To Do MNSSHP or not?

I have a dilemma. We are leaving in 10 days … Yipeee! We had decided not to do MNSSHP this year. We did it on Halloween last year and really enjoyed it, but figured we would skip it this year.

I am fine with not going, but it seems every time I turn around DH is on the computer watching YouTube videos of the party or reading the Disney Blog about the party or on Facebook, you guessed it, reading about MNSSHP.

I asked him last night if he wanted me to add on tickets. He said “No, we don’t need to spend the money again.” Then in the next breath “You don’t think the kids will be upset that we’re not going, do you?”

Now, the kids may want to go, but I do not think they will be upset. The trip is a surprise as it is. They are going to be happy no matter what.

What should I do? Should I also add on MNSSHP? Oh, on a side note, I have tickets for La Nouba which DH has no clue about. I was going to surprise them all that day.

OOH I am tempted to say do it. It sounds like he’s playing at being cool with it, but deep down he’d love to go back and do it again. If you all enjoyed it I would do it- make it his surprise? La Nouba is a lovely surprise too- but you could get double Brownie points here!

YES just do it…it is a vacation…I am trying to decide betweeen 1 or 2 time when we are there,

You will never regret doing it!

Sometimes we all worry too much about making sure we have the perfect Disney trip. The MNSSHP parade was cute, and the different fireworks was a nice change. But other than that my kids were not impressed with grabbing candy. They wanted to spend time on the rides which they could do on any night in another park. But as much as I liked the parade, and the fact that I could see the fireworks from the Poly Beach, the xtra tix nights do not get me excited.
Now I would find the $$$ for tix each year to La Nouba. The skill and artistry are well worth the $$.
And the fact that it is a suprise trip will be ok. Our kids always understood when we told them “this trip is a last minute plan and on the cheap” everytime. Just the fact that they were in WDW was good enough for them. The kids will understand. Just enjoy the time together. Our kids are all out of college now and this will be the first trip we know for sure no one will make a move to join us.

IMO if the kids are of trick or treating age I would say go for it. There will come an age where they will care less so take advantage of the fun now.:mickey:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1091719]Sometimes we all worry too much about making sure we have the perfect Disney trip. The MNSSHP parade was cute, and the different fireworks was a nice change. But other than that my kids were not impressed with grabbing candy. They wanted to spend time on the rides which they could do on any night in another park. But as much as I liked the parade, and the fact that I could see the fireworks from the Poly Beach, the xtra tix nights do not get me excited.
Now I would find the $$$ for tix each year to La Nouba. The skill and artistry are well worth the $$.
And the fact that it is a suprise trip will be ok. Our kids always understood when we told them “this trip is a last minute plan and on the cheap” everytime. Just the fact that they were in WDW was good enough for them. The kids will understand. Just enjoy the time together. Our kids are all out of college now and this will be the first trip we know for sure no one will make a move to join us.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree. We have done all kids of trips to WDW (long/short, cheaper/not so cheap, etc) and all are perfect in their own way.

Still, if it feels right - I say do it. The memories will far outlast the Visa bill!! :whistling

This is a tough decision. All I can say is that your husband sounds like me and if it was me I would love it if I could go each time I went to WDW in the Fall. Please note that Christmas is my favorite time and I put off many years going to MNSSHP because I felt Christmas time was better. But last year my kids gave us a surpise visit & MNSSHP tickets and this party out weighs MVMCP without a doubt.

So let him have his party, I’m sure you won’t regret it.

But to be fair even though MNSSHP beats out MVMCP the Christmas season all around WDW beats out the Halloween season.

What ever you do I’m sure you will have a great time. Enjoy

I vote for going for it! I think you will want to do it again once you get to the Magic Kingdom, and see the decorations and stuff. Even without trick-or-treating - it’s fun to experience the atmosphere. Go for it, Go for it!! :slight_smile:

If it were me, I think I’d let La Nouba be the “something extra” for this trip and do MNSSHP another time. That will be a really nice surprise, and they’ll already get lots of time in the parks. If money is no object, then sure, go for MNSSHP…but I don’t think the kids will miss a thing if the trip itself AND La Nouba are already surprises. It’s all in how you frame it. Either way I’m sure you will all have a great time!

I think I am going to leave things as they are with no MNSSHP. It is not the money, but the time and trouble issue for me.

First, I would have to put costumes together and I just do not have the time. We leave next Friday. I know we can go without a costume, but that was half the fun last time.

Second, I wanted this trip to be more easy going. Our days are planned, but I wanted most of our nights to be just do whatever kind of nights. I have something planned for 2 nights and that is it. The rest we can just wing it. If I add in the party we will feel obligated to stay late and that can lead to problems for the early breakfast reservations the next morning.

Our girls are very grateful kids who are pretty much happy with whatever they get. The trip and La Nouba will be plenty. Thanks to all of you for helping me weigh the pros and cons.

We’re going to our first MNSSHP this year and I’m looking forward to it - but La Nouba is pretty darn terrific too! I wouldn’t change your plans.

We have gone in Oct. 3 years in a row and never went, so I just bought our tix for our upcoming trip. DH was not happy about spending the $$. I am crossing my fingers that he will change his stripes once he sees how much fun the kids have! please tell me I did the right thing… I may have to dress up like a naughty pirate queen to get him in the spirit…

:laugh::laugh: It is worth it. We really enjoyed ourselves last Halloween. You’ll have a wonderful time.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1091719]Sometimes we all worry too much about making sure we have the perfect Disney trip. The MNSSHP parade was cute, and the different fireworks was a nice change. But other than that my kids were not impressed with grabbing candy. They wanted to spend time on the rides which they could do on any night in another park. But as much as I liked the parade, and the fact that I could see the fireworks from the Poly Beach, the xtra tix nights do not get me excited.
And the fact that it is a suprise trip will be ok. Our kids always understood when we told them “this trip is a last minute plan and on the cheap” everytime. Just the fact that they were in WDW was good enough for them. The kids will understand. Just enjoy the time together. Our kids are all out of college now and this will be the first trip we know for sure no one will make a move to join us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what he said :laugh: