Tipping Housekeeping

What is the current going rate for housekeeping tips?

I don’t know what the “going rate” is, but generally, we leave $4 or $5 each day. ( There are four of us, so we figure $1 per person.)

We always leave $3 per day

The conventional standard has been 1-2 dollars per person each day (for us, we usually leave $5 each morning).

Although, I have nothing good to say about MouseKeeping on our last trip. I had to remake the bed on two different nights…

I usually just leave $20 and a thank you note.

We leave $5 a day and there are 2 of us.

$3 - $5 a day is the usual tip for any houskeeper regarding resort lodging. I start with $3 and if the houskeeper/mousekeeper tends to do a bang up job, then I may leave more on the following days of my stay.

Excellent question b/c i was wondering the same thing. Thanks for all the answers.

We usualy leave around $4 a day, $1 for each person in the room. One time, we did start leaving extra because the cleaning and additional touches were lovely by the same housekeeper but then we found another taking over and not doing as good but pocketing the extra. You might not always get the same person each day so we usually keep the one flat rate to keep it fair.

We hook them up. The boys usually leave 3 mismatched socks.
I’ll leave 1/2 a can of warm beer on the night stand and an unopened can of who-hash.

I usually leave $3 a day and then a larger amount on the last day.

I usually leave $5 per day for every day that we don’t leave the Do Not Disturb sign out and we leave it on check out day.
But they really don’t need to do much to keep our room clean as we don’t have kids and pick up after ourselves anyway. We also get fresh towels every 2 or 3 days.

What’s the sugestionfor DVC members who do not get mousekeeping services every day but only see a housekeeper three or four times in a two week stay and two of those are trash & towel restock days??

I leave the aforementioned tip each time they come by.

I always leave 3 - 5 dollars per day. Depends on how bad the room is. I use to leave the tip at the end of the stay, but we would get different CM’s cleaning and I do not know how they split up the tips. And if we had the same CM most of the stay I did not know if she would see any of it.

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;1005903]The conventional standard has been 1-2 dollars per person each day (for us, we usually leave $5 each morning).

Although, I have nothing good to say about MouseKeeping on our last trip. I had to remake the bed on two different nights…[/QUOTE]

Our housekeeping this trip was non existent. For the first time I left no tip.

We usually leave $3-5 per day.

We keep the room very neat and I always make the beds before we hit the parks so there really isn’t a lot left to do. Most of the time I can tell mousekeeping touched up the beds I already made but that’s truly all they have to do besides leave clean towels.

We generally leave between $3- $5 per day.Its usually just the two of us.We also make up our own bed(our OCD):laugh:

I didn’t know you were supposed to tip…
Oops
That would explain why by day 3 our room always looks like it hasn’t been touched.

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1006023]I didn’t know you were supposed to tip…
Oops
That would explain why by day 3 our room always looks like it hasn’t been touched.[/QUOTE]

They has never been a rule that you must tip. We don’t travel aside from disney, but the few times I’ve stayed at other hotels for a day or two, I’ve never tipped.

I believe most people feel if we are expected to tip 18 or 20 percent on a hundred meal that took 20 mins to deliver to your table, we can leave a couple of dollars for the person who cleans our room. As least that my thoughts.

When we stay at POP, we were leave 3 dollars a day for the 2 of us. Now at a DVC, I would leave 5 on the days they replace the towels and such and 10 for a full cleaning day.