As of today Southwestern $1897.60:eek:
Jetblue $1676.80:ohmy:
AirTran $1421.60:blink:
Thats for the four of us, not including baggage I know all
three’s requirements for those. Is $400+ more for nonstop
worth it? Airtran is one stop each way of less than an hour
worth it? Or do you think I should wait? They know they
have you in thier hands going down two days before Christmas
I think its $279+ coming home its just $114+.
Comments please and I thank you kindly

Oh boy, why don’t you consult a travel agent Franco? I always feel better with someone who’s experienced and has more insight. I bet a reputable agent will help you out :wink:

I hate playing the airline game, I never know when to buy or what will end up being a good deal. We do avoid anything but non-stop at all costs, I worry enough about delays w/o adding extra stops.

Ouch!:pinch: Thats a bundle.

Are you set on your dates? Sometimes if you fly on certain dates it is cheaper, I believe Tuesday & Thursdays. Sometimes you can check out the rates on the websites to see if there is big difference then it might be worth flying in a day earlier. Just a thought…

(This is one of the reasons why we drive now):closedeye

Franco -

give me your to and from info and I’ll take a peek and see if I can’t find something cheaper for you.

Did you get the Airtran $25 voucher? If you have 4 differnet emal addresses you can get $25 off EACH passenger…we ended up getting our flight down on Dec 13th for a TOTAL of $204.00 for all 4 of us after i used 4 vouchers!!!

Thats such a great price. in 2007 I was able to do 5 people RT from philly for $525

My dates are Dec 23-31 from Boston (logan)
to Orlando (mco)

[QUOTE=Franco54;990837]My dates are Dec 23-31 from Boston (logan)
to Orlando (mco)[/QUOTE]

We were in the same situation when we went for christmas in 2006. We were even thinking of driving but ruled it out knowing how the weather can be in Dec.

We flew and paid the price.

The only thing we regreted till this day is not staying for New Years and leaving on the 2nd.

You may want to consider that if possible.

CC Da boys are already missing a few days of school
on the front side of our trip, I was always the one
who said the heck with school but now the boss says
no more.:laugh: And its the flight down $279.00 give
or take:eek: the flight home is just $114.00+.:blink:

You know, I keep hearing how airline flights are low this year, what a crock. Last time I checked SW they wanted over 1100 for the 4 of us. I think you need to pick the price you are comfortable with, and then pull the trigger. The time of year you are flying makes it difficult. :frowning:

check out bing.com…they predict whether or not the price of any given flight will go up or down in the next 6 months and advise you when to buy. havent used it yet, but I hear it is pretty cool. Good luck.

I did sign up with Bing Travel why not its free:happy:
It looks pretty cool you can have them alert you daily
or other options. I think I will wait awhile or at least
until I wake up sweating in the middle of the night
worrying about airfare.:laugh:

Good luck, Franco! Buying the airfare is always my least favorite part of trip planning for me, I live in fear I will buy too soon and have the rates go down by a ton of $$ the day after or wait too long and end up paying a bundle. Ugh!

I would go for the non-stop though especially because you are flying in December. I wouldn’t want to take a chance that weather could throw you off from catching a connecting flight somewhere.

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;990899]Good luck, Franco! Buying the airfare is always my least favorite part of trip planning for me, I live in fear I will buy too soon and have the rates go down by a ton of $$ the day after or wait too long and end up paying a bundle. Ugh!

I would go for the non-stop though especially because you are flying in December. I wouldn’t want to take a chance that weather could throw you off from catching a connecting flight somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Thats good advice!(about the non-stop.)

It was said before, but I would pay more for the non-stop. With kids its much easier and less stressful.

Well I pulled the trigger:ohmy: Let me show you all
these numbers. First a shout out to the cowanfamily
for the tip on bing travel even though I did not use
them it is kind of cool.
As of September 22nd…
Air Tran (from Bing Travel) $1781.60 + $15 first bag/$25 second:eek::ohmy:
JetBlue’s website…$2116.80 + $30.00 2nd bag:eek::ohmy::eek::ohmy:
Southwest’s website from Boston to Mco $1957.00 free bags:eek::ohmy:
Southwest website from Providence RI $1244.80 free bags. This is the one.
Plus the top three all have stops. No stops out of Providence:happy:
Example…Jetblue out of Boston $359.60 Jetblue out of Orlando $169.60
Southwest out of Providence $191.00 out of Orlando $99.00
I can park at TG Green airport for $15.00 per day ($120.00) we will see
on that, but I think I did pretty good I don’t see (what do I know) prices
going down that much.

I think you made a wise choice. I keep reading that flights will not be coming down, and if anything they are just going to go up. TF Green is a pleasure to fly in and out of!

Just for future reference, you should check out Yapta: Track Prices - Cheap Flights, Discount Hotels, Cheap Airline Tickets, Travel Deals

Their website indicates that “If the price of your airline ticket drops below what you paid, Yapta will alert you when you’re eligible for a refund from the airline.” They also track hotel rates & availability as well as airfare drops…

[QUOTE=papa bear;994419]Just for future reference, you should check out Yapta: Track Prices - Cheap Flights, Discount Hotels, Cheap Airline Tickets, Travel Deals

Their website indicates that “If the price of your airline ticket drops below what you paid, Yapta will alert you when you’re eligible for a refund from the airline.” They also track hotel rates & availability as well as airfare drops…[/QUOTE]

That’s what I’d like explained- several times over the past two years I have purchased tickets on several carriers (Airtran and UsAir) where the price went down after I purchased. In order to give you a refund (Airtran and UsAir), you must pay a change of ticket fee which is $150 each ticket. So, obviously, these are airline rules. It seems that on these carriers if you purchase an economy class ticket, you will not see any refund unless your ticket price is reduced by at least $150…

By the way- I think $1244 is a good price Franco- we always travel Christmas week and it’s been hard to predict what the prices are going to do.