Tim Burton... Maleficent?

Has this been posted? I searched and nothing came up.

Article:
[B]Tim Burton’s all over Maleficent[/B]

Plenty of people are creeped out over the notion of what director Tim Burton can spew out with his upcoming March 5th release of the popular tale of Alice in Wonderland. Be prepared to be possibly disturbed even more as Ain’t It Cool News reports that [B]Tim Burton is eyeballing Sleeping Beauty, but in the form of Maleficent. The director wants to tell the story from the evil sorcerer’s point of view of the entire story of Sleeping Beauty[/B], which reminds me instantly of the Disney storybooks that tell the original story, one from the point of view of the hero and the other from the villain with the same conclusion but giving a slightly more sympathetic viewpoint.

Burton was set to helm the remake of Dark Shadows, a cult film made in the late 60s that’s a gothic soap opera that showcases many horror monsters. Since Maleficent is coming to light, and could be going on the fast track if things pick up well for it, then don’t expect this remake anytime soon.

Source: Killer Film

It’s still rumor at this point. Dark Shadows is still listed on his IMDB, and Maleficent isn’t mentioned at all. But I’m ALL for this.

Oh gosh, that would be uh-maaaazzzzz-ing! Sleeping Beauty has always been my favorite Disney movie & Meleficent is just purely wicked. A story from her POV would be neat to see.

Right?! If he goes through with it, I hope he does it justice. It sounds like it would be creeping into Wicked territory…

I’m calling it: Helena Bonham Carter as Maleficent. You just know he would.

But I swear, if Burton figures out a way to work Johnny Depp in there, me and him are done professionally.

Oh I just adore the villains!! :heart: I would love to see Burton take a stab at it.

You don’t think JD would make a pretty prince? Although I doubt he’d want that mundane a part. Maybe there would be some nice juicy role for him as an evil henchman for Maleficent?

I thought “Dark Shadows” was Cap’n Jacks…er Johnny Depps baby? It was said somewhere that he enlisted Burton to direct. Depp is to play Barnabas Collins (no relation to me) . Depp has always been fascinated with this show.
On the other hand if Burton is looking at re-doing another Disney classic, then alright!!!:pirate:

He always works his girlfriends into this projects. I would love to see it!

[QUOTE=WALL;1014012]I thought “Dark Shadows” was Cap’n Jacks…er Johnny Depps baby? It was said somewhere that he enlisted Burton to direct. Depp is to play Barnabas Collins (no relation to me) . Depp has always been fascinated with this show.
On the other hand if Burton is looking at re-doing another Disney classic, then alright!!!:pirate:[/QUOTE]

Yes…Dark Shadows is next.

Wow. Dark Shadows. I remember rushing home after school when I was a little girl to watch that after school.

THAT was a million years ago. Can’t believe it still holds fascination for anyone. Perhaps with the popularity of vampires?

[QUOTE=ddoll;1014037]Wow. Dark Shadows. I remember rushing home after school when I was a little girl to watch that after school.

THAT was a million years ago. Can’t believe it still holds fascination for anyone. Perhaps with the popularity of vampires?[/QUOTE]

I liked the 90’s one when I was younger.

[QUOTE=WALL;1014012]I thought “Dark Shadows” was Cap’n Jacks…er Johnny Depps baby? It was said somewhere that he enlisted Burton to direct. Depp is to play Barnabas Collins (no relation to me) . Depp has always been fascinated with this show.
On the other hand if Burton is looking at re-doing another Disney classic, then alright!!!:pirate:[/QUOTE]

According to Harry at Ain’t It Cool (and a few other places), Dark Shadows is possibly hitting some stumbling blocks and could be put on hold. If Maleficent gets the green light (quicker than DS), it could jump in the lead.

I would really enjoy seeing that. I do admit that I have a MAJOR crush on the Evil Queen though. Maybe they can do a movie from her view.

Depp has been kicking this idea around for sometime now, I too would guess if they have a better offer for another project , he would keep it (DS) on the back burner and go with better one. Either way I still think that both will be great … Yes , I am a Burton Homer… and Depp too! :pirate:

I would LOVE to see that done!! Would be a nice twist on the classic story.

I have never even heard of this “Dark Shadows” story. What was it?

A super natural soap opera. Dark Shadows - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There was also a short lived series in 1991…thats the one I watched.

So I just saw on TV Jonny Depp IS in the new Alice In Wonerland Movie! He plays the Madd Hatter. It looks very creepy. It’s out March 3d.

Tim Burton has left the project. Tim Burton Drops Maleficent - ComingSoon.net

i hope dark shadows is still being made i loved this when it was on … the original i never saw the remake…

According to Johnny Depp’s IMDb, he’s filming Dark Shadows
Johnny Depp - IMDb

Angelina Jolie’s though has her as in pre-production for Cleopatra. Hmm not sure how I feel about THAT since I love Elizabeth Taylor. :glare:

I’d love to see Maleficent though if it was done right…

So are they going with the “wicked” vibe on this? The “other” side of the story? Is she “misunderstood”?