TIW vs DVC discounts

Are the discounts different or better for Tables in Wonderland for AP holders than the dining perks with DVC membership? We are getting AP’s this year since we will be at WDW for 13 days this summer and then 5 more at Christmas. We’re trying to see if the TIW cards are worth the extra money or if it’s the same as the DVC perks. Any help is appreciated!

We are DVC members, and AP holders. The DVC discount will get you discounts at some places…but the TIW card can be used at almost all sit-down’s in WDW. You get 20% off with TIW. We saved a ton of money during our 3 trips in 2010. I think it is well worth the money.

I like having DVC, AP and TIW…that way if there is a discount offered, we get it :slight_smile:
AAA is a good one too.

Hope this helps!

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1055713]We are DVC members, and AP holders. The DVC discount will get you discounts at some places…but the TIW card can be used at almost all sit-down’s in WDW. You get 20% off with TIW. We saved a ton of money during our 3 trips in 2010. I think it is well worth the money.

I like having DVC, AP and TIW…that way if there is a discount offered, we get it :slight_smile:
AAA is a good one too.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

You do know that I am jealous, right? :pinch:

That’s where I’m getting confused, is TIW 20% for dinner too? If so it’s well worth the cost.

We have AAA too! We look for every discount possible that’s how we can do WDW every year!

TIW is for TS at anytime. I don’t think it covers every restaurant at disney but most. One thing some people really like, is that it also covers alcohol. 20% off that too. If you were just eating a few TS, you could probably do ok with just the other discounts. But if you will be eating a number of TS meals with a number of people at each meal, the card does pay off. Our card was used for roughly 12 TS for the 2 of us and 6 meals with 6 -9 people. So roughly after the cost of the card, we saved about 275 dollars.

TIW discount is better, of course you are paying for the card too so it darn well should be.

I use mine even with the DDP for those oh so tasty and refreshing adult beverages NOT covered. I make sure that I tell the server in advance that’s what I’m doing so they can make seperate checks. Heck, at 20% off the savings in beer alone for one trip pays for the card! :laugh:

I forget to use it in bars like BLT Top of the World. Must do better!

TIW is 20% for dinner in most places it’s accepted. I believe that Fulton’s, and Portobello drop to 10% at dinner (based on what I’ve seen posted). It’s also 20% at breakfast and lunch and it’s 20% on alcohol. TIW also gives you a discount at the food courts at all the values as well as the food court at POFQ plus breakfast at POR. I believe that discount is 20% as well. I can’t find my receipt from Pop this second.
TIW also gives you free valet parking at the resort you’re eating at, technically allowing you to valet your car at the GF, Poly, Contemporary, Boardwalk, Yacht, or Beach and head to the park, just so long as you present your dining receipt to the valet stand when you leave.

If it weren’t for the passholder discounts on rooms, we wouldn’t be able to go as often as we go either.

Thanks for all the info!

It sounds like we will definitely be getting a TIW card. We usually do 1 TS meal a day and since we are looking at 18 days next year it should add up to a lot of savings!

And we of course will be putting it all on our Disney visa card!

Just remember the 18 % tip is added automatically so make sure you don’t double tip. Unless you really, really, really like the service. :biggrin:

being a premier,DVC,TIW,AAA member …I say TIW is very good…please remember that 18%tip is added in at all sitdown restaraunts,that is no problem for me…the only problem I have keeping track of what to use where…it gets even more confusing having the DLR-DCA pass,same things at WDW which are not discounted are at DLR…like I said before it would help if it was loaded onto the keys to the kingdom…or just put at each register which discounts can be used at these locations …

[QUOTE=NinerMouse;1055837]Thanks for all the info!

It sounds like we will definitely be getting a TIW card. We usually do 1 TS meal a day and since we are looking at 18 days next year it should add up to a lot of savings!

And we of course will be putting it all on our Disney visa card![/QUOTE]

we are going to get 35days out of our TIW in the calender year…easy the best decision we ever made…

Same here…if it weren’t for the discounts, we wouldn’t be able to go often either. Thank goodness for DVC!