TIW and valet?

If I had my car valet parked @ a resort and ate at a TIW restaurant, will I still get my valet free.
I was thinking of parking @ Boardwalk and eat @ Brown Derby, then go back and enjoy the Boardwalk.
Thoughts??
Frank

We all know that technically the Boardwalk valet is for Boardwalk activities. We use the TIW/Valet option whenever we go there. It is a great otion as TIW card holders. Would they really know you were going to the BD at HS… no. But they might get suspicious if they see you drop your car off and then walk down to the BW bus stop.

And they would check the receipt and notice it’s from Brown Derby.
It might be stretching things s bit.
Frank

Funny. I’ve never been asked for my receipt. Mayby the $5.00 in my hand to the valet when I hand him my ticket helps.

The rules state you have to be dining at a TIW restaurant at that resort to get the free parking. I believe you get free parking at the theme parks if you are dining at a TIW restaurant at that park.

To get free valet parking, you have to eat at the hotel’s restaurants.
You can’t show a receipt from Brown Derby to the valets at Boardwalk and park for free.

DT, unless you’re a Florida resident, you can’t get a TIW membership, so free parking is generally a moot point at the parks. I don’t know if Florida resident TIW members can park for free at the parks and I know that the toll booths are not connected to the dining reservation system so that they can check if you have a reservation. With valet, they take your car and you don’t pay until you claim it. That’s when you show the card and the receipt.
I’m not saying you don’t get free park parking outright with just a TIW card, I’m just saying it isn’t logical.

>>I’m not saying you don’t get free park parking outright with just a TIW card, I’m just saying it isn’t logical.<<

I have an AP and get free parking at the parks via that.
I usually park at the resorts where I am going to eat, so use TIW card there.
I was just thinking “out loud” as to whether I could park at the Boardwalk because I’d start and finish there… and have dinner @ Brown Derby in the middle <g>.
Frank