TIW not accepted @ Kona Cafe Sushi Bar

Dined @ the Kona Cafe Sushi Bar tonite.
We’ve eaten there loads of times before.
We were told at the end of the meal that the Tables in Wonderland Card wasn’t accepted there. The sushi chefs even questioned the waiter/CM about it saying that it was accepted a few days ago.
Waiter said it’s the only restaurant/bar in the Poly that doesn’t take it.
Has anyone else encountered this??
Went to the Guest Services desk @ the Poly and they were surprised and not sure, but couldn’t verify yes or no.
It’s a bit disconcerting to pay for a card that Disney doesn’t then honor.
Heck, I can go to Kimono’s @ the Swan and they take it.
Frank

Anyone know where to write to complain.
Frank

Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

(407) 566-5858, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern
WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com

Used TiW card at the sushi bar this past March. We had sushi during our monorail pub crawl along with drinks in the lobby.

Just checked WDW site. The only thing noted for Poly under the TiW section is Kona Cafe as a whole is eligable, not one part or another. Me thinks you got the royal shaft.

I probably should have called for a manager right there.
Strange that the waiter would just pull this since with TIW he is guaranteed 18% tip.
I’ll call Disney today to find out more information.
Thanks.
Frank

That sounds fishy…:glare::smile:

Spoke with the Poly who connected me to TIW who said to send them a copy of the bill. They will contact me to arrange a credit for my TIW deduction.
I scanned it and attached it to an email just now.
They also advised me to contact a manager the next time this happens.
The server isn’t new. We’ve had him in the past.

Frank

Nice of them to correct this quickly. Congrats.

Update:
I sent the info to TIW and haven’t heard back, but did receive a phone call this morning from Guest Services who promise to look into this further.
Guest Service rep did say though that in the AM, when the Kona “bar” is a coffee bar, TIW is NOT accepted, but when it turns in to a sushi restaurant @ 5pm, TIW should be accepted.
Frank

Good info to know Frank. Thanks for sharing it with us. And good work on following it up. Hope it saves the next guy some trouble.