, but it really happens! $50 worth of groceries is an after school snack for them. Luckily, the oldest works at a restaurant, so sometimes he eats there. But it gets even worse when they have friends over, we’ll go thru 5 frozen pizzas in 30 minutes!

So true! I wish we had a Dining Plan for when we are going out to dinner at home too!:laugh::laugh:

Oh dear, I feel your pain. Not only do I have 2 big almost 15 year olds, I also get some of their friends on a daily basis. My food bill has grown to nearly 2000. per month. It is unreal.

Ok, back to the trip report.

So now on to the day of the 16th–when DH and 15yrDS flew home and 12yoDS’s friends flew in…complicated, I know!

Just when we were getting familiar with POR, it was time to check out. We were deciding whether to have lunch at WPcafe at DD or have the Kitchen Sink instead–the ice cream won out, of course. When we were storing our bags at POR, DH realized he didn’t have his phone (remember the wallet incident earlier?), but couldn’t remember if he had packed it with his carryon (now stored at POR) or if he left it in the room. He asked the hotel to contact housekeeping if they found it, and went ahead with our day, hoping to get a call about the phone. It’s a Blackberry and his lifeline, so once again we were on edge worrying about where it might be…
I had heard about a walkway from Epcot to BC (I now know that going to DHS and then taking the boat is a faster, more direct way, where you don’t have to go thru bag security or use your ticket to enter a park). it was a 10min walk thru Epcot, once thru the international gateway, we ended up taking the boat, but mistakenly got off at BW, and with the high temps, by the time we walked all the way around to finally find Beaches N Cream, we were disgustingly hot and tired! It was a 45 min wait, so had time to cool off and enjoyed seeing the pool area, it was amazing! The ship by the BC pool at Stormalong Bay

The DVC guide had recommended the burgers at BnC, so we ordered one to split and the Kitchen Sink, just as they make it, no alterations (I’m really not a fan of whipped cream with ice cream, but wanted to experience it the way it comes)

Going… Going… Still going…looks digusting, but still good! almost gone… As close as we could get!!
Our server told us that if you eat the whole thing by yourself in under an hour, it’s free! (Yeah, but the stomach pump at the hospital afterwards costs $500!!) For those who aren’t familiar with it, it’s 8 gigantic scoops (even we were sceptical, thinking we’d polish it off in seconds) of vanilla, choc, strawberry, mint and coffee (the kids didn’t enjoy getting an unexpected bite of this flavor!) ice cream, toppings including marshmallow, peanut butter, fudge, hershey’s syrup, caramel, oreo cookies, pound cake, snickers, jimmies, a cup of cherriees and much more that I can’t remember…and a whole can of whipped cream!!!it was unbelievably good! There are flashing lights and the servers announce when someone is having it. it was so worth the wait and the money. It was one of our favorite (if not THE favorite) memories of our trip!! I’d recommend it to everyone. Plus I had wanted to see the BW and BC resorts, so it worked out perfectly.

Our last day as a family at WDW was quickly over, we had just enough time to get back to POR, try to find DHs phone (it was thankfully in his carry on bag) and hop on the ME to MCO. Even though only 2 of us were flying out, we went as a family so that we could pick up 12yoDS’s friend. The flights in and out were an hour delayed, but it all worked out fine. We found his friend and got back on the ME to head to ASMo to check in.
We arrived a little late to go to a park, so we got something to eat, went swimming and got to bed to be ready to finally wake up early and get to a park before opening!!
to be continued…

[QUOTE=tiki;875814]So now on to the day of the 16th–when DH and 15yrDS flew home and 12yoDS’s friends flew in…complicated, I know!

Just when we were getting familiar with POR, it was time to check out. We were deciding whether to have lunch at WPcafe at DD or have the Kitchen Sink instead–the ice cream won out, of course. When we were storing our bags at POR, DH realized he didn’t have his phone (remember the wallet incident earlier?), but couldn’t remember if he had packed it with his carryon (now stored at POR) or if he left it in the room. He asked the hotel to contact housekeeping if they found it, and went ahead with our day, hoping to get a call about the phone. It’s a Blackberry and his lifeline, so once again we were on edge worrying about where it might be…
I had heard about a walkway from Epcot to BC (I now know that going to DHS and then taking the boat is a faster, more direct way, where you don’t have to go thru bag security or use your ticket to enter a park). it was a 10min walk thru Epcot, once thru the international gateway, we ended up taking the boat, but mistakenly got off at BW, and with the high temps, by the time we walked all the way around to finally find Beaches N Cream, we were disgustingly hot and tired! It was a 45 min wait, so had time to cool off and enjoyed seeing the pool area, it was amazing! The ship by the BC pool at Stormalong Bay

The DVC guide had recommended the burgers at BnC, so we ordered one to split and the Kitchen Sink, just as they make it, no alterations (I’m really not a fan of whipped cream with ice cream, but wanted to experience it the way it comes)

Going… Going… Still going…looks digusting, but still good! almost gone… As close as we could get!!
Our server told us that if you eat the whole thing by yourself in under an hour, it’s free! (Yeah, but the stomach pump at the hospital afterwards costs $500!!) For those who aren’t familiar with it, it’s 8 gigantic scoops (even we were sceptical, thinking we’d polish it off in seconds) of vanilla, choc, strawberry, mint and coffee (the kids didn’t enjoy getting an unexpected bite of this flavor!) ice cream, toppings including marshmallow, peanut butter, fudge, hershey’s syrup, caramel, oreo cookies, pound cake, snickers, jimmies, a cup of cherriees and much more that I can’t remember…and a whole can of whipped cream!!!it was unbelievably good! There are flashing lights and the servers announce when someone is having it. it was so worth the wait and the money. It was one of our favorite (if not THE favorite) memories of our trip!! I’d recommend it to everyone. Plus I had wanted to see the BW and BC resorts, so it worked out perfectly.

Our last day as a family at WDW was quickly over, we had just enough time to get back to POR, try to find DHs phone (it was thankfully in his carry on bag) and hop on the ME to MCO. Even though only 2 of us were flying out, we went as a family so that we could pick up 12yoDS’s friend. The flights in and out were an hour delayed, but it all worked out fine. We found his friend and got back on the ME to head to ASMo to check in.
We arrived a little late to go to a park, so we got something to eat, went swimming and got to bed to be ready to finally wake up early and get to a park before opening!!
to be continued…[/QUOTE]

We got the same thing. After 10 min it was one big pile of mush good though.

TR continued…I know the trip is two weeks old by now, but I hope MBers still enjoy it

8/17-- So now that DH and 15yrDS had flown home, it was me and 3 kids :eek: (12yoDS, his friend and 4yoDS). We really liked our first night at ASMo, swimming and having dinner. We went in the smaller pool in the Mighty Ducks area, where our room was. At first I thought our room would be too far from the lobby, but we were close to the Music busses and a pool that wasn’t crowded, so that was a plus.
4yoDS jumping on the beds, his favorite thing to do at any hotel! He calls ASMo “The Dog Hotel” because we stayed in the Dalmation section last fall.

I managed to get them all up early and we actually got to DHS by 8:50am!!! The first time ever that I have arrived at a park before opening! The only way this happened though was because I thought it was EMH!! :laugh: I didn’t actually see the rope drop (if there is one at DHS?) but I felt pretty good about being there so early.

As soon as it opened, people literally started running to the Toy Story ride! I couldn’t believe it! It was true Midway Mania! Grown adults running, dragging their kids behind them! We made a fast walking pace (mainly because the stroller wheel had fallen off a week earlier while we were at Universal and was now being held on by a plastic baggy wedged in the wheel) and by the time we got to the ride at 9:10, the fast pass time was already at 11:30am! We stood in line to get them and also use our instant fast passes from the DVC. I guess the guy behind me was miffed that I got so many passes, because the guy next to me apologized for his rude comment (which I was thankful I didn’t hear). I didn’t see a problem with us using our passes, we had been to DHS 3 times before this trying to get on this ride.

We all enjoyed it, it was so well done! I was thinking it was going to be another version of Buzz Lightyear, but it was completely different. My arm hurt from pulling the popper by the end of it! I tried to record it for DH and my older son who missed out, but with all the spinning it will probably just make them sick when they watch it! :laugh:
We all went on ToT. This was the little guy’s second time on it, and he didn’t want me to hold on to him. It was pretty loud at times, so he covered his ears when he could. I have a great picture, but it keeps posting too big…

it was blazing hot and sunny again, but we kept trudging along, broken stroller and all. We saw many characters by the Hat, but it seemed there were larger groups of them, and some not signing, only pictures, like Jafar and the Evil Queen.
The older boys went to see the Stunt show, while I took Teage to see what characters were in the Animation area-- just a couStunt showpleearlier days 15yoDs and I were talking about how we have never seen Sorcerer Mickey–and there he was! It was sooo cool! Teage about came out of his skin! We also saw Frozone, a new one for us. The older boys split off again, and Teage and I watched the Block Party Bash, other than the cool trampoline stunts, I preferred the previous Stars and Cars parade much better.
We left DHS at 5:30pm. It was EMH at MK that night so we recharged by going back to ASMo for pizza and swimming. We got to MK at about 8:30pm. I just have to share something funny that Teage, the 4 yo said…we were leaving Toontown, passing by the Tomorrowland speedway when I said “Oh, what is the horrible smell, it smells like the garbage cans are kept around here” and Teage said with a serious face “Maybe the castle farted”!!
We ended up staying until 3am, granted it took until 2am for the park to empty out, but it was worth staying so late…that is, until the EMH hangover kicked in the next morning!! :eek:

Loving your TR. Fabulous pics!

Lovin’ the TR! Wow meeting Frozon would be cool! We’ve never seen him either. We have only met the Evil Queen once and that was at MNSSHP in 2005. That is cool that we may be able to find her at DHS.