Tip for securing a FP

Hmmm, not sure about this. We usually hit rope drop but I could see this getting out of control. Poor kids pulled out of bed in the middle of the night on vacate for a FP tic. idk, I could see the advantages and disadvantages. Thoughts?

…Disney clearly has learned from those days and has implemented a FastPass system that doesn’t involve putting on your track shoes. Guests are asked to line up along the right side of the main entrance to Hollywood Studios and the tickets are distributed to the queue. There is no need to rush past your neighbors when you get inside because you must have one of the tickets to receive a celebrity FastPass.

The published rules on the Star Wars Weekends map state that each guest may receive one FastPass – and you have to be present to receive the special ticket. In other words, one person cannot get celebrity autograph FastPasses for everyone in his or her group. After all the FastPasses are distributed for the day, a limited number of stand-by tickets will be issued. These tickets do not guarantee autographs, but they are offered in case a celebrity has time after the FastPass holders have had their turns.

So, how early do you have to hit the concrete for the golden tickets? Several cast members I spoke with advised guests to be in line between 5 and 6 a.m. for the park opening at 8 a.m. Earlier is better, they emphasized. They recalled one guest who camped out 44 hours before the first day of Star Wars Weekends. That certainly guaranteed the guest a FastPass, but it’s not necessary, they said.

Tips for securing celebrity autographs at Disney’s Star Wars Weekends (All Ears® Guest Blog)

I have to agree with you. I think it was fine the way it was. Maybe it’s just something new they are trying. You know they are always evolving and trying new things. Some work, other don’t. Hopefully, this is one that doesn’t stick.