To dress up or not dress up that is the question

I know the boys will be wearing costumes for MNSSHP, but I am not sure if my DH and I should dress up too. So, as adults, do you dress up when you go to MNSSHP? What costume did you wear? If we do dress up, what costume ideas do you have?

Thanks for all the help. I feel like a a novice all over again! :blush:

Dress up! Make the most of your experience and have an amazing time! Disney is the only place you can act like a kid and get away with it. So, do it up and have a fun.

Oh if you can, do dress up. The first time DH and I went, just DD dressed up ( as a scary witch) and when we arrived at the park, I would say a good 80% of the ‘grown ups’ were wearing some sort of costume piece. We so wished we had known in advance. For us as international guests, and somewhat limited on luggage, we usually take a Halloween Mask or witches hat (nothing scary you understand- just fun) but just to show that we are taking part in a small way. You will love it, and some of the costumes are just superb, in fact I enjoy looking at the guests almost as much as the party!

This was my daughter first time and then two years ago.[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

I am a huge supporter of adults dressing up at MNSSHP!! Why not? It’s so much fun and you definitely won’t be out of place! I like to do Disney-themed costumes - Baloo and I have gone as Belle & Gaston, Alice & the Mad Hatter, Newsies… No matter how into it you get, you won’t be the only adult in a costume. Just have fun! :happy:

The way I look at it you are shelling out a tun of money for the party so get dressed up.

We didn’t dress up last year and I kinda regret it. I wound up buying Minnie ears with a witch hat on it and my bf got stitch hands and a hat that looks like stitch is eating his head. That was $60 we could have avoided spending if we had dressed up lol. Believe it or not I found us to be more out of place than if we had dressed up.

Oh I would get all decked out. I do it at home handing out candy on Halloween. :laugh:

Go ahead and dress up, make the most of the experience.

Definitly dress up!

Dress up one way or another. If you are game for a complete transormation type costume, go for it. I have seen many of the guest decked out in really cool costumes (A LOT of pirates!) but DH and I were not in the “mood” to be in a restricting costume, we wanted to be comfortable, so we got t-shirts and used them as our costume. You can see that DH was a cowboy with a hat and badge and I was a princess with a tiera and HUGE pink (ummm) diamond ring! We are gonna do the same idea in September (different costumes!)

Dress up and enjoy!

Lisa

DW and I did MNSSHP in 1999, DW picked up these real cheap ties at a Dollar General…they were called Boo-ties…and they were a HUGE HIT…it wasn’t that we were all decked out, it was that we were decked out at all that mattered, we had a blast.

I was never one for a Halloween costume, so I did not dress up per say for the two parites I went to. I did wear a hallween Tshirt and crazy halloween socks. That’s as Halloween as I get. I think if you wanna do it, you should. No rules for age…have fun and do what makes you feel comfortable. You will find a decent mix of dressed-up and not dressed up adults, so you won’t be pointed at and giggled at if you choose to dress up.

Every year I dress as the same thing and it seems to work.
I go as a Florida tourist who is too hot and too tired to bother putting on that Mr. Incredible suit.
And in 2004 and 2005, there were tons of families dressed as the Incredibles and plenty of the adults shouldn’t have.:eek:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1037876]Every year I dress as the same thing and it seems to work.
I go as a Florida tourist who is too hot and too tired to bother putting on that Mr. Incredible suit.
And in 2004 and 2005, there were tons of families dressed as the Incredibles and plenty of the adults shouldn’t have.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Be nice now.:laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1037876]Every year I dress as the same thing and it seems to work.
And in 2004 and 2005, there were tons of families dressed as the Incredibles and plenty of the adults shouldn’t have.:eek:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I love seeing families all dressed up. Altho the Incredibles are a popular one! :laugh: I’d say go for it! Dress up. MNSSHP is one of the best parties. :wub: My favorite anyway.

Definitely dress up even if you just do something simple! :happy: I’m all for dressing during such Halloween celebrations! It’s the only time we adults get to have that type of fun!

I t doesn’t take much to convince me. I dress up every year for halloween just to give out candy and help out at school parties. Thank you for all the encouragement. Now, to pick a costume! (and figure out what costume to smuggle down for the boys to wear)

Repeat after me “Spandex is not my friend”.:ohmy:

We (2 adults 3 kids) are going for the first time this year on Halloween night. We will be dressing up. I have been thinking about costumes for a year!