Tipping in a Disney cruise

I read the passporter this weekend and it said to tip everyone at the end. Is that right?!?!?! How does that go for the servers? The book also said that we will have 3 servers.

Please note that the title should read “Tipping ON a Disney Cruise” My mind is scattered all over today:laugh:

You will get these little envelopes and a sheet delivered to your stateroom, explaining the tipping process! They give you guidelines and all that! You put the money in the envelopes and hand them to your servers on your last evening meal! You can hand your maid the envelope, or just leave it out where he or she can see it!

We like to personally hand each envelope and thank each person individually, because they all reaal do become like family to you!!:smile::mickey:

[QUOTE=Amelia’s Man;878368]You will get these little envelopes and a sheet delivered to your stateroom, explaining the tipping process! They give you guidelines and all that! You put the money in the envelopes and hand them to your servers on your last evening meal! You can hand your maid the envelope, or just leave it out where he or she can see it!

We like to personally hand each envelope and thank each person individually, because they all reaal do become like family to you!!:smile::mickey:[/QUOTE]

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the help. So on the first and second nights they know not to look for a tip on the table or should we leave one then too?

How many servers get the tips?

Oh, you don’t tip on ANY night until the end of your cruise! If you order drinks at any of the bars or clubs on board, you can leave a small tip then, but you are not obligated to do so!

If I remember correctly, you get 4 envelopes:

Stateroom Host/Hostess

Dining Room Head Server

Dining Room Server

Dining Room Assistant Server (Drinks)

Yeah, you don’t have to tip until the end of the cruise, and gratuity is usually added up for you. It’s really simple.

However, you can tip bartenders. It’s not mandatory, but if you spend a good bit of time there, it’s probably a good idea. :laugh:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;878396]Yeah, you don’t have to tip until the end of the cruise, and gratuity is usually added up for you. It’s really simple.

However, you can tip bartenders. It’s not mandatory, but if you spend a good bit of time there, it’s probably a good idea. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Im not a big drinker UNLESS the kids drive me nuts and I want to throw them overboard:laugh: ONLY KIDDING!! I really wont be drinking on this trip:blush:

You can also pre-pay for your gratuities prior to leaving (one less thing to worry about) or pay with your onboard account by going to guest services on the ship - the cash free way! :mickey:

I did read that in the passporter. Im pretty sure I plan on doing the onbaord account thing with the tips. It gives me a budget:closedeye

Your servers follow you on your restaurant rotation, so only one set of servers to tip.

Thats awesome. I guess you get to know the servers pretty well:happy:

That’s one of the things I really missed on NCL Alaska cruise last year. It works well.

I think its something like $10 per person per day- you figure that into your budget and then what I do is pay it at the desk and they give you little ticket things to put in the envelopes. You have a main server, a beverage server and the one who is in charge of the entire room. Then you also have the room steward who if you are lucky will be your best ally on a great trip. Alcohol is always tipped seperate

Thanks for the info!! I bought the passporter book and it give some really good info. I guess I will just plan the tip thing into the daily expense. Thanks again.

You have the option to tip as you see fit too :slight_smile: They just give you guidelines on how much. Honestly, I thought their guidelines were a bit high but to each their own! I tipped more for the people that exceded my expectations - less for the lady that we had to wait 15 min and finally asked another server for drink refills (happened 2 nights) after she saw we had refills she stopped and asked if we needed anything LOL! Nope not now!Even though it is Disney, I think cm’s should still earn a tip. Just being there and doing the very least necessary to keep your job doesn’t cut it for me. I know the pay is not high but if you choose the job… do it well … and you will be noticed.
imo…
Zoey
Zoey

Everyone should be aware that 100% of compensation for Stateroom Hosts and Hostesses, and Dining Staff is from your tips. Many other cruises factor the rates referred to above as “rather high” into your fare. The Disney way is for you to exercise good judgement and recognize those service providers for extraordinarily good – and less than satisfactory – performance. I believe that’s why you find that most – if not almost all – of the service providers on DCL are committed to creating a truly magical experience for each guest. The ones that receive substandard tips don’t last long on DCL.